Official Review: Bloopy by Simone faith

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Official Review: Bloopy by Simone faith

Post by ALynnPowers »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Bloopy" by Simone faith.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Bloopy is a children’s book by Simone Faith that can be used as a tool to help teach numbers to young children. The book is written with a cute, two-line rhyme on each page about our main character, Bloopy. Bloopy is a unique, green creature: a dog mixed with a dinosaur who can fly. He loves to eat acorns, so he invites readers to help him count the ten acorns in the book.

This book is extremely short, with only 5 pages containing words and 10 total pages. This book is probably meant to be looked at more than read. Young children would certainly be interested in the character of Bloopy and the cute pictures of him singing, eating acorns, and standing on his head.

I imagine that Bloopy could be a recurrent character in a series of stories, and there is lots of room for building stories that provide a little more information about him. While this book is short and simple with a basic educational purpose, Bloopy could easily tell even longer stories with a variety of different lessons to children of all ages. Much like Clifford the Big Red Dog, the unique and interesting character sets the foundation for what could potentially be a fun series for children. Different levels of books would allow for children to grow up reading about Bloopy.

Kindle format is probably not the best format for this book. I would recommend a hard copy of the book so that kids can enjoy it over and over again using all of their senses. My own Kindle doesn’t even have color, so I felt like I was missing some of the experience of the book by not being able to see the colors of the acorns and numbers. This is, of course, my own fault and in no way reflects the quality of this book.

I give this children’s book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. It’s a cute story that toddlers and preschoolers will enjoy. I can even imagine a young one familiar with the story reciting the cute lines while “reading” the story to themselves. I look forward to seeing more Bloopy books in the future.

Bloopy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Laura Ungureanu
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra
Bookshelf Size: 1392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ungureanu.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Laura Ungureanu »

It's nice when you can imagine children and parents reading this book side by side. I'm not sure if a combined creature is the best for children though. I would probably prefer it if the character was only a dog or only a dinosaur. But many parents and kids might like it this way also.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Post by Ria710 »

Thanks for a nice review. This sounds like a book that would be very educational to kids. The cover of this book is very cute.
naisausogolele
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by naisausogolele »

Yes. This book will be interesting for kids to read. It will exercise their minds and they will enjoy reading it.

Return to “Children's Books”