Review of Teslanauts

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Helen Akoth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-akoth.html
Latest Review: A Submissive Journey-Second Semester by Richard Read

Review of Teslanauts

Post by Helen Akoth »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Teslanauts" by Matthew Donald.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Teslanauts is a young adult fiction by Matthew Donald. It begins shortly after the Great War (WWI) and follows the life of Brooklyn-bred seventeen-year-old Raymond Calvert as he searches for answers about his missing father, Francis Calvert. Before his mysterious disappearance, Francis Calvert had been working for a top-secret government organization and went missing when Raymond was 12. From that day, Raymond spent days studying blueprints left behind by his father—the only link to his missing dear dad. He became so obsessed with them that he did not participate in the activities of children his age. He was determined to know what happened to his father, no matter what that would cost him. And so, one day, he goes to the government agency to demand answers, and he is ushered into a highly advanced volt-tech world of Teslanauts, one overseen by the infamous Nikola Tesla himself. Will he find the answers he is seeking for? What will he find out?

There were several things I liked about this book. Raymond's mission was specified early enough, making the readers aware of what he was working towards and glued to uncover if he'd achieve them. His emotional turmoils were captured aptly and explicitly. I also liked how the characters were captured. They were well described, making the readers know their physical attributes, emotions, and personalities. This gave me a clear mental picture of them, all adding to my enjoyment. I also liked how high-level technology was depicted in Teslanauts. There were several futuristic technologies, most exploiting volt-tech concepts, and their working mechanisms evidenced that they were conceived from the mind of a super-creative and talented author. This book also had several action-packed moments, and these kept me glued to it. And lastly, the ending was satisfactory. It tied most loose ends. However, it left a hint (room) for a sequel or sequels, which I can't wait to read, considering how much I enjoyed this.

What I liked the most about this book were the Teslanauts' ideologies and values. They envisioned a world where technological and scientific advancement would be used for the betterment of society rather than to cause harm. Their commitment to ensuring this ideology was enforced was something to admire.

Overall, I found absolutely nothing to dislike about this book. There were only a few errors, meaning it was professionally edited. Therefore, I am pleased to give it the perfect rating of five out of five stars. I had no reason to rate it any lower.

I highly recommend this book to readers who like young adult novels incorporating mystery and science fiction. The author made a conscious effort to make this book free of profanity, as evidenced by only minor ones and euphemisms. The presence of only minor profanities makes it suitable for a wide range of audiences. On the other hand, I didn't find anything to make me caution any reader against it. I enjoyed Teslanauts, and I look forward to reading its sequels.

Teslanauts
View: on Bookshelves
Excelongee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Excelongee »

Interesting book to read
Chinemezu Okafor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinemezu-okafor.html
Latest Review: Doctor in the World by Hiram Baddeley

Post by Chinemezu Okafor »

This story has a nice plotline. The book's cover is also beautiful. I would definitely love to read this book.
Mohamed Mostafa Mostafei
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mohamed Mostafa Mostafei »

Very nice, I love this book very much
Last edited by Mohamed Mostafa Mostafei on 23 Jan 2023, 06:51, edited 1 time in total.
Johnston316
Favorite Author: Laureen Giulian
Currently Reading: The First Time Father
Bookshelf Size: 12
fav_author_id: 242730

Post by Johnston316 »

Nice Book cover,I would definitely love to read too
kareem Azeez
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kareem Azeez »

This story made me remember what happened at my young age.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”