Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
RoxieReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxiereads.html
Latest Review: Code Name Lily by Julien Ayotte

Re: Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince

Post by RoxieReads »

nikkyteewhy wrote: 09 May 2018, 03:26 I was so sad about the events that happened in this book.
I know, it left me feeling so depressed.
~Roxie~
nikhilkrishna2003
Favorite Author: Dan Brown
Currently Reading: 281 and beyond
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikhilkrishna2003.html
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi
fav_author_id: 2452

Post by nikhilkrishna2003 »

The book in which Harry turns from a moody and egoistic(a bit) adolescent to a responsible man is worth every penny you spend for it.
Believe me when I say that you can't put this book down till the very end.
Will Draco's desire to prove himself and Voldemort's vision of killing someone work out or will Dumbledore's mission to destroy someone(you know who) and Harry's will to avenge everyone he lost outwork them?Or is it Snape who is going to be the MVP?
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi
HanElizabeth397
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanelizabeth397.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by HanElizabeth397 »

This is easily one of my favourite books in the series. Harry has grown up a lot but they're still at Hogwarts (the best place on earth)
Julie-p
Currently Reading: Demian
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-p.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by Julie-p »

The Half-blood Prince is one of my favorite books of the series. It had such an interesting mystery, and I was really curious to discover who the half-blood prince was. I hated how the movies didn't focused on it.
Artemis_90
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-artemis-90.html
Latest Review: A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen

Post by Artemis_90 »

The Harry Potter Series will always be near and dear to my heart and the Half-Blood Prince is definitely one of the darker books of the series, seeing that it deals with so many themes of loss and betrayal. I feel like J.K. Rowling created so many realistic characters and places that you get so invested and you're so upset when a character is killed off that its almost a personal blow. That's how I felt when I read the Prisoner of Azkaban and (spoiler alert!) Sirius dies. Its heart-wrenching.
rebeccawiseman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebeccawiseman.html
Latest Review: Homecoming: The Unari Experiment Book 1 by Brian L. Harad

Post by rebeccawiseman »

I agree this is where the series starts to go dark. One of the Harry Potter podcast I listen to mentioned that the more you read the series the darker it gets and he explained how it is kind of like our childhood. We start innocent and as we grow older we lose that innocence to see a darker world.
Namaste23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namaste23.html
Latest Review: Did you know by Ashok Bhaskaran

Post by Namaste23 »

I haven't read this book, but have read other Harry Potter books. I think I would enjoy more darkness, so it sound like a great read!
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

The half bood prince was the least favorite of mine from the whole series. It went really boring at points.
MorganKnightOfficial
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morganknightofficial.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by MorganKnightOfficial »

This book was honestly my least favorite of the entire series, but I still rate it five stars! A series is truly amazing when the worst book is still perfect!
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

Its a bit controversial but it is the least favorite book of the series for me. Even the movie was not that good.
Carolyn1854
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carolyn1854.html
Latest Review: Underdog Thinking by Atul Vir

Post by Carolyn1854 »

This one is absolutely the best one of the entire series. It's got everything from cute romance to dark secrets.
VISHWA129
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vishwa129.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by VISHWA129 »

This book is my favorite in the Harry Potter series! I think I love it the most because, even though the darker aspects of the world are building up for the conclusion book and the greatest conflicts to come, we also get to see the teenagers of the series be actual teenagers. There's an air of lighthearted angst and struggle, and the slowly uncovering mystery of Tom Riddle is enjoyable to the point of being fun, which was such a great way to balance out the upcoming threat of Voldemort with the gentle reminder that these characters are still 16 and 17 years old.
monserrat_21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monserrat-21.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by monserrat_21 »

This is my favorite book from the series. I've read it so many times now and I have yet to change my mind. The first time I read it I was fascinated with Tom Riddle's backstory and I was very glad we got to read about it. It gives the villain more depth, in my opinion. I also remember thinking it was darker than the others, with Harry dealing with grief and pain from the start of the book to the very end. It definitely set the tone for the final book where we also see so much loss and pain. I liked the other characters' stories too- Ron joining the Quidditch Team and meeting Lavender, Draco dealing with the pressure from his family, it was all very interesting and entertaining.
“That’s the thing about books. They let you travel without moving your feet.”

Jhumpa Lahiri
Siriusly_blank
Currently Reading: The Dark Web Murders
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-siriusly-blank.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Siriusly_blank »

One of jk's magical creations - The Half Blood Prince is nothing less than a gem.
The well woven storyline,strong characters, dynamic twists,horcrux hunt and many more features make this book my lifeline . In this volume,Harry Potter finds a book which is "the property of a " mysterious "Half Blood Prince" . The story takes Harry and his friends on another incredible adventure. The best thing about the book is the element of complete suspense. J.K. does not reveal the identity of the HBP "until the end". In this book , Harry and Dumbledore develop a special bond , Dumbledore sends Harry on a mission, which he has to complete to save the wizarding world from falling into the hands of the dark forces. The book helps in development of both Ron & Hermione's and Harry & Ginny's love plot. The book is darker that it's predecessors , the theme of death , betrayal ,murder , hatred and fear intensifies. The book ends with the tragic death of Dumbledore at the hands of his trusted friend , Snape. The book portrays Malfoy to be an innocent child , being dragged into the war to save his family's reputation , this adds another layer to his character. The book is amazing and mystifies the series further. The book is perfect in all sense for all potterheads. I LOVE IT.
EmmaZ
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmaz.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by EmmaZ »

The Half Blood Prince, to me, is the book where everything gets darker, a lot darker. One of my favourite books ever, (obviously, it's Harry Potter), and as always, I'll never have anything to say against this amazing world that J. K. Rowling has created.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”