Official Review: The Mystery of the Hidden Bridge

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Official Review: The Mystery of the Hidden Bridge

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Mystery of the Hidden Bridge" by David W. Scheer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Mystery of the Hidden Bridge by David W. Scheer is a children’s book on the importance of faith in Jesus Christ. The writer discusses many themes, such as humility, faith, death, and society. The tone of the text is informal, direct, and simple, creating a personal atmosphere, thereby engaging the reader.

The author begins the novel by describing three excellent swimmers, Eddie Evil, Lenny Luke, and Ricky Wright. Eddie Evil was a mean, proud person, while Lenny Luke and Ricky Wright were humbler and fairer. The three swimmers arrange a competition to determine who is the fastest swimmer. They agree that the swimmer who crosses the Atlantic Oceans first is the best swimmer and the news channels come to record the competition. Suddenly, an old man appears and speaks about an invisible bridge. Who is the invisible bridge? Who will win the competition?

There were several positive characteristics in the story. More analytically, the writer included numerous poetic devices and linguistic techniques, which engaged the reader in the story. Additionally, the book was professionally edited, as I did not encounter any errors in the entire novel. The story also followed a logical, chronological flow, thus allowing the reader to understand the development of the novel. What I liked most in the novel was that it contained beautiful illustrations, which added vividness and liveliness to the text.

This book is best suited for Christian young readers and parents who enjoy stories related to sports. This book is ideal for parents reading to young children to teach them many valuable Christian principles. Christian readers will enjoy this story the most, as it is written from a Christian perspective with Biblical verses.

All in all, I rate this book with 4 out of 4 stars. I handed this book a perfect score, as it was vivid, engaging, and excellently edited. I recommend this book to every reader that finds it interesting.

The Mystery of the Hidden Bridge
View: on Bookshelves
Splendour0606
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-splendour0606.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Post by Splendour0606 »

I applaud the author for writing a book that would aid Spiritual growth in children.I am sure an adult can also benefit from this book.Thanks for your review.
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: The Man In the cafe by Michael J Pilkington

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

Christian books with a decent plot and solid lessons for young readers are rare. It's good to know that the author merged both elements seamlessly. Thanks for the recommendation.
Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe v morrow

Post by Adanna Inya »

In today's world where doctrines fly everywhere, we need to safeguard the kids and keep them rooted in faith. This is a book I'd recommend for catching them young in faith.
Laura Lee
Currently Reading: Holiday in Death 
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-lee.html
Latest Review: My ABC "Chair" Book by Barbara H. Hartsfield

Post by Laura Lee »

What age span of children do you think this is best suited for? It sounds like a good book for Christians. Thanks for a well-written review!
Laura Lee

“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
― Groucho Marx, The Essential Groucho: Writings For By And About Groucho Marx
Deborah kalu
Currently Reading: A Giant Below
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by Deborah kalu »

Mystery of the hidden bridge was what caught my attention on this book.And also,an old man that appear in the story talking about the invible bridge.hmmm.....I reserve my word.I believe everyone will learn some good lessons. Thanks for the review!!! I will add this one to my shelf.
Damis Seres Rodriguez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damis-seres-rodriguez.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Damis Seres Rodriguez »

Is there any specific age you would suggest for children to read the book? Great review!
Nedbrian
Currently Reading: Into the Hand of a Woman
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedbrian.html
Latest Review: Different Family Structures by Mildred Stallworth

Post by Nedbrian »

Christian Faith books like this encourages one to remain devoted. Loved the review and would definitely seek out this book for my own private reading.
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 518
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: Supercharge Your Production with 5 Time Management Hacks by Lucy Ledet

Post by Mutai Marshal »

It is crucial to instill Biblical teachings at a tender age. Am glad this book does. Great review
Usma Khann
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-usma-khann.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Usma Khann »

Though this book deals with beautiful themes of spirituality, faith and devotion, I will probably have to skip the read because of the religious factor. Appreciate the review though.🌸
Readers know it. Authors know it. Publishers know it. A promising review sells books! :roll:
blancaelizondo214
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by blancaelizondo214 »

If about the Bible? Not necessarily has to be Christian, there is also Catholics who are called Christian's and don"t read Bible , some others don't care of religions, I think the Bible Book should be for all to read so, that way we all knew one same thing .
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

I like the lessons of humility and humbleness that religious books teach. It's important to instill good values in children. Great job on your review!
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Thank you for the review! Unfortunately, I wouldn't read this book. Even though it's a children's book, I don't like reading too much about religion.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Iva Stoyanova
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iva-stoyanova.html
Latest Review: Tau Ceti: A Ship from Earth by George T. Hahn
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Iva Stoyanova »

I would pass on this book as I'm not into Christian books, nor children's books. I'm sure kids will enjoy it and will learn from it though, the concept sounds great.
"You can be more aware and more present simply by resting in the present moment, open to all that is, without trying to control it or grasp it with the mind. Truly, a marvelous way of being!"

Richard L. Haight
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

Spiritual lessons, independently whether referring to Christian faith or any other religion, are beneficial for a child's education. Great review!

Return to “Children's Books”