Official Review: Big Bear Fair by Grandma Krazy

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ciecheesemeister
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Currently Reading: Homer, A Constant Companion.
Bookshelf Size: 724
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ciecheesemeister.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush
fav_author_id: 165843

Official Review: Big Bear Fair by Grandma Krazy

Post by ciecheesemeister »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Big Bear Fair" by Grandma Krazy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Big Bear Fair is a children’s book by Grandma Krazy. The book is brief and easy to read. It contains colorful pictures of a myriad of different kinds of bears. There is a surprise at the end that children will enjoy.

The illustrations are beautiful, and the story is fun and imaginative. I believe the book was professionally edited. The only error I could find was one instance of a comma where there shouldn’t be one.

There was nothing I disliked about Big Bear Fair. I had minor issues with the formatting of the text in a couple of panels. I felt that the type should either be moved slightly or had different effects or colors in these panels because it was a bit hard on my eyes. The black text was highlighted in white and placed over dark green trees. I will include the caveat that I have vision issues such as cataracts which may make certain color combinations more difficult for me to see properly than for people with normal vision to see.

I give Big Bear Fair four out of four stars for its wonderfully magical and colorful story. This little tale illustrates how we lose our powers of imagination as adults. There is such a contrast between the attitude of the imaginative little boy describing all the clever bears engaging in fascinating activities right outside the window and the demeanor of his mother who seems bored and is fixed on completing work on her computer. To the mother’s credit, she never loses patience with the child.

I can recommend Big Bear Fair to parents of young children without reservation. Nothing potentially frightening or upsetting happens in the story. Children will love the colorful pictures of animals engaging in whimsical activities. This book could easily become a storytime favorite for parents and kids to enjoy together.

Big Bear Fair
View: on Bookshelves
Amy747
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy747.html
Latest Review: Real Secrets Of Life by Krishna Jagarnath

Post by Amy747 »

I love the name of the author. The surprise ending has piqued my interest.
Josephe-Anne
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 488
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

Thanks for your review. :D

This sounds like a highly entertaining and creative story for young children. It is also realistic because it features a parent multitasking - working on the computer while monitoring their child.
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann
Josephe-Anne
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 488
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

Amy747 wrote: 12 Feb 2020, 09:53 I love the name of the author. The surprise ending has piqued my interest.
Yes, the author has a memorable and amusing name.
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann
jon_03
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by jon_03 »

I really like this book it is easy to understand and has a good plot and theme behind it.The illustrations are beautiful, and the story is fun and imaginative.The book would be good for kids because it has such a fun simple plot to understand and is easy to understand.

Return to “Children's Books”