Official Review: Treasure of the magical mine moppets

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
katinabuchanan5
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 11

Re: Official Review: Treasure of the magical mine moppets

Post by katinabuchanan5 »

First and foremost, illuminating children's minds and building their visual sensitivity with a fore story of the wonders behind the fields of corn is an excellent figment. KJ Blocker used Treasure of the magical mine moppet to show that reading is fun, enduring, as well as an emblem of culture and family especially on a farm. There is a life and working process that brings hopes, suspense, and dreams. Great for children and teaching English as a second language. Vivid and outspoken.
ShailaSheshadri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shailasheshadri.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by ShailaSheshadri »

This book being a children's book, I am not the target audience. But still, such books are my favorite. They are fun to read. Sad the book contains fewer illustrations. It would have been better if the book had more pictures to illustrate. Congrats to the author on BOTD!
KRay93
Currently Reading: The Bourne Identity
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kray93.html
Latest Review: Non-Disclosure by George Dapra

Post by KRay93 »

Thank you for the review. This book seems to resemble classic works such as The Wizard of Oz, Alice in Wonderland, or Charlotte's Web, although this type of literature has never caught my attention particularly. Anyway, it seems it transmits appropriately valuable lessons for children.
king beloved
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30

Post by king beloved »

This book should be for the young ones or the young at heart it teaches a lot of value like honesty,importance of family it should overall be an interesting experience.
HerDarkerSide
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by HerDarkerSide »

This review was accurate, in my opinion. I completely agree with it, especially with the parts about the photos. Thanks for the review!
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

A YA charming story that revolves around a magical world. I like a book where children can learn life lessons from, in this case - honesty! This is a good book. Too bad there are challenges with the illustrations.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
nelson_precious

Post by nelson_precious »

This book by K J Blocker though out of my age range would prove most enlightening to kids on many life lessons.
Kimberly Grow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimberly-grow.html
Latest Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Post by Kimberly Grow »

I don't even know where to start with this book. First, the cover is gorgeous. I couldn't wait to dive into the sample just to see where all of the glitter and gold came from. I love the illustrations in the sample, yet I agree with the reviewer and I wish there were more of them. They add so much personality to the novel. This is a book that I will gladly share with my grandchildren and thankfully, I was lucky enough to win a copy. Thank you for the magnificent review. It was fun to read and quite magical in itself.
"If you don't see the book you want on the shelf, write it." -Beverly Cleary :techie-studyingbrown:
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

The story deals with family issues and pulling together for a common cause to save both the salt mine with the Mine Moppets and the Ubercorn from the greedy banker, Mr. Withers. This book has both elements of real-life issues, as well as some make-believe characters and inventions. The beginning of the book set up the plot quite well.
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

The book cover is very colorful you immediately know it is for children. The plot is cool and very interesting and the theme of love of family and friendship is good for kids. Congrats!
Mbrooks2518
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbrooks2518.html
Latest Review: The Portal by Russell Cederberg

Post by Mbrooks2518 »

As a fantasy fan, I was interested as soon as I rad the title. With the great lessons included in the book, I'll definitely give it a read. Great review!
MatisseVH
Currently Reading: Black Death at the Golden Gate
Bookshelf Size: 1515
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-matissevh.html
Latest Review: Misreading Judas by Robert Wahler
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MatisseVH »

This seems like a great adventure kids book! There can never be a shortage with that genre.
Justice of peace

Post by Justice of peace »

This book is suitable for elementary school students and it contains valuable lessons.
starshipsaga
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 2024
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starshipsaga.html
Latest Review: Secrets of the Dead by Murray Bailey

Post by starshipsaga »

This sounds so cute! And in my opinion, the best children’s stories also have good lessons in addition to a fun plot. I have elementary school aged children for whom this book would be perfect, so I will definitely sample and consider. Thanks for the informative and enthusiastic review!
pixiestyx
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pixiestyx.html
Latest Review: The Blue Sea Monster by Norma Fleagane, James Fleagane, Blake James Ward
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by pixiestyx »

This sounds like a fun, sweet read that will teach kids that life may not always be sunshine and rainbows, but even when disappointments happen, they can persevere with the help of love, family, and friendship. Great review!

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”