Official Review: Out Loud by Luz Agudelo

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nathan Berner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathan-berner.html
Latest Review: Debt Cleanse by Jorge P. Newbery

Re: Official Review: Out Loud by Luz Agudelo

Post by Nathan Berner »

OuKoyoo wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 11:51 I must say that the reviewer highlighted something very important that baffles me; that the book uses difficult vocabulary. I wonder why the author chose to use such language when the book is meant for children. The reviewer suggests that the book needs to be read to children in order for the them to understand but I believe that should not be the case. Kids ought to read and comprehend the book on their own.
That's true that difficult vocabulary might turn off children. However, if their parents are reading it to them then s/he might teach the children new words.
jasmine-louise
Currently Reading: The Book of God
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jasmine-louise.html
Latest Review: Undead Redhead by Jen Frankel

Post by jasmine-louise »

I love books that deal with bullying. I will have to get this,thanks for the review.
Maroosh
Currently Reading: Kidnapped
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maroosh.html
Latest Review: Zeus Defied by Rez Khan

Post by Maroosh »

This sounds like an interesting read on a very important topic. Great review! Sad that there is inconsistency in rhyming pattern, otherwise this sounded like the perfect book for children
Shacrazyie
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Shacrazyie »

This book is an awesome message to kids in this world to day.Also this book is very educational and unique
Y0landa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-y0landa.html
Latest Review: Last Words from Above by Jeremy Brown

Post by Y0landa »

If I had the choice of a book to read to children ages 7-10, this book would stand out on the shelf for me! Bullying needs to be spoken about 'Out Loud' (perfect title) in every school to put an end to its damaging effects on children. I love the fact that the story rhymes as it's fun and catchy to the ear, and kids love this. Too bad the rhyming pattern isn't very consistent. I wonder about the blue characters too. Nonetheless, I would still grab this book from the shelf without hesitating. Great review, thanks!
Valar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valar.html
Latest Review: High Hopes by Sue Lilley

Post by Valar »

I read the book and it is a little difficult for me to understand but I love the message.
" The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go" - Dr. Seuss
Rea_der
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rea-der.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by Rea_der »

:techie-studyingbrown: Well while writing a book for kids...it should be interesting and attractive for kids to get theor interest and attention, but it becomes hard when you opt for some serious topics to convey in a fun manner. I think thats why the rhyming is disturbed. Anyway it will still be hard for kids if its not easy and consistent. Why characters are blue :shock2: ummm maybe just toake it look interesting to kinds amd nothing else

Thanks for the detailed review :)
homelight
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by homelight »

June, a shy and lonely woman is worked up and frightened approximately her college’s opposition on the seaside. She expects to make some pals…till she discovers that it’s not as clean as she concept. After June gets bullied and left out via her peers, she runs away to hide herself in embarrassment. However, June quickly discovers that she isn't by myself. Jonas, a child from her school follows her to her hidden region. Together they grow to be stumbling upon Gull, a stranded seagull yelling for help. It doesn’t take long for things to get a little unsightly after a large monster ambushed them.
KojoGH
Favorite Book: Wellness Toolbox
Currently Reading: What Makes America Great
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by KojoGH »

This book is very important to everyone especially the high school kids. Bullying influences the victim psychologically and physically.
Amy747
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy747.html
Latest Review: Real Secrets Of Life by Krishna Jagarnath

Post by Amy747 »

I was bullied my entire childhood so i feel that any book that can help teach kids about bullying is super important.

Return to “Children's Books”