Twilight or The Vampire Diaries?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dorebri2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorebri2020.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Re: Twilight or The Vampire Diaries?

Post by dorebri2020 »

I like both, but I prefer twilight for the vampire display. I definitely like VD more in the onscreen adaption though.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."- J.K. Rowling. :D
_iamariii
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by _iamariii »

I love both books because it is so interesting with or without the movie :techie-studyingbrown:
UnicornKnight
Favorite Author: Nora Sakavic
Currently Reading: Shadow and Bone (Shadow and Bone Trilogy #1)
Bookshelf Size: 287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unicornknight.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 58836

Post by UnicornKnight »

I loved both the Twilight series and the Vampire Diaries series however I have to agree with you, I feel like I can pick up Twilight on any random day while with Vampire Diaries, I remember actually not quite finishing the entire thing. It got a little dragging for me after I believe book 5? However I LOVE one of LJ Smith's other series, Night World. I actually need to check if she finally released the finale for that... Sometimes I can't believe that LJ Smith wrote most of these books in the 1990's. But yes, if I had to pick between just Twilight and the Vampire Diaries, I think I would still pick Twilight every time. The core books of Twilight are just something I can actually come back to as opposed to Vampire Diaries.
Namaste23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namaste23.html
Latest Review: Did you know by Ashok Bhaskaran

Post by Namaste23 »

Twilight for me. I haven’t read the vampire diaries yet, so I will have to to compare, but have never been interested in doing so. I’ll give it a go though.
Yamila Ortiz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Yamila Ortiz »

I love VD! The characters, the songs, the drama! Especially how it just keeps expanding to the Originals. Absolute prefer VD over Twilight.
JordanRawrz

Post by JordanRawrz »

I think it varies with age. In middle school I was completely in love with twilight, it was all I would ever watch or read but now I probably wouldn't reread it, I would read Vampire Diaries instead. My all time favorite vampire series however, is the House of Night. While twilight is mostly all drama, the House of Night series has some pretty good action to go along with the drama.
HarryPotterLibrary22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harrypotterlibrary22.html
Latest Review: Watchwords (black and white) by Philip Neal Gatter

Post by HarryPotterLibrary22 »

I read the Twilight series many years ago and wasn't overly impressed with them. I'm considering reading Vampire Diaries, would you say they're better or worse?
Eva Messer

Post by Eva Messer »

Vampire diaries all the way because it has more depth into the background information and so many plot twists that twilight just didn’t have even one. It was so predictable. The characters only had one side to them while those of TVD were more then tv people I felt like they cared about what was being screened.
Ogoskino
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogoskino.html
Latest Review: adventured of columbus daniel by Columbus daniel

Post by Ogoskino »

The vampire diaries for certain! I didn't quite get a hold of twilight in the beginning stages so i didn't bother finishing it
SarahTheReader
Currently Reading: Mansfield Park
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahthereader.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by SarahTheReader »

It’s funny because when I was younger, I thought that because I loved the Twilight series so much I would live the Vampire Diaries but this was so not the case. When I would pick up the Twilight series I found that I was unable to put it down; however, for Vampire Diaries I picked up the first book and only read half of it. Then six months went by and I picked the book again and finished it but I ended up giving it away instead of continuing the series. I’m not sure why this is the case.. maybe because by the time I was introduced to Vampire Diaries I had already been sucked into Twilight fandom... who knows? Maybe one day I’ll give Vampire Diaries another chance and will find I love it just as much.
VSuraj
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vsuraj.html
Latest Review: Justice by Scott Hughes

Post by VSuraj »

I like them both. For a quick read, I would pick up Twilight, but Vampire Diaries has a lot going on, so for a more thorough and engaging read, I would choose VD.
I really like LJ Smith's writing style and I also like Meyer's unusual take on vampires.
Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic - J.K. Rowling
Writing queen

Post by Writing queen »

I couldn't get through the twilight books. I didn't like that the vampires didn't have any vulnerabilities, which they should have had. Also I couldn't stand reading about a girl who is constantly in trouble.
Emmannemm
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Emmannemm »

Twilight books are much better as a series but I think TVD as a tv show is MUCH better!!
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

TWILIGHT!!!!
Anindita Roy
Currently Reading: The God of Small Things
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Anindita Roy »

I am an admirer of "The Twilight Series". What makes "Twilight Series" more fascinating and unforgettable is the note of enormous passion in it. I was quite drawn to the character of Bella. I love how Bella loved Edward profoundly, passionately and unconditionally. The love-story appeals to millions of readers. I never get tired of reading the novels, I am left spellbound everytime I read the novels. I started reading "The Vampire Diaries" after I finished reading "Twilight Series", and unfortunately, the series failed to impress me.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”