Official Review: Bellamy the Bumblebee by Jeannie Cronin

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Official Review: Bellamy the Bumblebee by Jeannie Cronin

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Bellamy the Bumblebee" by Jeannie Cronin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Bellamy the Bumblebee, written by Jeannie Cronin, is a book about a bumblebee that is too scared to fly. His wings are smaller than his friends’ wings, which makes him feel that he cannot fly as well as they do. Bellamy’s mom notices that he is feeling down and does everything she can to cheer him up and encourage him to fly. Will his mom be successful? Will Bellamy become confident enough to fly? Readers will have to pick up a copy of this book to find out.

The message that the author used in her book was one of inspiration and courage. I am sure that every child in the world has had their share of feeling inferior to their peers. Playground bullies, popular kids, and academically gifted classmates are some of the most well-known pressures that young children face. Jeannie understands that a child’s confidence can be destroyed from these pressures and wrote a book that shows kids that it is okay to be different. Even though I am an adult, I was able to relate to this story’s message on a personal level.

I loved the illustrations that were in this book. They stood out on their own away from the words, allowing readers to focus on the pictures without distractions. I found this unusual for a children’s book, but it was more enjoyable this way. The facial expressions on the bumblebees were my favorite part of the illustrations, as these expressions connected with the words of the story.

There was nothing that I disliked about Bellamy the Bumblebee. It is a great story with a powerful message. Children between the ages of four and eight will likely enjoy this book the most. Parents that have children with special needs may also enjoy what it has to offer.

I am giving this book a maximum rating of 4 out of 4 stars. Only two spacing issues were present in the book, but it did not affect my enjoyment at all. As such, I believe that it was proficiently edited.

Bellamy the Bumblebee
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: Last Minute Wedding Date by Anthony george
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Damian Keyes »

Kids will be drawn to this book because of the bright, visual look. I cannot wait to get this book and share it with my nieces and nephew. Congrats on being BOTD!
marski24
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by marski24 »

it is good for growing children and there is a good values impated in here especially it is a children's books.
Kasun Perera
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasun-perera.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Kasun Perera »

It sounds like a great inspirational book for little kids. Thanks for the descriptive review
smolbird
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 264
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smolbird.html
Latest Review: Pariah by Robert C. Swetz
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by smolbird »

Even though I'm an adult, I simply love reading children's books. They convey messages in a way that children can easily digest but it can also be a simple reminder for adults. Thanks for the lovely review.
"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - Albus Dumbledore
soenaryo
Currently Reading:

Post by soenaryo »

Interesting book and every parents get obligated to buy for this one, especially for Parents that have children with special needs.
lyraangela_28
Currently Reading:

Post by lyraangela_28 »

It's a nice and interesting book! This book will definitely good for the kids and mostly to the kids who are not confidence in everything. And not also for the kids, but also for all the people who has an insecurities to themselves like me. I'm sure this book will encourage them to be confident and love yourself. This book is kinda great huh! 😉 :wink:
Chizioboli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chizioboli.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Chizioboli »

This reminds of me of a cartoon my son watches. This book like you said would encourage any child to have courage and be confident.
Krishnajee100
Favorite Book: THE STORY OF MY LIFE
Currently Reading: art of war
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krishnajee100.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Krishnajee100 »

I would like to read this story to my little brother. It is based on some very important matters of a child's life and I must say that this review is so good, that it made me to read this book.:)
WADonnelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wadonnelly.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by WADonnelly »

This seems like a really sweet and great book for children. Great review!
Mtracey
Favorite Book: Soul Seeker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtracey.html
Latest Review: Shadow Game by A.M. Adair

Post by Mtracey »

This book was super adorable and I would love to read it to my niece as a bed time story.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

It sounds like an inspirational book for both children and adults. We all need to know that it is okay to be different.
Great review!
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Gosh, this sounds really cute! I am sure kids would love this.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
jessica122008

Post by jessica122008 »

From the first the title sounds interesting to read. Also the moral lesson of the story will definitely appreciate the reader ang the story listener.👏
Petruschka1
Currently Reading: India in Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-petruschka1.html
Latest Review: Watchwords (black and white) by Philip Neal Gatter

Post by Petruschka1 »

Bellamy the Bumblebee sounds like a great book for young children. The title of the book alone makes me want to read it. It also has an important message for children and adults alike, that is to overcome their fears and to follow their dreams.

Return to “Children's Books”