Review of Einstein's Compass

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emily_Jen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-jen.html
Latest Review: Social Media Marketing Strategy by S. M. H. Gibson

Review of Einstein's Compass

Post by Emily_Jen »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Einstein's Compass" by Grace Blair.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In the astral realm, the meditation session of four mystical travelers is cut short when the supernatural power of the Shamir Stone is activated on Earth. This is surprising, as they thought they possessed the only remnant of the stone. From their findings, a previously dormant compass fell off from the ark housing the stone centuries ago and has found its way into the hands of a boy named Albert. The activation of the stone in his hands suggests that he has an important destiny.

Meanwhile, the mystical travelers aren’t the only ones that have noticed the stone’s presence on Earth. Raka, a fallen angel of light, has awakened from centuries of slumber after sensing the power from the stone. After centuries of failure, Raka now has another opportunity to obtain the Shamir Stone. He intends to use the power to exert revenge on his twin brother, Arka. Raka had always been jealous of Arka and blamed him for his ordeals. The travelers must now protect Albert from Raka, who would go to unimaginable lengths to get “his stone.” Would Raka succeed? What is Albert’s destiny? Who exactly is Arka, and how is he connected with Albert? The answers to the questions and more are contained in Einstein’s Compass by Grace Blair and Laren Bright.

I think the most interesting aspect of the story is that it could pass for what may have happened in real life. I say this because some of the events in this book coincide with certain recorded experiences that took place not only in Albert Einstein's life but also in the lives of some other characters. These similarities gave the fiction side of the tale a hint of realism. For example, the events that led to Albert Einstein seeking education in Switzerland and his eventual development of the theory of light were smartly included as part of the story. Akhenaten, who tried to introduce the worship of "One God" in Egypt, Moses, who led the Israelites out of Egypt, and Jesus were mystical travelers with real-life similarities to the story.

Another thing I enjoyed about the novel is its plot. The writers did a great job of arranging the sequence of events into an easy-to-follow plot. The authors started by explaining how Raka fell from his position as an angel of light and what obtaining the stone would mean for him. As a result, I was able to feel the stone's power from where I sat. The character development is also excellent. I felt like I knew each character personally. Another thing that added to the character development is the narration. I listened to the audio version, and the narrator gave each character a unique voice in dialogue, which helped me decipher who was talking at every point.

The only part of the story I found disappointing was the scene of Albert’s encounter with one of Raka’s minions called Countess Victoria Van Baden. I don’t know how someone could throw away their advantage in the way the story suggested. I mean, you had your enemy where you wanted them, and you somehow managed to intoxicate yourself, spill the details of your plan to the enemy you wanted to kill, and put your life at their mercy. That’s probably all I can say about the matter because I don’t want to give away any spoilers, but I found the whole scene unrealistic.

Nonetheless, 4 out of 4 stars is my rating for the novel. The negative point I cited in my previous paragraph is negligible when compared to the positive points. Overall, this book is excellent. I did notice one slight error in the audio I listened to, but it was nothing too serious. I can say the book is professionally edited. Young-adult and adult readers interested in mystical fiction stories would enjoy this read. There are excerpts from the Bible in the text, but I don’t think it would offend any reader, so the book is suitable for all religious groups.

Einstein's Compass
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Shivansh_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivansh-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Shivansh_Reviews »

Very well written review portraying the goods and bads of the story. Learned a good deal about the plot as well. Thanks for the review.
Michael Agomuo
Currently Reading: Working At The Warehouse
Bookshelf Size: 34

Post by Michael Agomuo »

Shamir really want to revange his twins death
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Killing Shore
Bookshelf Size: 2389
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

Though I've always enjoyed the combination of fantasy with actual historical events, the plot of this book seems too outlandish for me. And Albert Einstein is certainly the best character to include in a time-travel story.
Thank you!
Petronila O
Favorite Book: Annihilation
Currently Reading: Free Fish Friday
Bookshelf Size: 556

Post by Petronila O »

What a wonderful book I love Einstein wonders theories this is my kind of book I will highly recommend it 💯💖
Cherybola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherybola.html
Latest Review: The Elephant Tooth of '95 by Rana Baydoun

Post by Cherybola »

I really like this review, the reviewer made it so that you'd want to read to understand Angel Raka, Albert and Angel Arka . The mystical infusion in the story makes it one I'd like to read.
Favour Uwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-uwa.html
Latest Review: The Elephant Tooth of '95 by Rana Baydoun
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Favour Uwa »

The book seems classical and mystical, too. I'm curious about the biblical allusions and would want to know more about the book. Thanks for an interesting review.
Gabriela Contreras
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriela-contreras.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Gabriela Contreras »

I like that this book mixes (or compliments) its fiction with some realism. This book sounds very interesting, a very enjoyable young-adult book. I love when characters feel real, when they have grown but still are imperfect. Thank you
Duke Nwador
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-duke-nwador.html
Latest Review: Conversing with Various Entities by Mary Ellen Wall

Post by Duke Nwador »

Wow, there must have been some wonderful mystical events in the story which I would like to read about. Great review
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

A nice mystical fiction story book "Einstein's Compass" by Grace Blair, which follows four mystical travelers whose meditation session of is cut short by a supernatural power. An entertainer book I think.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Amy Luman
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

There have been many times that I wanted to defeat my brother, but totally destroying him is something else entirely. I would agree that all advantages received by either side should be protected.
tarafarah7
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1427
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Today's BOTD is a YA mystical fiction novel that will make readers feel like they are watching everything unfold before their very eyes. Filled with well-developed characters, descriptive scenes, and a super engaging storyline, fans of the genre will definitely want to check this one out some more! Thanks so much for your helpful review! :-)
Musa Jonny
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Musa Jonny »

:D 😁Well written,loved the combination of both realistic and fiction ideas ,..though when it comes to the fiction part,I think they should have brought it a little bit to life ..
George Myles
Favorite Book: Randy the Irresistible
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-george-myles.html
Latest Review: ABM is B2B. by Sangram Vajre

Post by George Myles »

Everything about supernatural powers just intrigues me. Therefore I would like to read this book and get to know more details.
Thank you for the wonderful review
Mathurambiga Maniom
Favorite Book: Shiver
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mathurambiga-maniom.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mathurambiga Maniom »

I found that this book is quite complicated, as for me, since this story flows as revenge in a supernatural power of stones. However, this book is reviewed that the story is realistic that will boost the readers up to read till the end.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”