Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon.

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Meghna_Devasper
Bookshelf Size: 0

Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon.

Post by Meghna_Devasper »

Genre : Young Adult Fiction

Madeleine 'Maddy' Whittier hasn't left her house. Not once in 17 years. She suffered from SCID. She didn't have long if she left the house to smell the fresh air of the nature, or the chirping of birds, or even go to a normal school in town.

But then, Oliver 'Olly' Bright happened. She couldn't help but fall for his quirkiness. Everything about him was perfect, just like she had imagined.

Maddy wanted to leave the house and explore the world, hear the sound of the waves at a beach, be treated like everyone else. Madeleine wasn't a normal teenager.

But was she really dying?

A captivating story of love and betrayal, Everything Everything is carefully written plot with twists and turns that are sure to surprise you. Nicola Yoon, an upcoming writer, has certainly surprised us with her first book.

It could have had better descriptions, language and a clearer ending. But it's an impressive start for a budding author.

A must read for anyone who loves adorable love stories.This book won't disappoint you.

Suitable for readers above 13 years of age
Tamorie Hargro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Billy Summers
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamorie-hargro.html
Latest Review: Teardrops by Helen Burger
Reading Device: B083JVJQH4

Post by Tamorie Hargro »

I'm that (guilty) person who watches the movie before reading the book. The movie was really nice, I enjoyed it all the way through, as far as I can remember, and it was great for a 13 hr plane ride!

I bought the book before even going on my trip, but for some reason, I can't bring myself to read it... I think I'm cautious to likely end up comparing the book to the movie (which ruins the thrill of a good book/movie).
J.K. Rowling - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban wrote:Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. 🔥
Meghna_Devasper
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Meghna_Devasper »

You will find the book better :) Unless you prefer visuals over words. But it's a well written book, with a few too many illustrations.

Give it a shot. You won't be disappointed.
Tamorie Hargro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Billy Summers
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamorie-hargro.html
Latest Review: Teardrops by Helen Burger
Reading Device: B083JVJQH4

Post by Tamorie Hargro »

Meghna_Devasper wrote: 07 Jul 2018, 13:08 But it's a well written book, with a few too many illustrations.
Haha so you're not a fan of illustrations in novels?

And I think I will! Maybe I'll start reading it next weekend. I mean, it's just collecting "dust" on my Nook as it is. I'm not gonna lie, I really do enjoy visuals, but a well-written book is no less entertaining :)
J.K. Rowling - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban wrote:Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. 🔥
Fu Zaila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1067
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzaila.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Fu Zaila »

I was quite disappointed with the book and I've heard the movie is worse. Great review anyhow :)
"Create your own identity. Let it be unique for yourself yet identifiable for others." :tiphat:
RoxieReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxiereads.html
Latest Review: Code Name Lily by Julien Ayotte

Post by RoxieReads »

I didn't like the book very much. I have a problem with insta-love, among many other things in this book. An aspect that I enjoyed, however, were the clips from other people's lives.
~Roxie~
_l_e_x_y_22
Currently Reading: Drums of Autumn
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-l-e-x-y-22.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by _l_e_x_y_22 »

I love this book, the movie was great too. In my opinion the illustration added to the overall experience of it and added to the intense story. I read it a while ago and I definitely recommend as well.
Syeda Shadan
Currently Reading: James Street
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-syeda-shadan.html
Latest Review: Brutal Valour: The Tragedy of Isandlwana by James Mace

Post by Syeda Shadan »

The thing I enjoyed most in this book is the way the author slowly uncovered the doings of Maddies' mother. It somehow seemed like Mother Gothel of Rapunzel. And it was a shock also. Good book! :o
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

I saw the movie recently and it was such a cute adaptation. I have not read the book yet so its going to my TBR bundle.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”