Official Review: Dawn over the moon by Tomadir khalfalla

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lorraine De Vos
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Indian Immigrant
Bookshelf Size: 669
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorraine-de-vos.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Official Review: Dawn over the moon by Tomadir khalfalla

Post by Lorraine De Vos »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Dawn over the moon" by Tomadir khalfalla.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Dawn over the moon by Tomadir Khalfalla follows the story of Tamara. She had a dream; she wanted to fly and she worked tirelessly toward achieving her goal. Tamara, her children Sama and Sami, the flying car named Audrey and the telescope named Galileo, all proceed to take a trip around the world and to the moon.

This imaginative ideology conjures up the perfect world. As one thing changes for the better, the next is soon to follow.

The illustrations in this book are mesmerizing. You can clearly see that careful thought and planning went into each detail. The light blue shading of the pages combined with the carefree innocence of the children and the loving nature of their mother, turns this book into a pleasant overall experience.

Tamara’s childlike joy makes her a relatable character for children. In my personal opinion, the book contains a positive message: follow your dreams and work hard to get what you want.

Although it is clear that English is not the author’s first language, it actually translates beautifully, making the book simplistic enough for children to follow with ease.

I loved the idea of the songs, but felt a little lost on what tunes would be best suited when sung aloud. With the amount of detail invested in this book, I think adding a disc with the songs or possibly an online link would have made an enormous impact. Not everyone has the imagination to dream up the beauty of song that could match this fable.

The only negative thought I have is that perhaps this book is too long for a single bedtime story and would probably have to be read in sections.

For a slight book of 33 pages, there was an unfortunate amount of spelling and grammar mistakes and I do think this book requires another round of editing to correct these issues. If my child was reading this book, I would have liked the spelling to be correct. Due to this, I cannot give this book a perfect rating. I do think this book was artistic and inventive and on that note I am happy to rate this book 3 out of 4 stars.

This is a children’s book and there are no malicious themes, so it is safe to say that anyone can read it. If you do not like children’s books, then I would avoid this title altogether.

Dawn over the moon
View: on Bookshelves
Dee_218
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dee-218.html
Latest Review: Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of the Lost and Love Series) by Stella Knights

Post by Dee_218 »

Sounds like a much needed positive theme for children. Thanks for a great review jbcitygirl.
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Magnify3 »

I think that I would like to read this book. It is good for children to dream and realize their dreams.
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: The Man In the cafe by Michael J Pilkington

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

I like the positive theme. However, I believe children's books should be error free as they are still impressionable, I hope it gets another round of editing.
KingK123
Favorite Book: The Sultan's Harem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingk123.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by KingK123 »

Hopefully the book gets the editing it needs because the concept sounds fantastic.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I like the idea of the songs on a disc or online. I want to fly just like the main character! What a cute story. Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman

Return to “Children's Books”