The Glittering Court VS Selection Series

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
trinitymja
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trinitymja.html
Latest Review: Elastic Girl by Olivia Rana

The Glittering Court VS Selection Series

Post by trinitymja »

I often find myself reading stuff my nieces like just to see if there is something I'd find interesting too. They all LOVED the Selection Series. I tried reading a few, but found the story seemed to repeat itself, just in a different setting and with no new plot surprises. Recently I stumbled on The Glittering Court on my Overdrive Library App. I've now read two of the three books and like them TONS better than the Selection Series. Anyone else read either of them? Have an opinion? Just curious.
EvaKSoni
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by EvaKSoni »

I read all five of the Selction Series books and the first book of Glittering Court when it had first come out. My opinion at the time was that the Selection was at a much faster pace than the glittering court, and I personally at the time did not enjoy the glittering court as much as I had initially thought I would have, however I plan on re-reading it to see how well I would enjoy it now that I am a little bit older
Annony11

Post by Annony11 »

I’d never heard of Glittering Court before this but now it’s on my tbr list.
RoxieReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxiereads.html
Latest Review: Code Name Lily by Julien Ayotte

Post by RoxieReads »

I have not read the Glittering Court, but I have read all five of the Selection books which I found mildly enjoyable.
~Roxie~
dorebri2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorebri2020.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by dorebri2020 »

I personally love both for different reasons. I love Selection for its romance, and I love the Glittering Court for its independence and adventure. They are two truly different novels and I would recommend either one.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."- J.K. Rowling. :D
Dan_ielle+

Post by Dan_ielle+ »

I thoroughly enjoyed both series. I found The Selection series first. I absolutely loved it, but I did find it to be a little slow at times. I loved the Glittering Court series because each book was full of fun and wild adventures that I pleasantly enjoyed going on with the young women. I can't help that I absolutely fell in love with the characters. I love series like these that have plenty of action and abundant romance. They make my life a little less boring. haha
LegitBookLover

Post by LegitBookLover »

I loved The Selection series. I read all 5 of the books and fell in love with the story. The Glittering Court wasn't as good for me. I read the first book and thought it was boring. There wasn't enough risk for the main charecters love. And then, when they were fighting for it, it seemed like they had a relatively easy time.
HarryPotterLibrary22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harrypotterlibrary22.html
Latest Review: Watchwords (black and white) by Philip Neal Gatter

Post by HarryPotterLibrary22 »

LegitBookLover wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 23:52 I loved The Selection series. I read all 5 of the books and fell in love with the story. The Glittering Court wasn't as good for me. I read the first book and thought it was boring. There wasn't enough risk for the main charecters love. And then, when they were fighting for it, it seemed like they had a relatively easy time.
The Selection series in so my TBR list for 2020, would you say all the books in the series were just as good?
sevencrows
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sevencrows.html
Latest Review: Daisy's Run by Scott Baron

Post by sevencrows »

I prefer the Glittering Court! I didn't read past book 1 of the Selection, however, so I cannot compare as a series, but I believe the Glittering Court has a better overarching theme.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”