Featured Official Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sen_Suzumiya
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 10
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 56
Currently Reading: Dark Places
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sen-suzumiya.html
Latest Review: The Daughter of Tommy the Killer by Larry Tinsley

Re: Featured Official Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland

Post by Sen_Suzumiya » 07 Feb 2019, 04:33

This looks like a really interesting book.It reminds me of a game I played on the PlayStation named "Ni no Kuni", which I loved. Even if I'm not a teen I would love to read this book.
“All the secrets of the world are contained in books. Read at your own risk.”
― Lemony Snicket

T_stone
2019 Reading Goal: 70
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 22
2018 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: A View from the Inside: on the Frontline of Afroamerican liberation by Reginald Brown
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone » 07 Feb 2019, 04:38

I gave an audiobook at once and I must say, i totally enjoyed it. I'm currently reading one as well. However, this book is available traditionally on Amazon for those who don't like to read an audiobook. I just downloaded this one and I hope I enjoy it. Thanks for the detailed and interesting review.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White

Jahnavi Reddi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jahnavi Reddi » 07 Feb 2019, 05:03

I've always wanted to read a book on parallel universe, and I think this will be a great read. Thank you for an excellent review. Will try to read the book soon!

Marindy
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Marindy » 07 Feb 2019, 05:04

As the narration of the book sounds interesting, the parallel worlds must be fascinating. The review has caught my attention I can wait to read the book.

_Biri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-biri.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by _Biri » 07 Feb 2019, 06:15

I love your review. The idea of parallel worlds seems exciting, and I have never read an audiobook so I look forward to this being my first.

Florence Nalianya
2019 Reading Goal: 15
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 80
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-nalianya.html
Latest Review: The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer by Julie Penshorn

Post by Florence Nalianya » 16 Jul 2019, 14:37

Christina Rose wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 04:09
[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Imagine the existence of a parallel world, a world in which our mirrored images live. These mirrored images, these reflections, call themselves echoes, and we are their sounds. These translucent beings, these echoes, are alive within their realm only as long as their respective sounds live on in ours. So, if someone wants an echo gone, he need only go after the unsuspecting sound.

At the age of two, twin siblings Will and Emmy Cleary go missing. Their story can be found in what is known as the “Gravestone Book”. The “Gravestone Book” is also home to the great many unsolved disappearances that came before the twins' own. What makes the story of the Cleary children different, is that Will returns home, brought to safety by his trusty wolf and falcon. His parents never stop looking for his sister, and at the age of twelve, Will decides it is time for him to search as well.

The Crystilleries Of Echoland is a gripping coming-of-age novel written by Dew Pellucid, and I have the pleasure of reviewing the audible version of this award-winning teen fantasy. To be perfectly honest, I am not the biggest fan of audiobooks. However, the premise behind this novel is so intriguing that I could just not pass it up.

I have always found the idea of parallel worlds to be a fascinating one, and the author’s take is truly unique. Dew Pellucid has created a wondrous world of shimmering beauty and dark secrets that Will Cleary is only just learning about. There is danger around every corner, unforgettable characters, and constant tests of loyalties and friendships. The author has such imagination, and you can truly feel the emotions the characters feel, and see the incredible and sometimes terrifying scenes in which they encounter.

The Crystilleries Of Echoland is fast-paced and full of action. B.J. Harrison does a wonderful job with the narration. He manages to capture the unique personalities and voices of the various characters. His tone expresses the many different emotions flawlessly. He is not just reading this book aloud; he is truly telling a story.

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this young fantasy tale, and I gladly give the rating of 4 out of 4 stars. Although geared towards those of middle-school age, this book does have some pretty graphic action scenes throughout. If such scenes are bothersome, waiting to read the novel is best, or perhaps even skipping it. However, for those better able to handle the sometimes gruesome scenes of many fantasy novels, this book is a great choice. I think it will be most appreciated by fans of books similar to those within the Harry Potter collection.

The Crystilleries of Echoland
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Christina Rose's review? Post a comment saying so!
Very interesting review you have done. Can't image how you manage to do audios and come up with such a good piece. Thank you.

