Official Review: There’s a Hero in my Home

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Official Review: There’s a Hero in my Home

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "There’s a Hero in my Home" by Stephanie Alexandra.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The author dedicated this book to all the medical personnel who risk their lives to save lives and care for others. She refers to them as our heroes and commends them for their selflessness and dedication towards their profession. Nico, her adorable grandson, was the inspiration behind this book.

There's a Hero in my Home is a fascinating children's book written by Stephanie Alexandra and illustrated by Emily Zieroth. Nico introduces himself to us and tells us how he lives with his dad, mom, and Cooper, their dog. Nico enjoys visiting his granny's house, where he's loved and free to play fun games with his grandparents and uncle. Suddenly, all the fun of going to his granny's house comes to a halt. What happened? Find out.

Firstly, this book is very educational and comes in handy during these pandemic times. Children will find this book interesting and insightful. Nico explains how his mum, a nurse, dresses to work fully kitted to protect herself and others. I must commend the author for putting relevant lessons together in such a short read. This novel is concise with 26 pages, making it an easy read for kids without boring them.

I love a lot of things in this novel. The sentences are short, and it's written in a friendly language. Young learners will find it appealing to read through. Interestingly, the author intends to build children's vocabularies by using some terms relevant to the situation. And because she doesn't want to confuse them, she includes a glossary to explain each word. Even as an adult, I benefited from it.

The full-page colorful illustrations are my favorite aspect of this book. These illustrations are beautiful and attractive. I believe that the pictorials will captivate the minds of young folks. Ms. Zieroth goes further to draw and label some equipment for easy identification and assimilation. More so, there are feasible coloring exercises included to make the reading fun and interesting to kids. They love to play with colors, so this book would also boost their creativity. Kudos to Ms. Zieroth for a job well done.

In all, there is absolutely nothing to dislike about this beautiful piece. I am happy to award There's a Hero in my Home a perfect rating of 4 out of 4 stars. It is exceptionally edited and without any typos. Children will learn how to boost their hygiene and know more about some vocations. I recommend this book to children within the age range of 3 and 9 because of its thrilling and educative benefits.

There’s a Hero in my Home
View: on Bookshelves
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

In the pandemic context we should be even more grateful for the risks taken by the medical personnel, so congratulations for the author! Also, teaching children to respect this job is a commendable objective. Lovely review!
MayorE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayore.html
Latest Review: Remarkably Intact by Celia Belt

Post by MayorE »

I love books with colorful illustrations. Keeps the readers interest peaked. Thanks for a wonderful review
Wildflowertheorist
Currently Reading: Rise of the Savior
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wildflowertheorist.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Wildflowertheorist »

This book seems like an all-rounder for kids! But I'll admit, I wish to read it too!
"When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

Such a cute idea that can be used especially now to explain to kids why we can’t go visit anymore and how important the healthcare workers are. Thanks for the great review
AbhyarnaAman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhyarnaaman.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by AbhyarnaAman »

what better time than this, to understand the significance of this book. Its good that the writing style is apt for young audience, they too deserve to know what's going around.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.
By Rob White
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
VictoriousReader
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoriousreader.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by VictoriousReader »

I love the book cover, the title, and the fact that the book comes with illustrations. Thank you for the review.
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

This book outlines the importance if the medical personnel, which is even more important in the ongoing pandemic situation across the world. Excellent book, and equally excellent review.

Return to “Children's Books”