Official Review: Grandpa Is Now in Heaven by Kasie Kennedy

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Official Review: Grandpa Is Now in Heaven by Kasie Kennedy

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Grandpa Is Now in Heaven" by Kasie Kennedy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Grandpa Is Now in Heaven is a children's book by Kasie Kennedy written as a poem. This fascinating book depicts the unfailing love of and for a grandpa even in death. Kids will understand that their poppy might be absent physically, but their presence lives on. This knowledge will build children's confidence and make them fearless, knowing that their late grandparents are like guardian angels watching over them.

The poem will also help to answer questions from little kids who have lost someone dear that they can't see again. Ms. Kennedy's poem will encourage the older children and help them connect with their lost grannies and still feel their presence and affection around them. Even as an adult, this book brought back the memory of my late grandpa alive, and I vividly remembered how we, the grandchildren, would sit around him for moonlight stories. What a sweet memory!

I always look out for illustrations and moral lessons in every children's book, and the author didn't disappoint me. The colorful illustrations were creative, beautiful, and very clear. These graphics will paint vivid pictures in the reader's mind. They will also appreciate the beautiful blend of colors and full-page illustrations, and it will make learning colors easy and fun. What I like most about this book is the creative illustration. Children will relate easily to the poem by merely observing the pictures. For instance, the little girl's facial expressions speak volumes.

In addition, the picture where the girl knelt beside her pet to pray was so adorable, and children will learn to say their prayers before going to bed. The book can also serve as a bedtime storybook. I admire the author's choice of words and how friendly her writing tone is. Children will find this book captivating and fun. The beautiful font style is also catchy and lovely. Kudos to Ms. Kennedy for such creativity.

This 24-page book is concise, making it an easy read for kids. I didn't find anything to dislike in this beautiful piece. The narration and language will suit the target audience. This book will be suitable for children between the ages of 3 and 5 and preschool teachers who can also use it as a teaching aid.

In conclusion, this book is exceptionally edited, as I didn't find any grammatical errors in it. I wasn't expecting to see any either. Hence, I'm pleased to give this book a perfect rating of 4 out of 4 stars.

Grandpa Is Now in Heaven
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kanchan Sharma
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanchan-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Kanchan Sharma »

The review is interesting and intriguing. I am eager to read the book.
Sarah Apio
Currently Reading: Playful Princess Panda
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Sarah Apio »

Great review! I love it that the book makes children gain knowledge that builds their confidence hence making them fearless, knowing that their late grandparents are like guardian angels watching over them.
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Post by El_limitless »

The bond children and their grandparents share is beyond amazing. I loved that the book shared a coping mechanism for grandchildren who have lost their grandparents. Interesting review.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful review. I absolutely loved it.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Post by Peace Odii »

For children to read this book would mean to create a conscious mindset about the after life.
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

It’s nice for young kids to see an illustrated storybook that helps them understand how lost loved ones are just spirits that have now passed on. Envisioning them as guardian angels helps ease some of the grief-stricken disconnect that leaves them feeling lost. Thank you for providing an engaging review! ⭐️
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I am sure that it took a lot of skill and tact to write a book intended for small children, which treats a very sensitive topic.
Janet Kimetto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Janet Kimetto »

Death is not an easy subject for young kids to grasp. I like that this book helps them understand the passing on of a loved one. Thank you for such a wonderful review!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Rachel Gillig, One Dark Window
PeterRabitt20
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

Explaining the death of a loved one to a child is an uncomfortable experience, but the book helps with the poem and colorful pictures. Great review!
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Oh my. This sounds sad but important. Children should be part of the procedure, and I am quite glad a story like this is around. This is a fantastic review.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Eliphaz Lucky
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Eliphaz Lucky »

This is a fantastic story for my children though a little sad
Mariana Figueira
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Cloud Atlas
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana-figueira.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Mariana Figueira »

Wow, I admire the author, it can't be easy to write a book like this one. Thanks for the detailed review!
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson
Nicholus Schroeder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholus-schroeder.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Nicholus Schroeder »

The idea behind this book is a lovely one, great review, amazing considering you only had 24 pages to work with.👏👏👏
Jagiine
Currently Reading: Children of Virtue and Vengeance
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jagiine.html
Latest Review: A Collection of Poetry by Cheree Scott

Post by Jagiine »

Thanks for your review. Though I lost my grandpa over a decade ago, I almost want to get this book for myself. It's great that kids can have this nowadays.

Return to “Children's Books”