Who is your favorite YA author?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
sheyenne_m
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Who is your favorite YA author?

Post by sheyenne_m »

As a young adult, I truly enjoy YA fiction. Among the YA books I have read, John Green's novels stand out the most with their unique endings and the feelings they evoke from their readers. :eusa-pray:
sheyenne_m

Post by sheyenne_m »

Janiac02 wrote: 28 Feb 2015, 15:23 I would've thought this was a duplicated topic, but I couldn't find it, so I'll bite :mrgreen:

I enjoyed the Suzanne Collins writing the best of the Young Adult authors I've read, but though I enjoyed the Hunger Games trilogy enough to read it twice, I wouldn't say that is my favorite series of Young Adult books. Probably because the subject matter is so dark, I guess.
As a young adult, I grew up in love with this series and the characters it contained. As President Snow would say, "Hope is the only thing stronger than fear." :D
Kkeating1901

Post by Kkeating1901 »

My favorite writer is John Green. His writing is so eloquent and it truly transports you into the story. I loved Looking for Alaska, it was so beautifully written and it dealt with such a heavy topic so gracefully. Overall, John Greens’s writing is phenomenal.
Aleahkim1021

Post by Aleahkim1021 »

I enjoyed Leigh Bardugo's books! The magic systems and character developments were well written.
Amesthenerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amesthenerd.html
Latest Review: Stranded In The Wild by Gary Rodriguez

Post by Amesthenerd »

This is a hard one for me. For the longest time I would’ve said JK Rowling. But now she’s ruining her image for me with her sketchy attitude of transgender people. My best friend is transgender and I love him to death. Now I would probably say Suzanne Collins, since the Hunger Games was another formative novel when I was young.
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

I have a really long list here but i enjoy Cassandra Clair when it comes to YA.
Joey72341

Post by Joey72341 »

I would say that Chris Colfer is one of my young adult authors. His series of The Land of Stories is just very creative. When I read it, it almost feels like I can really picture what is going on in the book like it's a movie. I really hope he will continue the series even more.
ardalgarcia
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ardalgarcia.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by ardalgarcia »

My favourite is probably Jonathan Stroud who wrote the Bartimaeus trilogy. They're so funny and I've reread them so many times as an adult. Definitely check them out if you're a Harry Potter fan!
dianaterrado
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dianaterrado.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by dianaterrado »

This is honestly such a hard question to answer. But off the top of my head- Emma Mills, Morgan Matson, Marie Lu, Julie Kagawa, Maria Snyder and Ally Carter.
"We should all have something to be weirdly passionate about."
HanElizabeth397
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanelizabeth397.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by HanElizabeth397 »

Barbie_sidhu wrote: 12 Jun 2020, 02:38 I have a really long list here but i enjoy Cassandra Clair when it comes to YA.
I'm currently making my way through the shadowhunter series! Which one in the series would you say it your favourite?
ChristinaMokoena
Favorite Book: Crossfire Series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christinamokoena.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by ChristinaMokoena »

Though it has been years now since I've completed the Harry Potter books I still have to say those were some of my best years so most definitely our billionaire author J.K Rowling. The lady who believed and so it was.
MariaLivaniou
Favorite Author: Cassandra Clare
Favorite Book: City of Bones
Currently Reading: Captive Prince
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robinbennet.html
Latest Review: Shifting Sands by Barry Litherland
fav_author_id: 2912

Post by MariaLivaniou »

I would say Sarah j maas and Cassandra clair are two f my favorite YA authors. I absolutely loved the acotar and the tog series of sarah and of course the mortal instruments, the infernal devices, and the dark artifices of clair
Jane Morningstar

Post by Jane Morningstar »

Well I have a lot of favorite authors namely:
  • J.K. Rowling
  • Rick Riordan
  • Holly Black
  • Julie Kagawa
  • Sarah J. Maas
  • Soman Chainani
Mhanlon2

Post by Mhanlon2 »

I've read so many books that I have alot of favorite YA authors but my all time favorite is Cassandra Clare author of the Infernal Devices, Mortal Instruments, and all the other shadowhunter series. She makes the books intriguing and relatable. There is adventure within every page of the books.
Myleesprague411

Post by Myleesprague411 »

I have read quite a bit of young adult books but I would have to say my favorite authors are JK Rowling and Marcus Zusak.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”