Twilight or The Vampire Diaries?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Reagan93
Currently Reading: Memoirs of a Geisha
Bookshelf Size: 14

Re: Twilight or The Vampire Diaries?

Post by Reagan93 »

TVD.

The Vampire Diaries is so interesting to the point that I couldn't put it down, and the facts seemed more realistic. When I was reading Twilight, i just got bored, because there wasn't any background or history like The Vampire diaries.
Buddyisabunny
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Buddyisabunny »

twilight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! vampire diaries was never as captivating for me
HarneetB
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =5840">The Princess Bride</a>
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harneetb.html
Latest Review: "Dodged Bullets" by Lynn Sutton

Post by HarneetB »

I personally like the Twilight books rather than The Vampire Diaries, only because Elena was so annoying and Bella was much more tolerable however, I hated the movies but love TVD tv series. It's more gripping and entertaining and has much more substance. Twilight the movies were just so disappointing for me it hurts.
Latest Review: "Dodged Bullets" by Lynn Sutton
[creativecluster]

Post by [creativecluster] »

I would have to say that I liked the twilight books the best I do like vampire diaries but I prefer twilight the story of forever is amazing. I feel like the diaries one goes on for forever, I do like the story to eventually come to an end not stretched out to far.
Lydia_Noyes
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lydia-noyes.html

Post by Lydia_Noyes »

I'm almost ashamed to admit it...but twilight all the way
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

Going by the book series only, definitely Twilight. I actually read the first Vampire Diaries novel after watching the first episode of the show, and I ended up liking the show much more! (which is so rare for me.)
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
Amanda Zarth
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Amanda Zarth »

I think they are totally different kinds of books. I mean, Twilight is your usual weak gril - supernatural boy fall in love and live happily ever after, while TVD is more complex, with other wars going on - such as the werewolves, whiches and everything else.

While I personally like TVD more, I can't say I didn't enjoy reading Twilight, but I like the complexity of the supernatural and the romance(being betweent two brothers surely is more complicated than being between two sworn enemies).
Elle Reve
Currently Reading: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elle-reve.html

Post by Elle Reve »

i guess vampire diaries is the best. it has more variation of characters n a lot happens in the story
xx
lolashoes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolashoes.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by lolashoes »

I'm team Twilight all the way. I love the books and the movies with all my heart. I know this whole twilight scene has a bad reputation but i couldn't care less about that, i fell in love with the characters and i think the actors in the movies portrayed their characters well. As for Vampire Diaries, I've only seen the entire season 1 and thought it was okay. I'm not drawn to the story or the characters and it just doesn't have the same impact twilight had and still has on me. :)
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Clary7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clary7.html

Post by Clary7 »

Book wise definitely Twilight but TV/Movie wise Vampire Diaries is the best.
weeh84
Currently Reading: Paradise Lost
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-weeh84.html
Latest Review: "Crumbling Walls" by Laura Strandt
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by weeh84 »

That is a tough one. Both books well written, but two vastly different styles. I have read the Twilight series two or three times now. New Moon is my favorite as I am 100% team Jacob. It's a beautiful love story, none the less.

The Vampire Diaries I have also read. L.J Smith has the love story, but it is darker in comparison to Twilight. Sometimes I felt L.J Smith got a little weird, especially with the underground world. She sort of lost me on that one.

Now Movie/TV wise, The Vampire Diaries is the best.
Latest Review: "Crumbling Walls" by Laura Strandt
Sallari87
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Currently Reading: City of Fallen Angels
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sallari87.html
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by Sallari87 »

I have much love for both the Vampire Diaries and Twilight. I have read and seen the T.V show and movies multiple times. Book wise i really like the Twilight Saga the most. Television/Movie wise i am totally addicted to The Vampire Diaries. Love the Character and th Drama. If i had to choose thogh i couldn't they are both great. :D
RoseKyle
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Post by RoseKyle »

I prefer Twilight over Vampire Diaries. The world of Bella and Edward Cullen crawled into my heart years ago, and I am holding on tight. I know it gets a lot of bad rep because of either the actors, or how Bella acts. Particularly in New Moon.

But it doesn't bother me. Every time I pull the books of the shelf, or turn on the movies I fall in love all over again. While all of Bella's thoughts and motives might not be agreeable, it's still an amazing read.

The books are definitely my favorite, but the movies are amazing too.
Mack3224
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mack3224.html

Post by Mack3224 »

This topic definitely caught my attention. I'm a huge vampire fanatic. If anyone saw my bookshelf it would be a little too obvious. In short, I'm obsessed.

I owe both the VD and Twilight books and have seen their TV counterparts. For me The Vampire Diaries wins both. The books and TV show both depict vampires properly and keep your attention with all the drama in a way Twilight just can't for me.

Though I say VD wins over Twilight it is not my favorite vampire series. That award would have to go to the Vampire Academy books. They took an interesting approach to vampires and Richelle Mead is a talented author. I'd recommend her books to anyone.
KacieLW
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kacielw.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by KacieLW »

I only read the first Vampire Diaries book and I didn't really like it. However, I did try reading it after watching a good amount of the TV show so that could have something to do with it. That being said, I think I preferred the Twilight books. However, when it comes to the movies and TV show, I like Vampire Diaries much better. I also prefer the Vampire Diaries show to the Twilight books.
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”