Review of The Sparks In My Skull

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review of The Sparks In My Skull

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Sparks In My Skull" by I D Atkinson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Sparks In My Skull by I D Atkinson is a fictional book. To be specific, it is a young adult dystopian read. The book has action, thrill, humor, emotion, and tragedy. It is a perfect blend of all the great genres, which makes it a refreshing and entertaining book. The book will make the readers both laugh and cry.

Migraines were common among people. But as time passed, the brain evolved, and the migraine developed into Aether. People with Aether have strange abilities like magical powers. But they ultimately die. Aethereals can exhibit different kinds of abilities like seeing the future, moving things with the mind, mind communication, etc. The government is hunting down people with migraines as it believed that Aethereals are terrorists and possess danger to others. Things get worse, and Flynn and Echo are forced to leave their home. They end up at ‘The Farm’, which is claimed to be a safe house for people like them. But they discover tragic secrets, and their struggle for survival becomes harder.

The book is about two youngsters with abilities that are considered to be a threat to the community. A manhunt is going on to chase this kind of human being. Echo and Flynn start at different places but end up together, and their lives get entangled. There are death and emotional breakdowns in the book.

I loved the writing of the author. It was the best thing about the book. The story was authentic and the concept genuine. The format of the book was perfect as well. Honestly, there is nothing to dislike about the book. I loved the story and the adventure in it. Most of the young adult reads have some romance of a love story in them, but this is not the case with this book. The characters and their relationships are very realistic.

Coming to the editing part, I did not find any noticeable typos or errors in the book. Thus, it is nicely edited. It does contain profanity and vulgarity in the dialogue. But I did not find it an issue that interfered with my reading experience.

On the whole, I will rate this a 4 out of 4 stars read. The story is interesting, I loved the characters, and there are no typos in the book. Hence, the perfect rating.

Readers who love to read sci-fi will love this book. I strictly recommend this book to fans of the young adult genre. Action lovers will also enjoy this read. Readers who like to read about bold and strong youngsters who stand against bullies should also give this book a try. I hope you enjoy the book as much as I did.

The Sparks In My Skull
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Purplesturv
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purplesturv.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Purplesturv »

The book title is captivating and its blend of genres will make it an amazing, versatile read. Thanks for the thorough review.
Yulisa Sanchez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yulisa-sanchez.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Yulisa Sanchez »

The premise of the story sounds very unique especially since I do get migraines, it would be cool to read about having powers from them. I also like how this book is very well written with relatable characters and realistic experiences. Thanks for the great review! I look forward to reading it.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”