Rereading Harry Potter Series

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.

Favorite of the Series

Sorcerer's Stone
13%
Chamber of Secrets
3%
Prisoner of Azkaban
25%
Goblet of Fire
17%
Order of the Phoenix
14%
Half Blood Prince
14%
Deathly Hallows
14%

Total votes: 303

Amesthenerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amesthenerd.html
Latest Review: Stranded In The Wild by Gary Rodriguez

Re: Rereading Harry Potter Series

Post by Amesthenerd »

I’ve reread the series so many times I’ve lost count. It’s my go-to series if I want something to read but I don’t feel like picking out something new.
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

The Goblet of fire is my ultimate favorite from the series. Not on the book but i have re watched the movies like a million times
EmmaM123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmam123.html
Latest Review: Wonks by William Reese Hamilton

Post by EmmaM123 »

It has to be "The Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone" for me. Whenever I reread the series (as I do frequently), my favourite part is going right back to the start, where it all began. The way the wizarding world was set up in the beginning of the series really set the tone for the rest of the series in my opinion.
Carolyn1854
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carolyn1854.html
Latest Review: Underdog Thinking by Atul Vir

Post by Carolyn1854 »

My favourite is Half-blood prince. Because I love Harry and Ginny together. And this book is the start of their relationship.
Re-reading Harry Potter is really fun. You always find something you missed before.
joynob24365
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joynob24365.html
Latest Review: Weeping Goes Unheard by Lucia Mann

Post by joynob24365 »

Prisoner of Azkaban is just amazing. There were no real threat the whole year. It was just a big misunderstanding in the wizarding world. I really love the relationship between Harry and Sirius. It's very devastating to know that he died on the 5th book.
Vannaskivt
Currently Reading: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes
Bookshelf Size: 803
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vannaskivt.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Vannaskivt »

I just started rereading the first book to my son, who is six, and he's really enjoying it! Probably not as much as I am though, they are great books to revisit.
victoriac4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoriac4.html
Latest Review: Perfection and Other Illusive Things by J Mercer

Post by victoriac4 »

I've reread the series more times than I can even count. I feel like every time you read the series you find something new that you might have looked over before. The series never changes, but it's always just as exciting as it was the first time you read it!
Leigh__k
Currently Reading: His Dark Materials
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leigh-k.html
Latest Review: Final Diagnosis by J. T. Madicus

Post by Leigh__k »

As much as I loved all the other books because seeing Harry Potter become a powerful wizard was amazing but my favorite has to be the philosopher's/sorcerers stone when he finally found a family,a place and people who loved him and actually wanted him unlike his relatives that to me made the whole fight worth while.
Sam Lauren
Favorite Author: Anne Rice
Currently Reading: The Dovekeepers
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-lauren.html
Latest Review: To love in vain by Pedro Merchant
fav_author_id: 2444

Post by Sam Lauren »

It is so hard to pick a favorite from this series!! I went with Prisoner of Azkaban because of Black's backstory and connection to Harry's parents. It is cool to see more of his origins.

My least favorite is easy, it's Half-Blood Prince. Most of the book is Harry obsessed with discovering what Malfoy is up to and no one believing him. Why wouldn't they believe him? The only thing I can think of is that because the story is his perspective, maybe this shows that Malfoy isn't as bad as HP makes him out to be, and his character is exaggerated. But the things he's done are literally the worst so I doubt that.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

I read the series quite a while ago. Would like to pick it up again at some point. I think my favorite would be the third book.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Hiru1998+
Currently Reading: The Hate U Give
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hiru1998.html
Latest Review: Like My Mother Before Me by Naley Gonzalez

Post by Hiru1998+ »

Harry Potter series would be the only series that I would reread. I never reread books. But Harry Potter is an exception. You never loose the joy and magic of those books
Gia2004
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gia2004.html
Latest Review: The Unborn by Tayma Tameem

Post by Gia2004 »

The Harry Potter series has a timeless quality to them. While in the "muggle world" they had landlines (as it was published in the 90s), the wizards do not use technology, so even in the future when technology advances further, we still have the magic around us.
ccarmink25
Currently Reading: One and For All
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ccarmink25.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by ccarmink25 »

I tend to re read the Harry Potter series followed by a movie marathon every year. I never get tired of it. The first time I read it, i finished the entire series in 5 days. 😅
t_mann23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-mann23.html
Latest Review: Soria's Blood by D.L. Brownson

Post by t_mann23 »

It's hard to pick a favorite book, but I think mine would have to be The Deathly Hallows. Everything comes together, we get the answers to questions we've had since the beginning of the series, and there's so much action and development. It is quite the finale, and I really enjoy it. Plus, we finally get to see Harry win and have a normal life at the end! He deserves it.
Mason Garrod
Currently Reading: Uncommon Poems Common People
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mason-garrod.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Mason Garrod »

I finally reread the series in the last year after reading them a million times as a young child but not for quite a long while. Goblet of Fire was the most enjoyable read to me because I'm just a sucker for tournament-esque plotlines and there's some really fantastic stuff in there, but in terms of which book was the best, I was pleasantly surprised to find that Deathly Hallows was the most beautifully-written. It was definitely the easiest to appreciate as an adult, with some very universal and emotional themes being dealt with in fantastic ways

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”