Katniss Everdeen or Tris Prior

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sapphire1258
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sapphire1258.html

Katniss Everdeen or Tris Prior

Post by Sapphire1258 »

Which one do you prefer, I know they are both kick-butt characters but who connected to you more. For me it would be Tris, because she didn't know where she belonged and was confused and now she's one of the best female protagonist I've read.
jmlambert

Post by jmlambert »

I honestly prefer Katniss Everdeen.
I am not sure why. I guess mostly her choice of living, how she seems braver after her reality crashes
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

They are both pretty strong characters. I truly think it is a toss-up for me. :roll:
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
Tereseweng

Post by Tereseweng »

Katniss, she's a bit more true because she shows her emotions and aren't scared to admit she's afraid. She just don't like being afraid, but who does?
aclark02
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aclark02.html

Post by aclark02 »

I would have to go with Katniss, mostly because she isn't reckless without cause. This bugged me about Tris, particularly in Insurgent. Katniss is brave and compassionate without being oblivious to consequence in my opinion.
boireannach
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boireannach.html

Post by boireannach »

Personally, I connect more with Tris. Her inner monologue is much more similar to my own than Katniss's is. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Katniss, and The Hunger Games series is one of my favorites. I think I relate to both of them very well, as they are very easy to access characters. However, I feel that a lot of Katniss's choices in behavior -even starting at the beginning- stem from needing to please Snow to stay safe whereas Tris is really only defined, particularly in the second book (which I'm currently reading) -after she "debuts" as Divergent, by her own feelings which are very jumbled and under a lot of stress so she acts accordingly. I think she is brilliantly written as a character and I just connected with her instantly. By the end of the first two pages I was enamored with her as well as the writing style chosen for her.
RussetDivinity
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-russetdivinity.html
Latest Review: "Heart of Flint" by Scott Stricklen

Post by RussetDivinity »

I think I'm going to end up on the side of Katniss because her stakes were just so much higher from the very start. I really like that in a character, and I loved how she was completely uninterested in the love triangle forming around her.
Latest Review: "Heart of Flint" by Scott Stricklen
unicorny07
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unicorny07.html

Post by unicorny07 »

I'm so obsessed with both characters, but in the end I would have to say Tris. She was more relatable in terms of struggling while trying to find so much of herself. Katniss for the most part already knew who she was. Tris is just better for someone like myself who struggled greatly to find who I was for the longest time.
abookishblogger
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abookishblogger.html

Post by abookishblogger »

Katniss Everdeen

Tris, was way to reckless and didn't seem to care about the consequences her actions would have, Katniss, on the flipside, carefully considered her actions in most scenarios. I love both characters but I felt Katniss was truer, if that makes sense, she seemed more realistic and I preferred her. She didn't just risk her life for no reason, unlike Tris.
MarieMc
Currently Reading: Host
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariemc.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by MarieMc »

I Really loved some traits that Tris had. Considering her world was very limited and venturing into a new group had to be quite daunting (no pun intended) I'm not sure she was as reckless as she appeared, I think she did what she really thought she was supposed to do. However in the end her choice no matter the cost, hurt many. Tris loved one and didn't seem to have too much of a problem with knowing who she loved. Katniss is also brave and very skilled, she is thoughtful and generally gives lots of consideration to a situation before acting on it. But in matters of the heart she maybe had a lot more struggle. To me it is like comparing Apples and Oranges. They each have a good quality and they each have a bad, but I love them both. :D
Today is a good day
to have GOOD day!!
Sree Chinta
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sree-chinta.html

Post by Sree Chinta »

Katniss Everdeen is the better female protagonist than Tris Prior because she is more courageous and easier to connect with. For instance, Katniss's plight is more realistic than Tris's; while Katniss's situation is comparable to citizens of a dictatorship rebelling against their government, Tris's situation is unrealistic in that she has supernatural abilities. However, the similarities between the two characters are remarkable. Both of them live in dystopias, both of them make immense sacrifices for the sake of their loved ones, and both of them are leaders of rebellions.
MarieMc
Currently Reading: Host
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariemc.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by MarieMc »

I don't recall Tris had supernatural abilities, what were they?
Today is a good day
to have GOOD day!!
Fatima Ariana
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatima-ariana.html

Post by Fatima Ariana »

This is really hard since I love them both. I think Katniss is incredibly emotionally strong and such a powerful and well written character. Tris is also incredibly strong and really easy to relate to emotionally. But if I really had to choose, i'd have to go with Katniss.
Hadiqa
Favorite Author: Infinite
Favorite Book: Hundreds
Currently Reading: How The Wolf Lost Her Heart by Sarah
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hadiqa.html

Post by Hadiqa »

Definitely Katniss Everdeen, I love her character!!
“We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.”
—Ernest Hemingway

Reading Now:
Nothing -_- Because of School
lovablegeek123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lovablegeek123.html

Post by lovablegeek123 »

Katniss.

I think Katniss sees the consequences of her actions and plans things out accordingly..Tris however always dives head first in, then other characters help to catch up and fix the issue.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”