Rereading Harry Potter Series

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.

Favorite of the Series

Sorcerer's Stone
13%
Chamber of Secrets
3%
Prisoner of Azkaban
25%
Goblet of Fire
17%
Order of the Phoenix
14%
Half Blood Prince
14%
Deathly Hallows
14%

Total votes: 303

michellebkane
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Rereading Harry Potter Series

Post by michellebkane »

fitkittymama wrote:I'm currently re-reading the series as well and just finished Order of the Phoenix. I don't know that I can pick a favorite book from the series as they are all a cohesive whole in my mind. I try to read the series every couple of years. Harry Potter is actually the first YA series to capture my attention as an adult. :techie-studyinggray:

I have to say Azkaban is my favorite, but I completely agree that the whole series is somehow incomplete without all of the books. I appreciate the mini Quests that Harry embarks upon in each novel, but I see his true Hero's Journey as the whole 7 novels in unison. I am an avid YA fan, but there has not been a book since Potter that has had me so enraptured in the story and that is why I re-reading whenever I find time!
Amanda Zarth
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Amanda Zarth »

My favorite one is definitely 7. I mean, all the emotion and action, with deaths and battles and all the doubts running through the characters minds... It really keeps you hooked in the book and it leaves you anxious to know what's going to happen next.
fsdred
Favorite Author: Rainbow Rowell
Currently Reading: Alice in Wonderland (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland #1)
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fsdred.html
fav_author_id: 2837

Post by fsdred »

This is something I really must do. 8)
I recently went to Harry Potter World in the Florida Universal Studios and somehow fell even more in love with the stories. Since I returned home I am determined to reread all the books as soon as I am finished with my current read!

Verdict: Let's do this!!! :D
Twistedchild89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-twistedchild89.html

Post by Twistedchild89 »

I just got the special edition with the new covers on them and I'm so afraid to read them so not to ruin them but I may give in because I just really love HP and get something different out of them each time I read them! My favorite one is the 3rd book.
Yuna

Post by Yuna »

I finished reading The Order of the Phoenix a little while ago. Not sure when to start the others, but I guess I'll see!
sneakylikafox
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sneakylikafox.html

Post by sneakylikafox »

I have read the Harry Potter series a handful of times now and I am always captured by The Order of The Phoenix. I can't place my finger on any literary aspects of the book that I like over the other books, I think that I simply register the 5th book as the 'beginning of the end' of the Potter series and it makes me suck in every little detail of the book.

P.S. Hands down my favorite book series of all time.
poetrythanki
Currently Reading: A Court of Mist and Fury
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-poetrythanki.html
Latest Review: "Anchor of Hope" by Kiah Stephens

Post by poetrythanki »

Brittster wrote:
mduchene wrote:I re-read the series every year during the holidays, and while I love many of the books, I have a hard time not saying the 7th books is my favorite, because that book is when you truly see the genius of J.K. Rowling's writing and story development. In the final book, you see how she masterfully wove each of the earlier books into a masterful plot to end the story. Too often you have a great first book, but the sequels drag, wander from the storyline, or even just lose the magic, but even through seven books she was able to keep the end vision in mind. Phenomenal writing and the series will be one of my go-to's for years to come!
I must say she did do any excellent job of drawing all the pieces in together and creating one cohesive story. I was also impressed, as you mentioned, that the ability to create so many books in a series without them dragging on and even becoming so redundant, speaks to her amazing abilities as a writer.
I agree!! :tiphat:
Latest Review: "Anchor of Hope" by Kiah Stephens
Bronsone
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bronsone.html

Post by Bronsone »

I've read and reread this series several times. Currently I'm reading Half Blood Prince with my 11 year old son. It is great to see the story from his perspective. One of my favorite ways to read the series is backwards. It is interesting to see the little clues and hints one can pick up. JKR is truly a genius in the way she crafted the series, leaving literary Easter Eggs throughout the books.
annieeb
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annieeb.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Post by annieeb »

It's so hard to decide but I absolutely love Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix. It is my mom's least favorite but I love the ending and I love Hermione Granger in it. I would reread and watch the movie a hundred times if I had the time.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1034
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

What a coincidence! I found this thread today, a day after I finished re-reading (again) the series. I'm planning on watching the movies again today just for fun. I've always loved the Order of the Phoenix. Umbridge and her sick laws, Harry and his rebellious gang, and most of all, lots of magic spells! How I wish I Hogwarts is real.
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Ruptain
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Ruptain »

My favourite is the Half Blood Prince. I love the whole setting of the book. It was a toss up with Prisoner of Azkaban, but HBP won out. I re-read the series once a year (or more), because it was such a huge part of my teen years. I hope that one day my own children will love to read and will fall for the series as well.
Boyko Ovcharov
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Boyko Ovcharov
Favorite Book: The Proximity of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1416
fav_author_id: 33385

Post by Boyko Ovcharov »

I can say the first part was really enjoyable, including the film. However, the more volumes came out, the more watered down the story became, something like a soap opera, no offence, really, just an honest opinion!
kmweaver91

Post by kmweaver91 »

I feel that if ever I need a boost in reading or genuinely feel stuck on a certain book, before I carry on I always tens to resort back to a harry potter book. I am an absolute avid fan alwaysbhave been abd find new aspects within the books each time I read them.
My least favourite is the chamber of secrets, I know many people enhou this one but its my least favourite. As for my most its got to be either azkaban or goblet of fire. Between these I an unable to choose due to the difference between the pair of them
CaseyRay
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caseyray.html

Post by CaseyRay »

So sorry to hear about the bed rest!
I had a hard time choosing a favorite but I think Prisoner of Azkaban is still my favorite.
I try to reread them every year.
They are my favorite book series I even have a Harry Potter tattoo!
Sallari87
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Currently Reading: City of Fallen Angels
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sallari87.html
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by Sallari87 »

I loved the Harry Potter Series. It's Got so much intrigue, Family, friends, Fun and Danger. I've Reread them multiple times myself and now i am reading them to my five year old son at bed time. He is enjoying them and i hope he will read them himself one day. The whole family loves the movies. :techie-studyinggray: :techie-reference:

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”