Harry Potter And The Order Of Pheonix

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
WillowStarSerenity
Currently Reading: Loved
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willowstarserenity.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Harry Potter And The Order Of Pheonix

Post by WillowStarSerenity »

Harry Potter has managed to survive Voldermort again, but now he must deal with the fact that Voldermort has returned and nobody is willing to accept it. Not only are they not willing to accept it, but there are many people going out of their way to prove that he's crazy. They are trying to destroy Dumbledore as well. With all the new changes to the school, Harry, for the first time ever, experiences a time he dreads going to Hogwarts.

I really enjoyed this book. This is my second time reading it. I listened to the last half because I'll be starting book six with a group on Monday. I loved the book. Can't say I really cared for the narrator though. I have a friend who says this narrator is the only one he has the patience to listen to. She normally doesn't listen to audiobooks.

The story development was very well in this book. The flow was great. The emotional impact and suspense was great as well. There are parts I wish were played out a little more, but that's just me being nit picky and wanting things to drag out. It has nothing to really do with the story itself as much as it has to do with me never wanting to let a story go.

I've adored the characters in this story all the way through the series. This is the book where I meet one of my favorite characters of all times though. I am, of course, referring to Luna Lovegood. There's just something about her that's amazing and beautiful. She Is truly a modern day hippie that's for sure.

I give this book a full five star rating. I'll have to give the narration a three out of five though. I just couldn't get into it. He's not a bad narrator. It just wasn't very good to me. I am sure there are many other people that liked his narration, but to me it just took away from the story.
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

also loved Order of the Phoenix but i think you'd love the Half-Blood prince even more. :)) Will wait for your thoughts on the sixth book! Enjoy reading!
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix for me was good and bad. Good because the story was excellent, nice plot, great character developments but bad because that was the beginning of the end of the series. :( :cry:
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Post by Mely918 »

Order of the Phoenix was my favorite book from the Harry Potter series. It was the most well-written and developed book of the series.
Vscholz
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vscholz.html
Latest Review: Primrose’s Curse by Kiara Shankar, Vinay Shankar
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Vscholz »

HP and the Order of the Phoenix has a very special place in my heart. I spent a semester reading it and watching it over and over so that I could write a paper over it. As far as educators go, this book is a prime example of the banking system of education and the harm that it does. Umbridge is the ULTIMATE evil!
As for you & your heart & the things you said & didn't say, she will remember them all when men are fairy tales in books written by rabbits. (Schmendrick the Magician)
jesscat304
Favorite Book: The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A f*ck
Currently Reading: It Ends with Us
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesscat304.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by jesscat304 »

I loved the Order of the Phoneix, particularly the end with all the different rooms in the department. I have to admit I was surprised to find that I liked the Half Blood Prince more.
sush_destiny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sush-destiny.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by sush_destiny »

This is my second favorite Harry Potter book, right after Deathly Hallows. I loved the DA and how Harry took the initiative. I truly felt for him when he fell in Voldemort's trap and I cried when Sirius died. But, overall, a very critical book in the series.
Crazyreader01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crazyreader01.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Crazyreader01 »

nikkyteewhy wrote: 12 May 2018, 13:39 Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix for me was good and bad. Good because the story was excellent, nice plot, great character developments but bad because that was the beginning of the end of the series. :( :cry:
I completely and utterly agree with you. Saddest realisation when you find the perfect series. :gaah:
A_simple_Hamster
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44

Post by A_simple_Hamster »

For a while this had been my favorite book in the Harry Potter serie, I still find it surprisingly rich of details and I like to re-read some chapters now and then. Anyway at the moment I prefer The Goblet of Fire, mostly due to a looming sense of nostalgia and the desperate need of a new coherent Harry Potter book...
HanElizabeth397
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanelizabeth397.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by HanElizabeth397 »

nikkyteewhy wrote: 12 May 2018, 13:39 Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix for me was good and bad. Good because the story was excellent, nice plot, great character developments but bad because that was the beginning of the end of the series. :( :cry:
It did really feel like a shift from the more childlike first few books into something much darker! But I loved this book
VSuraj
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vsuraj.html
Latest Review: Justice by Scott Hughes

Post by VSuraj »

This one was very good , and I particularly liked the action scenes. The darker tone was truly felt and it worked well. I would say that it's a bit too long, but the pacing is maintained throughout.
I remember reading somewhere that Rowling herself thought the book was too long, and If she had a chance to write it over, she would make it shorter.
Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic - J.K. Rowling
Julie-p
Currently Reading: Demian
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-p.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by Julie-p »

I loved Order of the Pheonix. This book was when things became more mature and darker. The plot is amazing and it brings us the worst villain in the entire series, Dolores Umbridge.
But I'd still say my favorite book of the series is Deathly Hallows.
MorganKnightOfficial
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morganknightofficial.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by MorganKnightOfficial »

My favorite book in this series! Definitely contains one of the most gut-wrenching scenes in novel history... makes me sob dramatically every single time!
Sejalds
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sejalds »

First four books of this series are mainly focused on Harry's school life. Cedric's death in Harry Potter and the goblet of fire flashes on the dark side of story. In order of Phoenix, we get to know the magical world outside of Hogwarts. and the story don't belong for just childrens anymore.
Death of Sirius black is the saddest part of the book. Because personally Sirius is my favorite character. In this part we get to know more about Harry's parents.
For all I care
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-for-all-i-care.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by For all I care »

Harry has gone through a lot in the previous books and his crushing point came after witnessing Cedric's death. He suffered from trauma and it was really nice seeing his friends trying to reason with him whilst at the same time calling out his actions.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”