Official Review: Out of Darkness by M A Richards

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zenalei7.html
Latest Review: Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool by Joan J. Harris

Re: Official Review: Out of Darkness by M A Richards

Post by Azeline Arcenal »

I usually like to read YA paranormal novels so this book seems like a good one for me. I also like how the interactions between the characters pulled you into the story. Great job on the review!
“The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.” - W. Somerset Maugham
Reader69
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Reader69 »

I've only just started the book, but really enjoying it. I agree that the pacing is a little fast and would benefit from more descriptive additions. I'm looking forward to the rest of this book.
aajumbo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aajumbo.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by aajumbo »

Brian faces discrimination because of the allergic reaction his body had when he was bit by a dog.the story is filled with both laughter sympathy.surely it is a good read
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1427
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of the paranormal genre, but your review was great! For fans of vampires and werewolves, this sounds like one that will have you turning pages late into the night! With the likeable hero and outstanding character develoment, it's no wonder the ratings are near-perfect. Thank you!
milke
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by milke »

Hm, usually supernatural books, especially ones including werewolves are usually not my cup of tea. Though- I do love a good mystery book! And since you gave it full stars, I'll give it a quick read!
mommynorthrop08
Currently Reading: Beast house
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by mommynorthrop08 »

Very good review. These are one of my favorite type of genres. Like to get lost in other worlds where the odd and paranormal exist. Makes me want to read it immediately #
mratdegraff91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 433
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mratdegraff91.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B018SZT3BK

Post by mratdegraff91 »

This sounds like a great twist on a werewolf novel. Very different than a lot of what is out there right now. I had to quit reading this type of book because so many were alike for a while. Very refreshing to come across this. Great review and thank you for sharing.
Madison Degraffenreid
lindamoffitt02
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 957
Reading Device: B07TMJ1R3X

Post by lindamoffitt02 »

Thanks for sharing your review. Glad to hear it is a good fast paced read, too bad it's a shorter story though. I think I'll enjoy it with the humor included, the spin on the same old paranormal and I am also glad Brian is not a whiny teen.
:techie-reference: Mrs. Linda Moffitt
Ennaia22
Currently Reading: A Book Without Dragons
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ennaia22.html
Latest Review: My Author Is Dead by Michel Bruneau

Post by Ennaia22 »

A thrilling story wherein the main character has a humorous aura, this book knows how to catch the attention of the readers. This is not your typical werewolf story. It involves bullying, a stigma that is hurting a lot of those who have differences among the normal people.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

I like how the novel takes the reader on an emotional roller coaster ride - laughing one minute and empathyzing on the next.
Insomniac07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insomniac07.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Insomniac07 »

I do enjoy paranormal books that don't stick with the tried and tested stories. This one sounds like it's going to unique and interesting. Definitely putting this on my TBR for the year.
alwaysdaddygirl
Currently Reading: The Alienation of Courtney Hoffman
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alwaysdaddygirl.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B01DAJTINW

Post by alwaysdaddygirl »

Kudos with your review! I like horror and I find this cover to hit the nail. I just read a few pages.

I think it awesome the book goals are to address the bullying issues. Bullying need to be stop. It is worse today. I hope this book address cyberbullying as well.

Also, having a twist of supernatural makes it more interesting. I look forward to reading it.
"Death ends a life, not a relationship."
Mitch Albom
🦋
Cutienerdy21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cutienerdy21.html
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor

Post by Cutienerdy21 »

Thanks for the great review! I love fiction especially if there’s a ‘were’ involved. I’m definitely reading this and I want to meet all the interesting characters that you described, especially Brian and his ‘laugh-out-loud’ lines!
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

I love paranormal novels, and I definitely won't let the YA part stop me! It's a shame about the pace, though. I hate when a story goes too quickly or drags on. Thank you for the thorough and honest review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
SilkButtefly34
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by SilkButtefly34 »

Your review makes the book sound like a definite must read. I helps that I love supernatural as well as YA books and yes! ~ I'm a sucker for werewolves. Can't wait to read this. Thank you

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”