The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
licia1098
Bookshelf Size: 21

Icon The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan

Post by licia1098 »

The series finale of Heroes of Olympus, The Blood of Olympus is an awesome book that keeps you guessing. The characters are what really made the story up but I was really hoping that the story would be written from all of the main characters point of view. It made me so sad that it was the final book and made me want to cry but that us what made the series better, an ending that made most people satisfied. :mrgreen: :oops:
aschuck_13
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by aschuck_13 »

Started the series but never got to finish.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I have read it and loved it. I have read the entire series and thought it was great.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
ejcogan
Favorite Author: Jeaniene Frost
Favorite Book: Once Burned
Currently Reading: The Truth of all Flesh
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejcogan.html
Latest Review: "Dehumanized" by Michael Loring
fav_author_id: 3311

Post by ejcogan »

Me too. Absolutely loved it! My daughter is reading The Titan's Curse right now and loving it!
It is better to have loved and lost, than to be married to a psycho for the rest of your life.
Latest Review: "Dehumanized" by Michael Loring
RidiculousMuffin
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ridiculousmuffin.html

Post by RidiculousMuffin »

I was actually really disappointed in this book, we didn't hear from all the characters that much. We were all pretty much promised a death which would have made the ending seem more final. It was a good book, and well writen dont get me wrong I love Rick Riordans writing style. It just was a really bad finisher. Now if he were to come back and write on more book, then I could probably deal with it, but I mean come on! As far as we know the friends never find out Leo is alive. We never find out what happens with Leo and Calypso. We never hear about the future of our favorite heroes and heroines either. I would've liked something more Harry Potter-esque where we see the characters in the future. Percy and Annabeth living in New Rome with a couple little kids who are always getting into mischief. Leo and Calypso maybe turning Bunker 9 into a home where he can hang out and tinker and where she can be with him all the time. And what of the rest of our characters: Frank, Hazel, Jason? We hear almost nothing from them. Also, Nico! What in the world happened with him!? I mean he was always moody and a bit different, but in the past he was feeding funny McDonalds to funny zombies! In this book he literally vaporizes someones soul! I mean did Rick have a bad day and sit down and just been like "and he grabbed his soul and vaporized it, completely obliviating this side character. I mean I know he wasn't a nice character, but destroying his soul? That seems to be a bit much to me. Just my opinion, though. good book, bad finisher.
Crimsonsky 749
Favorite Author: John Flanagan
Currently Reading: Artemis fowl
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crimsonsky-749.html
Latest Review: "Salvation's Dawn" by Joe Jackson
fav_author_id: 4299

Post by Crimsonsky 749 »

I agree that The Blood if Olympus was a disappointment compared to the rest of the series. No important or even semi important deathes. Not even near the end. The quality of the writing just as good as his other books but I feel as if for this last book Rick Riordan just went in all guns blazing without even thinking ahead about the book. For example out of the main characters most of them don't do anything like Percy and Annabeth. I mean I get that they fell into Tartus in the last book but for them not to do anything worth mentioning in the final book is just sad. Especially since they are part of the original cast in the prequel series to this, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. After all the miracles they pulled there they should get at least a little time to shine in the final battle.
Ps. I am sorry if I offended anyone who thinks that this book is amazing and worthy of being part of the series. However for me this book just didn't cut it.
Latest Review: "Salvation's Dawn" by Joe Jackson
Raksh
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raksh.html

Post by Raksh »

Hi!
I am a Big fan Of Rick Riordan. I just loved the way he spun the beautiful story around Greek Myths. Before reading him I was not much aware of Greek mythology. Thanks to him I am well aware of it now. I have read all his books....But I do agree that this book was not up to the mark. The only one thing I remember from this book is Nico vaporizing the soul. That was the high point for me in the book. It moved me to see him in so much pain and his out burst which I can totally understand. Other than that nothing worth mentioning happens that appealed my heart. The spilling of blood was disappointment, Seriously if few drops of blood was enough. ( percy's nose bleed was enough to raise Mother earth) Why go through so much...in some fighting hurt him and collect his blood that's all they had to do. Also I was disappointed by last fight. From first book of Heroes of olympus every thing was leading to this moment and rick could not take it to the peak.

