Featured Review: Prophase: A Present Tale by Mitchel Street

Discuss the November 2014 book of the month, Prophase: A Present Tale by Mitchel Street.
Sampson50
Currently Reading: House of Eire
Bookshelf Size: 10

Re: Featured Review: Prophase: A Present Tale by Mitchel Street

Post by Sampson50 »

This is just a powerful tale that tries to mirror the life of a typical orphan and their ordeals. It's a wonderful book and worth reading.
Wamakima
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wamakima.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Wamakima »

I have read a sample of the book and honestly it's mind blowing. I am an ardent fan of fiction and I can't wait to finish the whole book. I enjoyed reading your review and I hope to understand later on why you rated it at 3 out of 4 stars.
But the path I’ve chosen has always been the right one, and I wouldn’t have had it any other way. :)
Ofomiyonwon
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ofomiyonwon »

The book make me never want to stop reading just want to know more about piper and how she his finally dealing with life
itsmirissa
Currently Reading: Divergent
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by itsmirissa »

This book isn’t anything what I expected it to be by the cover, after reading the sample I’ve realized you really can’t judge a book by its cover. It starts off strong and really pulled me in!
the_writer_chef
Currently Reading: The Warramunga's Aftermath of War
Bookshelf Size: 41

Post by the_writer_chef »

At first, I thought "Oh no, one more fantasy novel with a teen protagonist." But then I read the review, and it sounds interesting. I'd like to give this book a shot at reading.
Zhariah
Favorite Book: The Chimera Vector
Currently Reading: Race to Refuge
Bookshelf Size: 284
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zhariah.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Zhariah »

I'm not a fan of vague descriptions and a storyline that feels forced, but the story sounds interesting enough to give the book a go. Thanks for a great review :)
Shas F
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shas-f.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Shas F »

Prophase: A Present Tale by Mitchel Street is a fantasy young adult tale about teenager Piper who discovers she has auras that empower her to save herself and other people during times of danger. Like many other YA coming-of-age novels, the heroine is dealing with a troubled personal life: she has lost her mother to breast cancer and her boyfriend in a sudden breakup. She is alienated by the wrath of her father. The new twist in this book is she is blessed with powerful auras (energies) that enable her to reshape reality and save people from harm. She will soon be transported to the world where she belongs but she must help save that world from oppression. Reviewer s dot Lennon provides valuable insights on the book. This is a wonderful YA book for teens on overcoming grief and loss of love and meeting one's destiny.
Last edited by Shas F on 05 Mar 2019, 06:34, edited 2 times in total.
OSIRO_OKUMU1
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by OSIRO_OKUMU1 »

It is teaching in a way one is able to grasp the message well and clears. It encourages one to read through without boredom.
Emy Katherine
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 430
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emy-katherine.html
Latest Review: 9 Days of Piper Snow by Daniella Blechner
Reading Device: B07953N411

Post by Emy Katherine »

She is going to uncover a world she never knew existed. A world that is very much in turbulence within itself. There is a whole history that she must uncover about who she is and how she can affect the world as she knows it.
A well-written coming-of-age novel about a girl who discovers she possesses magical powers after a near-death experience. A great adventure filled with magic and mystery! To be honest, I am not fan of the genre, but I changed my mind after reading the sample! The story is intriguing, and the characters are compelling; I was particularly intrigued by the cat, Jazz! Added this book to my TBR list. Thank you for the detailed review!
rumik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rumik.html
Latest Review: Agartha by Jaylee Austin

Post by rumik »

Sounds like a really interesting book! I wouldn't mind checking this one out.
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

This sounds like a heart-wrenching story for young adult readers. I love how it covers weighty topics and is able to weave a supernatural component into it. It is too bad that the author felt like they force so many events into one book; perhaps it would have benefitted from being part of a series. Thanks for the engaging review!
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

This sounds like an interesting coming-of-age fantasy novel. I love how it brings up important themes with a very imaginative world. Congrats on the book of the day. Great review.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is a coming of age fantasy novel full of adventure, paranormal elements like werewolves, romance, and magic. The book has a free sample on Amazon Kindle and has an inciteful OnlineBookClub review. I rated the book 3 out of 4 stars. Congrats @Mitchel_Street on the BOTD.
Brendan Donaghy
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Small Great Things
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brendan-donaghy.html
Latest Review: Teetering On A Tightrope by Steven W Wilson

Post by Brendan Donaghy »

Sounds like an excellent read for young adults who like fantasy fiction.
Bles
Currently Reading: Dance of Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bles.html
Latest Review: Nettie Boo by Judy Adams Brown

Post by Bles »

Prophase by Mitchel Street sounds interesting. At first when I read the title, I wasn't intrigued but then after reading a review of this book I must confess that it's amazing and I will give it a try. Great review.
Books are beautiful.

Return to “"Prophase: A Present Tale" by Mitchel Street”