Who is your favorite YA author?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
nanglada
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nanglada.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Re: Who is your favorite YA author?

Post by nanglada »

I love Sarah J. Maas, but I do have to admit Kasie West makes me happy. Her books are totally my guilty pleasure.
abbyruth9
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbyruth9.html
Latest Review: Stranded In The Wild by Gary Rodriguez

Post by abbyruth9 »

I think that Rick Riordan would be my favorite YA author. At one point it would have been JK Rowling, but she has kind of ruined her image in my eyes as she continually tries to interject new information in the spirit of diversity and inclusion. Riordan, however, does not fall into this trap and his books are genuinely diverse in terms of race, sexuality, and disability. Not to mention incredibly compelling plot writing, amazingly developed characters, and fantastic world building.
MK_Lexington
Favorite Book: S.
Currently Reading: The Magician's Nephew
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mk-lexington.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by MK_Lexington »

Oh man, how to pick just one? I'd probably have to say Alexandra Bracken or Nnedi Okorafor, but then there's always J.K Rowling and Suzanne Colins, who have forever impacted the fantasy and dystopian genres (my two favorite genres). I'm also a big C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien fan.
Namaste23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namaste23.html
Latest Review: Did you know by Ashok Bhaskaran

Post by Namaste23 »

Sara Shepard is my favorite right now!
Nabiha 8117
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nabiha 8117 »

According to me my favorite young adult fiction author is John Green but I also like Suzanne Collins.
John greens books give you reality of how the world can be like. For example the fault in our stars is a great book which is absolutely the most depressing book I have read so far in my life but I love how it has romance,drama and suspense. I would personally change the ending of the book but the book was however phenomenal and enlightening.
I have read the hunger games trilogy as well and I have found it so mind blowing that I read it about 6 times and saw the movie about 4 times I still love it.
I recommend this book to everyone above 11 years even though I don't set boundaries on the age limit but of course if you can handle the book and you often read these kind of books then you can surely read it.
Taongaj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taongaj.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by Taongaj »

RidiculousMuffin wrote: 03 Mar 2015, 09:22 My favorite author? :shock: I mean... that's like asking how many hairs I enjoy having on my head... I need them all! :D But I suppose if I had to pick it would be Holly Goldberg Sloan. I loved "Counting by 7's".
😂😂 I totally feel the same. I like Victoria Aveyard's style of writing. But this doesn't do my list of awesome y.a authors any justice
Mireliza

Post by Mireliza »

My favorite YA author is definitely Cassandra Clare. The world she created is absolutely wonderful and had my falling in love with it immediately. She did an amazing job in writing characters that capture your heart; falling in love, laughing, and crying right alongside the characters. As of May 5th, 2020 (with more books on the way) here is my ranking for her series:
1. The Infernal Devices - this series is my number one from Cassandra Clare, and it never fails to capture and recapture my heart.
2. The Mortal Instruments - probably the most popular series, it is definitely amazing and introduces a whole new set of characters you can't help but wish you were friends with yourself.
3. The Last Hours - while there is only one book published so far, I loved it and I can't wait for the next release!
4. The Dark Artifices - this one is good as well, but it took me a while to get through Lady Midnight and into the rest of the series

Cassandra Clare also has MANY other books that are not part of a specific series but are incredible all the same in the shadowhunter world.

If you haven't read her books yet, you're missing out!
fguillen13

Post by fguillen13 »

By far my favorite YA author is Jennifer L. Armentrout. In her book "The Problem With Forever" she gracefully speaks the truth about foster care and abusive families. It sheds enormous light on the reality of the foster care system while adding a perfect romance. In addition to that wonderful novel is "If There's No Tomorrow." This book really opened my eyes to the world. You never know if tomorrow is promised so live in the moment because you never know when life is going to change. These are two must-reads!!
Doodle98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doodle98.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by Doodle98 »

Cinda Williams Chima. She focus mainly on fantasy but she's one of the few writers who has ever written a romantic subplot that I actually cared about because it was tied to the growth of the main characters. Like, it was important to who they become as the story progressed! What a weird thing to do in a YA novel, am I right? :roll:
Sophialynne4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophialynne4.html
Latest Review: Metaphase by M. Street
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Sophialynne4 »

My favorite YA author right now is Marissa Meyer. I've read Heartless, and the Cinder series, and both I am in love with. I love her writing style and how she can make you connect with the characters. She's not even just my favorite YA author; she's my favorite author in all. I can't wait to read more of her books.
Latest Review: Metaphase by M. Street
MorganKnightOfficial
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morganknightofficial.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by MorganKnightOfficial »

Rick Yancey! Love the way he uses YA to create an enjoyable, yet deep story that fans of YA and fans of classic literature can enjoy! Also enjoy the way his stories do not follow the typical, cliched YA format.
Sejalds

Post by Sejalds »

My favorite YA auther is Penelope Douglas. I love her 'fall away' series.
Tatum Brandt is the girl I've always wanted to be. Jared is my favorite character too. Her stories are always so realistic.
Anna Todd and Colleen Hoover comes second and third in my list. I like Hardin and Tessa's story in after series. It's so great.
Kat00-00

Post by Kat00-00 »

My favourite author is Marie Lu and Sarah J. Maas. The Legend series is a series I can read again and again and never tire of it. ACOTAR is a series that I enjoy and am in the process of reading it. I recommend both series.
AngiEreadeR37
Currently Reading: Demon Hunted
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by AngiEreadeR37 »

Just when I think I have a favorite author in a particular genre, I find in my head (and heart) at least five more who would be just as good for the honorable position. So I can never honestly say it's my one favorite but one of. Still, I first thought of Cassandra Clare. The Mortal Instruments Series definitely left an impression on me, I like books a lot more than movies or the tv series. I'm definitely the 'original' version kind of girl.

I can also shine a light on Rick Riordan. Percy Jackson and the Olympians are from years ago but still something I could go back to when I feel like it. O! Richelle Mead whose Vampire Academy is one of my favorites among the vampire books.

And I'm not sticking to the topic because I mentioned three authors, not one, and already have ten more waiting. That's me though, a rule breaker. :lol:
Sapphirenight28

Post by Sapphirenight28 »

I would have to say Sara j. Maas. I am in love with her A court of thorns and roses series. I love how she made the characters feel as it they are like family even though I will never meet them :D :D

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”