Hush Hush series

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bookaholic14
Currently Reading: Life and Death
Bookshelf Size: 373
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookaholic14.html
Latest Review: "Love Built to Last" by Lisa Ricard Claro
Reading Device: B00HNOWHRU

Re: Hush Hush series

Post by Bookaholic14 »

I remember picking up the first book in this series - I loved it! I believe this was the first "fallen angel" novel I had read, and I enjoyed the whole idea of fallen angels. I waited patiently for each of the following novels to be published. Admittedly, it was the cover that first caught my attention. It's true that a picture is worth a thousand words. It's amazing what a good cover can do to incite intrigue. This series helped open up and develop my interest in paranormal novels, as well as YA novels.
A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. – Neil Gaiman
Latest Review: "Love Built to Last" by Lisa Ricard Claro
gabbycro
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabbycro.html

Post by gabbycro »

I read the series about two years ago and fell in love with it. I sadly never got to finish the last book because of technical difficulties, but I was enthralled with the books. I read the first two books in a day because they kept me wanting more with each page. This series got me more interested in angels and anything along the lines of them. If you want to read a book series of more than three books, Hush, Hush is the one to pick.
ganjie7
Currently Reading: Code Name Verity
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ganjie7.html

Post by ganjie7 »

I was lucky to get these books as a gift for Christmas and read the whole series (trilogy at the time) on my plane ride home. A page turner indeed it was. After reading it again and seeing on Pinterest that there was a fourth book (Finale) I almost died. I had to reread the whole series to pick up where Finale had begun. Let's just say I was in a depressed book ending mood since the quartet had ended. :( I hope Becca Fitzpatrick has a series up her sleeve that will be relative to the dark edgy side of the Hush Hush series. She is a phenomenal writer I can't wait to see where she goes with her future in writing.
Wonderland__
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wonderland.html

Post by Wonderland__ »

I love these books. The first time when i read the summary i thought it's just another book with the bad boy and good girl but i was wrong. I started reading it just because of the summary of Crescendo, it sounded good and the next few days i couldn't put them down. I was a little disappointment to find out that there is not going to have a movie based on the first book. Well i am not sure if i can tell spoilers so it's hard to say my full opinion but basically these books are amazing. I love Patch, he is just amazing and the way he talk to her and act around her, everything he did to protect her. Everything she did just to give him something she knew he really wanted was really amazing either. This series are not what i thought they will be - just some love story - but it's so much more than that.
TashaS
Favorite Author: Carly Phillips
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 55738">The Proving</a>
Currently Reading: Guilty Pleasures
Bookshelf Size: 149
fav_author_id: 14270

Post by TashaS »

KBlovesbooks wrote:I really liked this series. I wanted to beat Nora every time she make a bad choice (which was the whole series). I liked the story. Patch and Nora were never going to be together. I am so disappointed in Hank. How could a father do the stuff he did and then make Nora promise to take over his warriors? I am still a little confused about that. Next, Nora's mom.... Really? She chooses a man over her daughter? No... No... No... Patch, Becca Fitzpatrick did make Patch a dreamy bad guy. What is not to love about this bad boy? He lies, he cheats, and he tried to kill Nora... I am sure that is why Nora loves him. Nora, she does not have her head on straight for this whole book. She chooses Patch over her own kind. She is addicted to devil craft. I guess young love is better than anything else. What do you think? Did you love to see Nora with the bad guy or beat your head against a wall every time she went back to Patch?
I thought Patch was kind of tormented. He was a good bad boy love interest.
I agree that Hank was ... well maybe disappointment isn't the word I would use...maybe disgusted is better.
Nora pissed me off because she was insecure, self-centered, and weak.

That being said, I didn't hate the series...but I also didn't recommend it.
crazyrussianmaria
Favorite Author: Margaret Mitchell
Currently Reading: Unearthly
Bookshelf Size: 414
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crazyrussianmaria.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 2998

Post by crazyrussianmaria »

I loved these series! Here's my review of the first installment: :P
(There might be a few small spoilers.)

I loved this whole series from the very beginning. Let’s just start of by talking about the gorgeous cover, which illustrates everything that this book is about. It’s dark, edgy and mysterious- all of these things are the essence of this book. Yes, I was attracted to this book through the cover but in this case the book’s cover and the story are equally as alluring, in every which way.

This book was sexy, without trying to be. Fitzpatrick’s writing is prompt and to the point, which makes for an intriguing, fast-paced read.

