Official Review: Yes, I Can See by Velvia D. Norman

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Official Review: Yes, I Can See by Velvia D. Norman

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Yes, I Can See" by Velvia D. Norman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Yes, I Can See by Velvia D. Norman is a children's book that gives very young kids the opportunity to learn the alphabet by learning animals' names. There are vivid and colorful drawings in the book aimed to engage young readers in the book. The author’s tone is very simple and descriptive, meaning that children can easily follow along with the flow of the book.

This is the first book in a five-book series written by the author that teaches children the five senses and the alphabet through the use of illustrations. The writer focuses on sight in this book, writing about what a child can see and then providing a colorful drawing of the animal written on the same page.

There were many beautiful elements in the book. Firstly, the text was faultlessly edited since I saw no grammatical or typographical errors in the whole book. Also, the illustrations were very artistic and colorful, thus allowing young readers to focus on the text and avoid distractions while reading. Children will also highly appreciate the logical and methodical structure of the book, as all the animals' names are written in alphabetical order and the text follows a rational flow. What I liked most about this book was that it serves as a unique and original learning tool for young kids, helping them grasp a basic phonetic and linguistic understanding in a fun way. I found nothing to dislike in the text.

This book is geared toward children in kindergarten who have little knowledge of the English language. Kindergarten teachers may wish to use this book in school as a learning tool for their classes, Readers of all religions, including atheists, can appreciate this book.

I decided to rate this book with 4 out of 4 stars. I found no negative element in it, as it was exceptionally edited, beautifully illustrated, coherently structured, and originally compiled. I highly recommend this book to very young children.

Yes, I Can See
View: on Bookshelves
Ondijo Junior
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ondijo-junior.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by Ondijo Junior »

This is a great kids novel that I must recommend to my younger brother, thanks for sharing this great book
Absenc Of Evidence, is Never an Evidence Of Absence
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

What a colorful alphabet book. And it's great that animal names are used to teach alphabets. It enhances the knowledge and teaches them the letters. Thank you for a detailed review!
Mercy119
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fireside119.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Mercy119 »

I enjoy children's literature, so a colorful and descriptive book is right up my alley. The cover alone hints that there is a lot to learn from this work.
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

What a great idea for a series of children’s books! I love that the author dedicated a whole book to each sense and gave time for the kids to focus. Thanks for your great review!

Return to “Children's Books”