Featured Official Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sumbule1
Currently Reading: The Five Musketeers
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumbule1.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Re: Featured Official Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland

Post by Sumbule1 »

You make this book sound absolutely gripping. I like a good audiobook for long trips. That's about the only time that I will listen to one. This one may be something I should put on my list for our next trip. Thanks so much for the lovely review!
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

I love themes involving parallel universes. Hopefully Will is able to find Emmy. That the worlds and characters are so well developed is a great testament to the author's writing. This book definitely has my interest. Thanks for a lovely review.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1887
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid' serves as a good background for the unique story of the book. It well points out towards the negative points of the story. The comparison of the read to the Harry Potter Collection makes it all the more desirable!
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

Stories about parallel worlds always appeal me. It just sounds enchanting. The inclusion of how one world can be affected by what happens to the other one highlights the story even more. This is a keeper. Thanks!
wolfiish
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by wolfiish »

This sounds like a fairly interesting book. I like the idea of the mirror world and the Ecos. I think I'm going to have to get this book for myself.
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

This sounds tantalizing! I never tire of reading young adult tales, and the concept of mirrored images, reflections, coming alive in a parallel universe, is just too much to pass up! I'm latching on to this one real quick, thanks for sharing.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
read+er
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-read-er.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by read+er »

This book sounds intriguing. I am a fan of fantasy books so this is right up my alley. I like the way the reviewer described the book.
Shas F
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shas-f.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Shas F »

The Crytilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid opens a new fantasy world that parallels the human world today. This world of translucent beings is beautiful but bears a dark secret. Every human being is a Sound that has an Echo in this parallel underground world. When a Sound (human) dies, his or her Echo is executed in the parallel world. Evil forces in the parallel world exploit this by venturing into the human world and executing Sounds, so their enemies, the Sounds' Echoes will be executed.
Pellucid's tale offers an original, unique plot line and she creates a new world for fantasy adventure fans. Although parallel worlds or multi-verse is an established sub-genre in fantasy and science fiction, this book is refreshing to me. Crytilleries reflects the anguish families seeking justice and closure feel for lost loved-ones. For young readers, it can be the book about grief and settling unfinished business from the past.
I am not surprised to learn from Christina Rose's review that there are gruesome scenes of murder and destruction in the book. The Amazon summary sounds ominous enough. I'm glad to learn, though, that Pellucid's story is indeed unique and imaginative. The plot twists, says the reviewer, are indeed exciting and terrifying. I'm looking forward to reading this book!
Last edited by Shas F on 07 Feb 2019, 00:37, edited 1 time in total.
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12473
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid is a #YoungAdult #Fantasy book that weaves a wonderful tale about the existence of the parallel world - the realms of the sound and the echo. It follows the unsolved disappearance of children including the two-year-old twin (Will and Emmy Cleary). Kudos to Dew Pellucid's "The Crystilleries of Echoland" for winning seven awards and being #BOTD!

I admire Harry Potter collections, so I will read the entire story of this book. Thanks for the review.

#ComingOfAge #Action #FreeBook
Last edited by Dolor on 07 Feb 2019, 00:53, edited 2 times in total.
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

This sounds like a good fantasy novel! I like parallel worlds, to be honest, and this one intrigued me, having a parallel world with mirrored images of our lives. Will seems to be a likable character, and glad that you mentioned that the characters are well-developed. Also interested in the author's writing style. Thanks for this detailed review! I am not keen on audiobooks though.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
Susmita Biswas
Currently Reading: Fuzzy Bunny Slippers
Bookshelf Size: 595
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susmita-biswas.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Susmita Biswas »

I'm super excited to read it. The imagination is brilliant. The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid is really a wonderful book. The idea of a parallel universe attracted me so much.
Susmita Roy :techie-studyinggray:
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

The reviewer has brought out the strengths of this book nicely. It will be enjoyed by fantasy book fans as it talks of parallel worlds. I hope Will Cleary discovers the whereabouts of his younger twin sister who got lost when they were only two. Thanks for the nice review.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The book sounds intriguing, though I am not a fan of fantasies. But I hope, readers would like it. Great review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Louise88251
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Louise88251 »

This review provides an intriguing description of the book and a positive review of the narrator. I am looking forward to finding out more about the role of the wolf and falcon in the narrative.
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Post by DorcasToo »

Am really looking forward to reading this audiobook it's been long since I read one. I would have passed but am sure that wolf plays a big role in this story so am sticking around. The book is free on Amazon Kindle so thanks to the author for this. Thanks for the great review.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”