Official Review: Treasure of the magical mine moppets

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Brandy C
Currently Reading: A Discovery of Witches
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandy-c.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Re: Official Review: Treasure of the magical mine moppets

Post by Brandy C »

I'm not the target audience but after reading the sample pages I want to read this to my son. In my opinion, children's books should have a bright attractive cover, a good plot, colorful illustration, and teach a lesson. This book has these traits and more. I love that it educates children while also teaching life lessons. A fictional story with some real thoughts and lessons , mixed in. I wish it had more illustrations for the younger children but overall it's a good book. Thank you for the review.
”You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view..Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it” Harper Lee, To Kill A Mockingbird
read+er
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-read-er.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by read+er »

This seems like a good children's book. Between the lessons learned and the story of ubercorn it sounds like a good book. I would read it. I think the reviewer did a good job.
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1034
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

Children's books have a certain appeal to adults. It's simple, fun and engaging most of the time. I loved Charlotte's Web so I am looking forward to reading the adventure of Tom and his family and the Mine Moppets.
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
navyapindi
Currently Reading: Insurgent
Bookshelf Size: 234

Post by navyapindi »

Seems like a good book for children with a good plot.. story of good against evil..
Susmita Biswas
Currently Reading: Fuzzy Bunny Slippers
Bookshelf Size: 595
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susmita-biswas.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Susmita Biswas »

Treasure of the Magical Mine Moppets is such a wonderful story with a serious message. I loved the idea of a shortage of food. And the family wants to solve the problem. Congo on #botd.
Susmita Roy :techie-studyinggray:
Helena91
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helena91.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Helena91 »

This book will make a very good read for kids and even adults who like children's novel. The cover is attractive. The lesson is great!
Ekta Kumari
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rebecca
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-kumari.html
Latest Review: Humanity Must Survive the 21st Century by Theodore Vornicu
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Ekta Kumari »

Excellent review. It seems like an engaging children's book with an interesting storyline. Wish it had more illustrations, though. Thanks for your review.
"Words dazzle and deceive because they are mimed by the face. But black words on a white page are the soul laid bare."

-Guy de Maupassant
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

I've always been a fan of children's book like this. It usually contains important lessons that not just kids can obtain but also adults. I'll recommend this to my students and friends. Thank you
Chrystal Oaks
Favorite Book: The Favor
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 1194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-oaks.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chrystal Oaks »

A children's book teaching valuable lessons about friendship, kindness, respect, family, and making decisions, along with some illustrations, sounds like a book I want to read. Thanks for the great review!
We do not simply live in this universe. The universe lives within us.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cristina Chifane »

This children's book seems both entertaining and educational. I'm sure children will be drawn to the magical elements and fantastic creatures. From the Powers family, they will also learn the importance of ethical values. Thanks for your review!
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Nicole_Boyd
Currently Reading: A Captive in Algiers
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicole-boyd.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Nicole_Boyd »

This seems like it would be a great book to read to my kiddos when they get old enough. I like children’s books that are entertaining and educational and it sounds like the lessons in this good are great. I was intrigued by the sample and look forward to reading it to my son. Congrats on BOTD! 😊
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

Mr. Withers personifies greed in this children's story. I hope Tom and his father, Pappy, are able to repossess their farm and salt mine. Thanks for the nice review.
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

I'm a teacher, and one of my favourite aspects of being in this club is discovering new, awesome reads for my two to six grade pupils. Now I know who to present this one to. Asides from that, I've always enjoyed children's stories, magical ones at that, so I look forward to exploring this. Thanks for sharing.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Bann14
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Bann14 »

I really enjoyed Treasure of the Magical Mind Moppets. I loved that they showed Tom as a hard working man that wants to provide for his family and genuinely help provide for his town, as well. It does touch on how Tom’s father Pappy was always telling Tom he was too busy to play and the book shows that Tom has those same issues with Jimmy. He tries to be a good father but work is a priority for him. The beginning of the book have fantastic imagery and was very descriptive but the last half fell through on allowing you to picture it in your head. There were a few things that did not completely match up. The first thing is in the beginning Tom saw that something had his attention and he was talking to a bug but none of that came into play in the book. In that very same part they discussed how he was holding a kite but it never mentioned it previously and is not in the picture. The third thing was the second picture where is seems Tom is the guy wearing the cowboy hat and while he’s in the office he stated if he was wearing a hat he would have been holding it in his hands. Overall, I really enjoyed the book and believe it is a refreshing idea for a kids book.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

I love magical stories for children. Even if you doesn't have any children to read such books to, they can really help you to feel young and hopeful again. I think the lessons about being nice to others are especially important right now; heaven knows many adults aren't emulating that ideal in today's world. Thank you for the helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”