Who is your favorite YA author?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mylilcutiep
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon Re: Who is your favorite YA author?

Post by Mylilcutiep »

I cant really say i have a favorite author cause i read alot of young adult novels, but i guess if I had to choose it would have to be P.C. Cast and Kristen Cast. They wrote the House of Night series and i loved it. It had alot of nice details about what is happening around the characters. It makes you feel like you are actually in the book. I highly recommend this book series.
T_Tobbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-tobbs.html
Latest Review: Mirrored Worlds by Tayma Tameem

Post by T_Tobbs »

Bluebell Rizzi wrote: 26 Jun 2019, 04:15 Oh, it's definitely a tie between these three authors:

Holly Bourne, Krystal Sutherland and Sara Barnard :techie-studyinggray:

My favourite books from them are, respectively: The Manifesto On How To Be Interesting, Our Chemical Hearts, and Fierce Fragile Hearts. :techie-reference:
Oh yeah, I really love Holly Bourne. Her most recent book, Pretending, is so relatable. I love how she talks about the issues women have, be it in the dating world or purely just existing, she's amazing, I really like her. I haven't heard of the other two though, but if it's a tie between the three of them then I'm definitely checking the other two out. I'll let you know how I find them when I'm done.
My favorite from Holly Bourne is the Am I Normal Yet? Series, specifically What's A Girl Gotta Do? and, Am I Normal Yet? Mainly because I relate with the characters so much, Lottie is basically me but with a bit of Evie and Amber.
Maddie Atkinson
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Julia Chapman
Favorite Book: gender euphoria
Currently Reading: Those People Next Door
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maddie-atkinson.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
fav_author_id: 84942

Post by Maddie Atkinson »

100% Malorie Blackman, I cannot get enough of her, I have read all of her books and I was so happy when I found out that she had written another book to add to the Noughts and Crosses series
"I decided a while ago not to deny myself the simpler pleasures of existence" - Augustus Waters (The Fault in Our Stars)
Bridgetbruso99
Currently Reading: MY FRIEND Marilyn
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bridgetbruso99.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by Bridgetbruso99 »

I really enjoy Cathrine Clark. I was a teen in the 90s, so for me she hits the mark for not being too modern for me but enough modern to incorporate cell phones and modern stuff in her writing that it's not too far in the past. I will admit I do read YA from the 80s and 90s that doesn't have those things in it.
I enjoy Francine Pascal's Sweet Valley and belong to a group for Sweet Valley high fans.
Cossette

Post by Cossette »

Although she has only written two books, Jandy Nelson is by far my favorite!
HanElizabeth397
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanelizabeth397.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by HanElizabeth397 »

Jane Morningstar wrote: 24 Sep 2020, 08:53 Well I have a lot of favorite authors namely:
  • J.K. Rowling
  • Rick Riordan
  • Holly Black
  • Julie Kagawa
  • Sarah J. Maas
  • Soman Chainani

I loved reading 'The Cruel Prince' - what other Holly Black books would you recommend?
Leigh__k
Currently Reading: His Dark Materials
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leigh-k.html
Latest Review: Final Diagnosis by J. T. Madicus

Post by Leigh__k »

Rick Riordan
Gems200

Post by Gems200 »

My favorite YA author is Lois Lowry, specifically her book the Giver.
readlikejess
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readlikejess.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith

Post by readlikejess »

John Green. He’s a fun guy, but the sad parts in his books. Damn.
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

Really love Evelyn Skye!
fortaevers
Currently Reading: Song of Achilles
Bookshelf Size: 394

Post by fortaevers »

It's hard to choose who's my favorite is but I really love Holly Black and Leigh Bardugo
piajmitchell12+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by piajmitchell12+ »

Tough question to answer, but I would say that my favorite young adult authors are Holly Black and Sarah J. Maas.

Jenny Han (the author behind The Summer I Turned Pretty and To All the Boys I've Loved Before) is a more recent author I've been following.
Mrs Lindsey Sistar

Post by Mrs Lindsey Sistar »

Julie Kagawa and her Iron Fey series as my newer author but my solid favorite to read and teach the subtle, yet pervasive art of rhetoric through is Suzanne Collins and her The Hunger Games trilogy- such a multilayered and rich playground for teaching the analysis of rhetoric through literature. Everything is an argument and her’s is powerful, accessible, high interest for all genders, relevant and the connections my students make both surprise and delight me still.
Rubin Pyxis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rubin-pyxis.html
Latest Review: Orcas Forever by Marie-Paule Mahoney

Post by Rubin Pyxis »

Rick Riordan. I know most of his books are Middle Grade but Heroes of Olympus crosses over into YA. I think he just writes teens super realistically (I mean besides the super powers and stuff), and YA has really struggled with that the past few years. So many protagonists of YA books act like people in their 20s or 30s, so I just find his books super refreshing. I remember just really loving that about HOO when I was in high school. I felt like I could actually relate to the characters for once and I realized I had lost that feeling in other books. When I was about 14 and started reading YA I stopped feeling like the books I was reading were written for me, and thats a big problem in YA because most YA is written for grown women now and it shouldn't be. Reading Heroes of Olympus was so freeing to me when I first read it because it allowed me to read about heroes who thought like me, made the same kinds of mistakes that I did, and had the same kinds of internal struggles and insecurities that I did. It's a feeling I wasn't getting from the Cassandra Clare, SJM, and other books I was reading. I think I will always have to admire Rick Riordan for being able to do that.
fire_heart
Currently Reading: Beyond the Story
Bookshelf Size: 80

Post by fire_heart »

Sarah J maas. I am quite biased when it comes to her and after reading her works , I had began to have certain expectations when it comes to other authors.(I know its not a good thing but still.)

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”