KDJ
2019 Reading Goal: 160
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 20
Favorite Book: Elenor
Currently Reading: Masterminders
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdj.html
Latest Review: The Neigbour At Number 18 (Reload) by Hawa Crickmore

Post by KDJ » 01 Aug 2019, 19:53

I recently finished the audible version. I really enjoyed it and it left me with a few questions, that could be answered in a sequel. LOL. The parallel universe that you can travel to is interesting. Overall, I think your review is great and spot on. :D :D :D
He that loves reading has everything within his reach. —William Godwin

Wanja Hannah
2019 Reading Goal: 150
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 6
Currently Reading: From Liberty to Magnolia: In Search of the American Dream
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wanja-hannah.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Wanja Hannah » 09 Aug 2019, 04:57

The review is well written and would make anyone who is curious to know about parallel world's to go for it. I like the idea of having it as an audio book too since I like listening to such especially during long trips in a train.
Wanja Kenya

Gracedscribe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gracedscribe.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Gracedscribe » 10 Aug 2019, 15:29

Isn't it true that books just open worlds up for us?! You have people who have gone through looking glasses, called horrors out of mirrors, been trapped by their own reflections, and yet, here is something so brilliant coming out of this mind! Human thought truly can reach the ceiling and break through it! I am quite enthused about reading this book! And congratulations on a nice review!!

vermontelf
Currently Reading: The Last House Guest
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermontelf.html
Latest Review: Something in the Mirror by Doug Hall

Post by vermontelf » 16 Aug 2019, 13:49

I have read an enjoyed this book, and I think your review is well written. I agree that the premise is strong and the characters are interesting. I think that the reason the book is such a quick read is the lack of depth? My review was a bit lower as I wanted more description of the character, settings, and background. As this books sets up nicely for a sequel, would you be content with it being similarly written or would you prefer more depth?

Leah39
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leah39.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Leah39 » 01 Sep 2019, 07:37

Thank you for your well thought out review. I recently had the opportunity to read (well listen to the Audible version of) this book and found it surprisingly enjoyable. There was a lot of action, and the plot was interesting and kept me on the edge of my seat wondering what would happen next.

I like how it wasn't predictable and focused on using brains over brawn, and the importance of working as part of a team. I don't read much young adult literature, since I don't find it very interesting, but I haven't been as into a YA book since Harry Potter. And while the plot and characters were so very different, I could help but compare the Fate Sealers to dementors in their ability to intimidate the characters, and the way the holiday decorations were described. This was such as immensely enjoyable story and I'm glad I was open-minded enough to give it a chance.

Ferdinand_otieno
2019 Reading Goal: 300
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 76
2018 Reading Goal: 250
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 140
2017 Reading Goal: 200
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 94
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading: Amethyst of Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 830
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Peoushi: An American Legend by Michael F. McWilliams
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_otieno » 01 Sep 2019, 07:47

This is an adventure Young Adult fantasy novel full of action and is currently the OBC Book of the Month. The book is free on Kindle Unlimited and has an inciteful OnlineBookClub review that highlighted the best of the book.I rated the book 4 out of 4 stars. Congrats on the BOTD.

Nendu87
Currently Reading: Days of the Giants
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nendu87.html
Latest Review: The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles

Post by Nendu87 » 01 Sep 2019, 08:14

I am not the biggest fan of fantasy novels, but young adult books never fail to impress me. I like that the characters are human and there is only the parallel world "to adjust to".

Hester3
2019 Reading Goal: 12
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 483
Currently Reading: Conflict on the Yangtze
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hester3.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Hester3 » 01 Sep 2019, 08:26

Thanks for the review, I will see if I can find a hard copy of the book. It sounds very interesting and I loved the sample.

Janalyn101
2019 Reading Goal: 90
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 196
Favorite Book: Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
Currently Reading: East Wind, 2nd edition
Bookshelf Size: 411
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janalyn101.html
Latest Review: A Second, Less Capable Head by James Hanna

Post by Janalyn101 » 01 Sep 2019, 08:29

This book does sound intriguing. I do like young adult books and alternative universe books so I will definitely be finishing this one. Thanks for the great review and the warning about the violent things.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”