Official Review: God is my Superhero by A.K.Kronicles

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Elizabeth Pass
Favorite Book: Dealing with Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #1)
Currently Reading: Reign
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bb587.html
Latest Review: COVIDinners by Katie M Zeigler

Official Review: God is my Superhero by A.K.Kronicles

Post by Elizabeth Pass »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "God is my Superhero" by A.K.Kronicles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

God is my Superhero by A.K. Kronicles is a simple story about faith. It’s a children’s book with colorful pictures.

Bobby has to bring his favorite superhero to school on National Superhero Day. He looks through his action figures and realizes that his favorite superhero doesn’t sit on the shelf with the others. He goes to school without a toy and listens to the other students share their favorites. Then, he gets up and tells everyone about God.

It’s hard not to give away spoilers for this book since it’s in the title. If I hadn’t read the title, I still would have realized who his superhero was based on his thought bubble of a cross within the first few pages. There’s no mystery to this book, but there are a few charming details within Bobby’s presentation in front of his class. Those you will have to read for yourself.

The illustrations in this book are fantastic. They are easy to understand and portray the text nicely. The colors used are simple and the shadows add a depth that’s not usually seen in children’s books. Each child in Bobby’s class is unique and diverse.

I enjoyed this story a lot. I feel this is something parents can read with their children when they first start comprehending the greatness of God. It shares basic components of faith without getting too complicated. I would recommend this to believers in the Almighty.

I didn’t like the use of “most favorite.” If something is a favorite, it is the “most liked” of any given category. Therefore, the word shouldn’t be altered with an extra modifier. While I understand this is a common colloquialism, I prefer these controversial grammar issues to be avoided in children’s picture books. Other than that, I only found one error in the text.

I look forward to sharing this book with my nieces. Because of that and everything else I liked about it, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I really hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.

God is my Superhero
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Magnify3 »

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review. I think that it is a great book to share with my Sunday school class. Thanks for the review!
Shadiid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadiid.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Shadiid »

Wow this is sure an enjoyable book. :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyingbrown: my kid is 1 year old now but I will buy the book and keep it safe for her to read when she is older and able to read. There are not so many children's books on God. Your review was wonderful and I feel like I have already read the book. Well recommended.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Is the child saying it's his most favorite? Because that's something I could absolutely see a kid saying. It sounds like a very interesting, faith-based book. Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

I really love the title of the book, and it sounds like a delightful story with lovely illustrations. Thanks for the informative review.
dorebri2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorebri2020.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by dorebri2020 »

I love how the illustrations will be able to convey to young souls the greatness that God can offer in their lives. I'm glad that you were able to convey the beauty of the story well. Thanks or the review!
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."- J.K. Rowling. :D
Wyland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyland.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by Wyland »

I like the simple and significant message being communicated to children both trough the book’s title and Bobby’s presentation to his class. Thanks for an enjoyable review.
Wambui-nj
Favorite Book: Half of a Yellow Sun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wambui-nj.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins

Post by Wambui-nj »

Your review is great and this is a book I would love to read and hand over to my niece.
Gathoni1991
Currently Reading: Elf Accord
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gathoni1991.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Gathoni1991 »

It touches my soul when a kid acknowledges the greatness of God. My son is definitely reading this. I feel sad when I see on televisions, kid programs that want to propagate the narrative -There is no God.
Readanumba1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Readanumba1 »

My its so cute. I would like to get this for my younger baby cousins.
Ivs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Ivs »

This is a book of review enhances children that always inspiration the meaning of love by the name of GOD became an instrument to share their love and values.
jasmine-louise
Currently Reading: The Book of God
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jasmine-louise.html
Latest Review: Undead Redhead by Jen Frankel

Post by jasmine-louise »

I will definitely be getting this book, sounds like a good little book.
Fairyland1010
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42

Post by Fairyland1010 »

I am going to read this book soon. Even bye it for my child. This book I know is going to be very interesting to read. Thanks for the recommendation.

Return to “Children's Books”