Review of 2121: The Battle for Survival Begins

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Review of 2121: The Battle for Survival Begins

Post by Emeka Emordi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "2121: The Battle for Survival Begins" by Geoffrey Charlton-Perrin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In the year 2021, after a pandemic hit the earth, killing millions of people, the earth was depleted. This made all nations consolidate. The United Kingdom had been renamed "Greater Britain," and the countries in the European Union became "Europe." North and South America merged to become Central America. MegaRussia was formed by combining Russia and its surrounding region. All the island countries of the South Pacific were called Australasia. Blalock was the President of Greater Britain during this period, and he had a disturbing plan for Greater Britain. Alec Brassington is a young man about to begin his studies in mechanical engineering at Manchester University. He got a 20th-century relic from his father: an air pistol. He was training with this gun when one of the rebel forces, the Renegade Lords, kidnapped him. He was rescued by the Jacobian Warriors and got acquainted with Jermaine, Bryon, and Lili. Knowing what he is capable of, he was recruited to help the Jacobian Warriors stand against President Blablock’s plans and to give Greater Britain a chance to be glorious again. What is the President’s plan? How significant is the role of a high school boy in fighting for the independence of Greater Britain? Find out in 2021: The Battle for Survival Begins by Geoffrey Charlton-Perrin.

I need to commend the expertise of the author for writing this well-thought-out plot for this book. While reading this book, I found myself filled with excitement and wanting to know what happened next. It is filled with suspense. However, I found some situations easy to solve. One of those situations is when Alec was rescued by Jermaine; it seemed so easy. Even though I felt this way in some scenarios, I liked the story overall.

The characters are well-developed. The author did not leave any main characters undeveloped. I like the character of Alec. As young as he is, he believed in himself, and he was able to solve problems even if he wasn’t prepared for situations like that. He displayed his smart and humorous side. Also, he is romantic. I like the light romantic touch that his relationship with Lili gave the book. His character is what young adults could emulate; he is serious and focused and does not allow distractions. His consistency in training with the air pistol also earned him special recognition. I also liked that he encouraged rewarding hard work. This was exemplified when Alec rewarded Southall for arresting the leader of the Stalingrads.

There are themes in the book like war, love, friendship, acceptance, leadership, and trust. The book is well formatted. I like that the author used simple English to deliver his message; it made it easier to understand the plot and carry all categories of readers along. However, it contains more than ten errors, so I will rate the book 4 out of 5 stars. I implore the author to edit the book again so it can regain its perfect rating.

2121: The Battle for Survival Begins is a book I recommend to young adults who enjoy fantasy and mystery novels. The book is also suitable for readers who enjoy fantasy books. It is a quick read that can help them work through boredom.

2121: The Battle for Survival Begins
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
New Nikky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-new-nikky.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by New Nikky »

This is a nice review. I like your review and it is very straightforward. I look forwards to more of your reviews and congrats on your published review.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

I'd love to read this book. It mentions the formation of empires like MegaRussia. I look forward to knowing more about the message the author seeks to pass across. Interesting review.
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

Futuristic books always leave me in a deep web of thoughts. Just thinking of the year 2121 is mind boggling. Haha. I would have loved to see the name the Author would have given Africa or North America.
Great review!
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

2021 is a year that people will not forget easily, many families lost their loved ones to the dangerous pandemic. All the country felt the impact of the Convid. I enjoyed your review. Good job.
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Moo Reny »

This is a fantastic book, the characters are well-developed and it has a fantastic plot as well. 2121 seems very long and futuristic, this is a great review regardless. Congratulations on your published re8
Chris Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nakazuka.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Chris Azuka »

I appreciate the author's work in the book. He thought about writing a unique story and gave great plot. I totally agree with all what you said about the book. Nice review.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

I haven't read this book but from this read, I anticipate grabbing a copy of sci-fi fiction to explore the adventure of a new world created by the author's imaginative power.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Silvia Idahosa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvia-idahosa.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Silvia Idahosa »

Nicely written review. I like your summary of the book in the first paragraph. It gives the story an air of mystery. I also like the representation of love within the mystery and the themes of the book as well. This is a book I would like to read. You highlighted the strong points really well.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

This will be interesting book. The plot is great but might be confusing at first because of the lord of characters. I love your review! Great review!
Samuel Onowhakpor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-onowhakpor.html
Latest Review: Seeker: A Sea Odyssey by Rita Pomade

Post by Samuel Onowhakpor »

It's ironic that the world's most prominent colonial power are agitating for independence in this book. Futuristic books are really not my speed, but the plot looks intriguing enough to blindside my opinion. A great review.
Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-egenti-ignatius-chimaobi.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi »

This book has a futuristic theme to it. The mystery and suspense in it makes it very much enticing. Your review was very comprehensive in detailing the fine points of the book. I look forward to reading the book. Good job
Park Cherri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

I don’t understand the plot, but as it is a sci-fi book, it should be interesting. I’ll love to know the links between these countries. Great review!
Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-youngreader720-oluwabukunmiwilliamsoso.html
Latest Review: Swoosh! Shooting the Perfect Shot by Wajeedah Bilal

Post by Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso »

The book's plot is quite intriguing, channeling a true-life event in the form of the recent pandemic and creating a unique story. The author has done well with world-building as well, and I look forward to reading the rest of the book.
CrossK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crossk.html
Latest Review: Re-Making the American Dream by David Vaught

Post by CrossK »

I need to commend the expertise of the author for writing this well-thought-out plot for this book. While reading this book, I found myself filled with excitement and wanting to know what happened next. Great review.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”