This first book, in particular, took me by surprise because it wasn’t as it appeared to be from the beginning. When we first meet Patch and he seems to be interested in Nora, it seems like the very usual way in which books like these start. But, unlike Twilight, it wasn’t just a plain “he-loves-her-she-loves-him-right-of-the-bat” kind of thing, no there was a secret about that which was revealed to us in the end of the first book and it made the whole story so much more intriguing and so much more satisfying when it was finally shown that they indeed did fall in love. It was that much more meaningful this way, when they finally did reveal it.

I also loved how complete of a character Patch was, especially him. All the characters were jumping out of the page at me but Patch did this the most. I think it’s because of his quiet nature, mysteriousness and just plain edginess. I also loved that he was so secretive and that the author didn’t lay out his whole life to us right off the bat. It made me keep reading, because I wanted to know what demons he had in his closet.

I loved that Patch was also flawed, obviously. He wasn’t your typical “handsome gentleman type” who comes in and sweeps the heroine off her feet. No. He was so much more then that, he really made the book come to life for me, especially since he wasn’t only edgy but had a sense of humor as well, his own. In a book as dark as this one, it was refreshing to have a few chuckles here and there.

Their dynamic was also great, I loved that even though they had rather opposite personalities, they ended up balancing each other out nicely. In this book opposites really do attract.

Also, the end of the book stumped me, completely. I did not think that the bad guy was indeed the bad guy, I guess I should just get used to always getting it wrong in most cases. Not that I mind, it makes for great exhilaration when I finally come to find out who the bad guy is.

And can we please spend a moment talking about Vee? Honestly, that chick not only made me laugh at her crazy dialogue but she also annoyed me at times too. I liked the fact that she reminded me somewhat of my own best friend, because that girl also annoys me and yet I love her for all her shortcomings and weird quirks.

In addition, the underlying conflict that is the glue that holds these books together was phenomenal. I loved that supernatural part of it, it was just the right amount of fantasy without going overboard and making it completely unbelievable. I mean, I’m not the biggest fan of fantasy but this book still seemed very realistic. It was like bringing a little bit of magic into ordinary, everyday life. It’s weird to say, but I think this books trumps Twilight for me. Yes, I still love Twilight and it’s one of my faves but this one tops the cake for me. I just wish there was a movie for this already or something, it would be so good.

All in all, this book is for anyone who likes dark romance and a story line that’s one of a kind and quite literary out of this world. Becca Fitzpatrick made me a believer and usually I don’t like reading all the books in a series, one right after the other, but in this case I couldn’t put any of these books down, at least until I was done.
Lorirainbowbright
Favorite Book: An Ember in the Ashes
Currently Reading: Burning Midnight
Bookshelf Size: 249
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorirainbowbright.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Lorirainbowbright »

I have the books but haven't started any of them yet. My niece read them and she loves them. She said there one of her favorite series.
lmoses
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmoses.html
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline

Post by lmoses »

I really enjoyed these books and have read them a few times because the plot never gets old. While Nora was sometimes frustrating to me, Patch was amazing bad boy to fall for. The books were easy to read and brought to life the story without over doing it.
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline
jenniferliu
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenniferliu.html

Post by jenniferliu »

The last time I read this series was a year ago and I only finished up to the third book. I absolutely loved Nora, Patch and the storyline. Unfortunately, I never finished it however I'm hoping to catch up this summer.
ReadingInfinity
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readinginfinity.html

Post by ReadingInfinity »

I've been looking to read this series for awhile Now, and from what I've heard here I think I definitely will be reading them! Thanks guys
Bluebird208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird208.html

Post by Bluebird208 »

I absolutely adored this series! It's probably my favourite book series. When I was reading it though, I found myself constantly getting angry at Nora every time she made a bad decision, which was often. Becca Fitzpatrick is a truly amazing author, and that's just my honest opinion.
CapriceM
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades of Grey
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-capricem.html

Post by CapriceM »

I really loved this series! When I read it, it was like falling in love with Patch ? My husband still remembers Patch's name and the books because of how much I talked about them when I read them (4 years ago). It's one of my favorite series.
Kasey21

Post by Kasey21 »

Loved them!
erica_bvs
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 668">Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince</a>
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erica-bvs.html

Post by erica_bvs »

These books are fantastic! The kind of books that I will read again and again! Perfect for anyone looking for a love story plus so much more!
barb429
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barb429.html
Latest Review: "Tears That Changed a Nation" by Charles L. Tucker
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by barb429 »

I read the first in the series for a class that I was taking on YA fiction. It really wasn't my type of book, but I can see why many people enjoyed it. A little too much romance for my taste. However, I have recommended the series to people who I feel as though would enjoy it. My sister loved it.
Latest Review: "Tears That Changed a Nation" by Charles L. Tucker

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”