Favorite Young Adult Books

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
spellbindingstories
Currently Reading: Across the Universe (Across the Universe #1)
Bookshelf Size: 22

Re: Favorite Young Adult Books

Post by spellbindingstories »

I could go on for days about my favorite YA series, but if I had to choose a few:
  • The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
  • The Mediator by Meg Cabot
  • A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
  • Arc of a Scythe by Neal Shusterman
  • The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
  • The Illuminae Files by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

The Wolves of Mercy Falls is a big one for me too! I very rarely reread books, but this trilogy is one I've read multiple times. Did you get a chance to read Sinner? It's a stand alone that takes place after the trilogy and is just as good. The Mortal Instruments is up there as well for me. I fell in love with Jace...I have not read Infernal Devices yet, though I own them. And I did read Lady Midnight, but was told to hold off on reading Lord of Shadows until Queen of Air and Darkness came out. A few more favorite young adult books of mine are the Blue is for Nightmares Quartet by Laurie Faria Stolarz and The Sweep Series by Cate Tiernan.
Mariette15
Favorite Author: Patrick Ness
Currently Reading: The Knife of Never Letting Go
Bookshelf Size: 37
fav_author_id: 3220

Post by Mariette15 »

harry potter, percy jackson (literally anything by rick riordan), school for good and evil, anything by patrick ness, and a darker shade of magic.
Turn Every Page
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Turn Every Page »

I totally agree that Harry Potter is a great book but there are so many more romantic ya book missing from this thread. Fault in our stars, to all the boys I’ve loved before, they both die at the end???
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

Turn Every Page wrote: 22 Jan 2019, 14:25 I totally agree that Harry Potter is a great book but there are so many more romantic ya book missing from this thread. Fault in our stars, to all the boys I’ve loved before, they both die at the end???
The Fault in our Stars was a great book! It's one of the few I read in a single day. I quite literally carried it around the house everywhere with me till it was finished. And it is one of the few that made me cry. I'll have to look into To All the Boys I've Loved Before.
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
elderwand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 565

Post by elderwand »

Definitely the Harry Potter series
livfar24
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by livfar24 »

I've gotta say that more modern YA books are my type these days! My current favorite YA book trilogy is the Perfect Chemistry trilogy by Simone Elkes! It not only shows the troubles inside od a gang but the struggles amongst races. :techie-studyinggray:
Seeking_Adventure
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seeking-adventure.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Seeking_Adventure »

rubinelli wrote: 04 Jan 2019, 14:03 The Ranger's Apprentice by John Flanagan, The Selection by Keira Cass, Warrior Cats by Erin Hunter, Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan.
Not often I come across another Warrior Cats fan! It's so underrated. I think because it comes off as a children's book rather than YA (it is from the point of view of cats), but it definitely contains some darker themes and is not like your typical YA fantasy.
Latest favourite YA is The Cruel Prince by Holly Black. Cassandra Clare fans will love it.
Babyshamu98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-babyshamu98.html
Latest Review: Blood Red Moon by Lee Roberts

Post by Babyshamu98 »

Some of my favorite Young Adult books include,
  • The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
  • The Throne of Glass series
  • The various Percy Jackson Series
However, I'm always on the lookout for new ones.
sush_destiny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sush-destiny.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by sush_destiny »

I am a big fan of Harry Potter. I also enjoyed Percy Jackson series and Inkheart.
Amyra27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amyra27.html
Latest Review: Triplicity by J Mercer

Post by Amyra27 »

To all the boys I've loved before by Jenny Han
Selection by Kiera Cass
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Harry Potter by J K Rowling
All the bright places by Jennifer Niven
Paper towns by John Green
Latest Review: Triplicity by J Mercer
evebancroftt

Post by evebancroftt »

We were liars by e lockhart, Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas is always a winner, They both die at the end and History is all you left me by Adam Sivera and The mortal instruments by Cassandra Clare
A_simple_Hamster
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44

Post by A_simple_Hamster »

Harry Potter is going to have a place in my heart (and my mind as well) for the rest of my life. However I took great pleasure in reading also the Crongton Knights series by Alex Wheatle, which is not a fantasy, by the way (the title can be misleading). I'm carving for the next book! :techie-hourglass: :reading-7: :techie-studyingbrown:
Himani46
Currently Reading:

Post by Himani46 »

Ignite,my love.IGNITE-Aaron Warner
My favourite series is easily SHATTER ME.The fifth book is about to come out in a few days and I can't be more excited.shatter has the most enjoyable characters. My favourite character has to be warner, he is misunderstood stunning character who changes from the antogonist to the lower of the main character,Juliette.
"Twice I've laid myself bare to you and all I got is a bullet wound and a broken heart"-Warner
abbiejoice
Currently Reading: Me Before You
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbiejoice.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by abbiejoice »

I recommend BLOOD OF ANGELS (Elioud Chronicles Book 1). This is the first in the series and is very fresh but also very promising! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R6QKMNY

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”