Ps: These are my views and still like rick very much :lol:
Sarah Clay
Favorite Author: Charles Dickens
Currently Reading: Lost in the Wilderness
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-clay.html
Latest Review: "The Lob Mob" by Tell Tale
fav_author_id: 2384

Post by Sarah Clay »

I also felt this book was lacking. (My favorite of the series had to have been The Mark of Athena or The Son of Neptune.) I did, however, like the last scene and the sailing of a long-awaited ship. :)
Latest Review: "The Lob Mob" by Tell Tale
makenna-16
Currently Reading: The Codex
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-makenna-16.html
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by makenna-16 »

I love this series! But I found that The Blood of Olympus lacked what all the books had. It didn't have a lot of Percy and Annabeth in it. (Just them like all the other books had). But over all I give it a 4/5 stars. I really enjoyed reading the series and hope that Rick Riordan writes more. :)
L_Franz
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Bookshelf Size: 2
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by L_Franz »

I liked this book, but I dont think was a good way to end the serise. The whole serise was leading towards this huge battle, but when it was fought, it didnt seem as huge of a battle as what was forshadowed. The battle was to short; it seemed to last for only a couple of pages. In Rick's first serise, the last big battle lasted for over half the book. I felt as if there were too many unaswered questions to end the serise.
Noriki23
Currently Reading: The Cruel Prince
Bookshelf Size: 952

Post by Noriki23 »

The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan

What I was hoping to get out of this final instalment was:
• More of Reyna.
• Percy being awesome and he and Annabeth living happily ever after.
• A really Epic finale.
• Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter staying separate, but forming a truce and maybe even hinting at inter camp events later on.
The romans and greeks stop hating each other and help each other with quests going into their respective territories

The Blood of Olympus is fast paced and quick to get into the action. The last instalment definitely doesn’t disappoint on action and suspense. It has all the Riordan elements and style I have come to love, even if the Percy awesomeness is a little lighter than in the other books. We get monster battling and butt kicking, parental god drama, sibling rivalry, bromances and sister hoods forming. :)
Wasif Ahmed
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasif-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00THRCA6E
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

This is amongst my favourite action series and like the author of this forum, i wanted to cry when i was finishing the last book of this series. If you loved this book then you are definetly going to love 'The Kane Chronicles' by the same author. The Kane Chronicles is even set in the same world as Percy's.
Half_Hatter
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">Wings</a>
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Half_Hatter »

Rick Riordan had really outdone himself with this book. He showed the contrast between the Roman and Greek while proving that there are common similarities that could work together. While yes, the prophecy said there was to be death, he did comply with it's wishes while finding a loophole. Throughout the entire series, he has slowly plained and placed certain scenes and words that dribbled down to this book. Everything that happened came to a conclusion at the end of the book while opening the opportunity of a new book or series to connect into, much like the Magnus Chase books or The Apollo Trails. Personally I love his works, and curious as to why he left the book open ended as he did with some of the characters.
AThousandLives
Currently Reading: Of Neptune
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-athousandlives.html

Post by AThousandLives »

I absolutely love EVERYTHING if it contains myths, action, love and of course PERCY JACKSON. Man, I was really scared to start the series because no othe character would be better than Percy for me. And even though after finishing the series, I got to the conclusion that no one would be as good as him, I enjoyed it so much! Maybe it' s just my addiction for everything Rick Riordan writes but I was really into these books. And have you seen that there is a follow up, Trials of Apollo? I can't wait to have enough money so that I can buy it.
seasonwalker
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seasonwalker.html

Post by seasonwalker »

Great book i loved it and i suggest anyone to read it

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”