Review of Saving Ariel

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Darlings O
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlington-onuoha.html
Latest Review: Imperfect Lives Perfect Grace by Dr. E.M. Johnson

Review of Saving Ariel

Post by Darlings O »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Saving Ariel" by Molly Kendall.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Life is made up of experiences. It doesn't matter if they are good or bad. Our experiences throughout our lives shape us. It is the reason why people react to a particular situation differently. When one experiences a very traumatic event or is the victim of abuse, something is broken inside them, and their actions and reactions become abnormal. This is the case with Ariel, the main character in the book Saving Ariel by Molly Kendall.

Ariel was the victim of extreme abuse. This affected her life and her relationships with others. She loved books because she loved to escape into a new world. Axel Stone's entrance into her life changed her life for the better as he pushed her to move past her hurt and pain. This book highlights her struggles.

The positive aspects of this book are substantial and worthy of mention. First, we see the power of a loving, supportive, and robust family. Without a strong support system, Ariel would have suffered more from her ordeal and would have fallen down the rabbit hole. Also, the fact that they did not treat her like a broken toy but instead treated her like a normal, capable person was really admirable. It is a well-known fact that people who go through such things hate being pitied. A good friend is priceless, and we see how that applied to Axel and Chase's relationship. I also admired Axel and Tyler's relationship. A good friend will try to prevent you from self-destruction. This book also highlighted the evils that exist in society. It tells us to be wary of the people we move with and call friends.

This book has some negative aspects. I found some errors in this book; another editing round would help clear these up. Also, in my opinion, while Ariel was strong emotionally, she seemed to lack a lot physically. She was also portrayed as a damsel in distress, which in my opinion, is not the best way to encourage victims of abuse.

Nevertheless, I am encouraged to give this book a 4 out of 4 stars. I'm giving this rating because I am impressed by the storyline, and the diction is impressive. Also, the book is a source of encouragement to abused people worldwide. They can move past their pain. I did not give this book a lower rating because the errors I found were not enough to compel me to deduct a star.

I recommend this book to victims of abuse. They are not alone. Also, it is an excellent book to unwind with. In general, this book would be enjoyed by anyone looking for a fantastic book to read.

Saving Ariel
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I wish Ariel was stronger and not portrayed so much as a victim. I’m glad, though that her family was able to see past the abuse and give her help.
Abbigail Williams
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Abbigail Williams »

We are affected by so many things as humans in this journey call life whether personal or social relationships and when you have a strong family or individuals to support you positively through out your life with challenges you face .This book gives you courage and inspiration there's hope you can overcome your silent pain and struggles.
ibrahim bishar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibrahim-bishar.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by ibrahim bishar »

With strong support system and loving partners, it's possible to overcome any struggles or pain we've been through.
Pauls_
Currently Reading: A Dagger In The Heart
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul.html
Latest Review: Recognizing Beauty by Cyndi Burrough

Post by Pauls_ »

It's unfortunate that people still go through abuse. I admire her family and friends for helping her through tough times. She should also be applauded for allowing herself to heal.
Sejal Mahajan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sejal-mahajan.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Sejal Mahajan »

Thank you for such a good review. The review gained my complete attention right from the first paragraph. I totally agree with the reviewer about how abuse breaks something inside of you. I am looking forward to reading the book. Also, I agree that ariel should have been shown a stronger character rather than a damsel in distress. It is because this book has a audience of victims of abuse and not everyone has a savior other than themselves.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Great to see that Ariel was loved and supported. I hope she pulled through. Thank you for the review.
Masa1
Currently Reading: Creation 1954
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Masa1 »

It’s really an interesting book.
Ariel remind me of myself, which is why this book caught my attention.
This book really encouraged me to have some hope and faith in humanity.
Sharon Christanto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon-christanto.html
Latest Review: The path from backpack to briefcase 2nd. idition by R. William Holland, PhD
Reading Device: B09N3YBXCN

Post by Sharon Christanto »

This book caught my attention, I'd really like to know more about Ariel's support system and her friendship with Axel. Thanks for the review!
Blessing Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-odii.html
Latest Review: The Proximity of Stars by Benedict Stuart

Post by Blessing Odii »

Experiences in life build us into who we are. Great review.
Pauline Parnell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Beyond the Clouds, the Sky is Blue
Bookshelf Size: 517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pauline-parnell.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Pauline Parnell »

Ariel is a lot like countless young girls. Abused as a child, as they get older, they have to grapple with the emotional distress. Sometimes it takes the love and support of others to get these girls through. Thank you for the review.
Crystal-lingo

Post by Crystal-lingo »

Sml I went through the similar situation has Ariel abuse is real and it’s good to have someone to talk to about it because it can lead to a lot of things thanks for the reviews
Emel Harding
Currently Reading:

Post by Emel Harding »

Abuse is something that can actually tramutize yo for life it affects your mental state of mind.having some one to talk to is so important.
Amanda Pearcy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-pearcy.html
Latest Review: One If by Carol B Allen

Post by Amanda Pearcy »

Trauma has many different forms and everyone who experiences it reacts to it differently. Ariel definitely sounds like a strong person who has been through a lot and lived to tell the tale. Thank you for you review. I look forward to reading this book.
Njamwea

Post by Njamwea »

Ariel must have had a bad experience before meeting Axel and this makes one wonder,why do the right people come after experiencing the worst storm in their life.Anyway it's just like a coin it has head and the tail so if one thing start then it will have an end to it.I would give this book a 6 depending on the story line.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”