Twilight Series by Stephaine Meyer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
iced_sunshine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iced-sunshine.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Re: Twilight Series by Stephaine Meyer

Post by iced_sunshine »

I also read the books long before the hype of the movies came around so I pretty much enjoyed them without too much backlash. But when the movies came out people started criticising the entire franchise and my love for the books slowly dwindled.
coffeeteal
Currently Reading: The Grand
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reading Device: B07RB71NTN

Post by coffeeteal »

I read the first novel and then watched the movie on fast-forward here and there as I was sure that I won't like the movie and it will kill whatever I liked in the book. Later all the fandoms and debates really killed whatever liking I had initially for the book and I never returned to it again.
Shrad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrad.html
Latest Review: Sugar & Spice by H M Irwing

Post by Shrad »

While the books are an ocean movies seem like just a swimming pool.. Once you read the twilight series you will understand what an exceptional book it is with its twists and turns.. While the movie is just okay its the book that one should read and appreciate .. It gives us details that seem to be missing in movies. Even after watching such movies i always like reading its book to understand is better and to read incidents and moments are many times good but not included in movies😸
GuyNagy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by GuyNagy »

I respect the author of the story, it was perfect, interesting and flabbergasting. Thanks to directors of e screenplay too, they made it more interesting
Jenna_p93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Jenna_p93 »

The twilight series will always have a place in my heart, I read the series when I was 8-9. I positively love the writing style Meyer uses. I wish that when books are made into movies they were more like the books.
RoxieReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxiereads.html
Latest Review: Code Name Lily by Julien Ayotte

Post by RoxieReads »

Unfortunately, I read the first book in the Twilight series and did not like it at all. In my opinion, I did not like the main character, their motivations, or what they did. Sorry.
~Roxie~
dorebri2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorebri2020.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by dorebri2020 »

I thought that the Twilight novels were fun reads, but lacked the basic depth I enjoy in a novel, and the conclusion was a bit fast-paced for me. However, I did enjoy the series overall.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."- J.K. Rowling. :D
UnicornKnight
Favorite Author: Nora Sakavic
Currently Reading: Shadow and Bone (Shadow and Bone Trilogy #1)
Bookshelf Size: 287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unicornknight.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 58836

Post by UnicornKnight »

Still one of my favorite series of all time! I understand that there were a few editing and grammar issues but in the end I still loved the story and the progression through the series. I still pick up the books every couple of years. I also still recommend this book to younger, new readers.
claudiawuollet
Currently Reading: Betsy and Catherine
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by claudiawuollet »

The Twilight series is an authentic series where the author, Stephanie Meyers, does an amazing job of capturing you in the books. Once you start reading the series, it is hard to stop reading. Once you are finished reading, you are itching for more. It is one of those series that you just want to keep reading. Although it is an amazing series and I would recommend it for everyone to read, it is a young adult book and it is very obvious that it lacks depth as a novel. It is still a great series with lots of action and great characters!
Nightreaderx
Currently Reading: Unhinged
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Nightreaderx »

I remember that I read these novels after the first film was released. At the time I was only at the age of 12 and I thoroughly enjoyed them. Looking back now, if I had to reread them I don't think I would enjoy them as much as I did at first. Overall the storyline was nice, it's just that some of the characters aren't great. I must admit that the novels were alot better than the movies. I love reading about vampires but I have read so many now over the years that the Twilight series is on the bottom of my list.
Arthur Ahrens
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arthur-ahrens.html
Latest Review: Fearless Thinking, Stress-free living, Guaranteed (Almost) by Purandar A. Amin

Post by Arthur Ahrens »

Question for all of you Twilight fans: I have both read the books and seen the movies (as an adult), but it has been a while. It says young adult fiction. Now my 11-year-old girl has found my copy of the first book and started reading. Appropriate or not? What do you all think? She is fairly mature, and some of her friends are reading. Thanks.🤓
:techie-reference:
Falling4Ever
Currently Reading: Titans
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falling4ever.html
Latest Review: G.E.M.S. by Daphne Valcourt

Post by Falling4Ever »

I know the books are always so much better than the stories, but I've still never gotten around to reading the books. Should I?
Browneh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-browneh.html
Latest Review: Spyder Bones by Oliver Phipps

Post by Browneh »

I used to sit and reread the books so many times. I remember reading them in my school's reception while waiting for my brother to get out of rugby practice.

Although I wouldn't compare the writing to that of some Shakespearean masterpiece, I feel like they are a pretty good immersive experience. I like re-reading them to get me out of my current headspace, particularly when I don't want to think too much.
Deepa09k
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa09k.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Deepa09k »

Is it wrong to say I liked whatever is available of "The Midnight Sun" In the series? 🙊
Julianna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julianna.html
Latest Review: The Land of Sunshine and Hell by Maxene Raices

Post by Julianna »

I read the Twilight Series long before any of the movies came out. It was the first series I read after I got back into reading, years after college. I was thrilled with the whole series except for the final book. I felt it was anticlimactic. Everyone came, met, then left. I would still go back and read the books again. The characters were relatable and extremely sexy in the novels.

The movies did not live up to any part of the writing. I was completely over the nonsense 5 minutes into the first one. The people chosen for the roles were all wrong and the special effects were lame.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”