Review of Cruising through the Teens, easier than it seems

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Review of Cruising through the Teens, easier than it seems

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Cruising through the Teens, easier than it seems" by Jerry Schaefer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do you remember when you were a teenager trying to fit in with a particular crowd? I remember always keeping to myself and never having to worry about fitting in with others. Even still, I would listen to my siblings’ struggles with this. School stress was another plight that affected every one of us as teens. Is there a better way to handle all of these pressures? Jerry Schaefer understands what teens go through and decided to write Cruising Through The Teens - Easier Than It Seems to help them out. He addresses topics including, but not limited to, expectations from parents and other authority figures, body confidence, task management, thinking, and ego control. Has your teen been struggling with life changes and responsibility? This book could be just the one you need to help them out.

If a reader is expecting an easy read, they should reconsider this title. The information in this book is deep and requires a heightened sense of understanding to apply the information given by the author. I enjoyed reading about what thinking is truly about and the author’s explanation of the two sides to every person. Mr. Jerry explained these ideas more deeply in the section about in-person and online bullying. I liked that he chose to include them in the bullying section of the book because it was easy to see how they are used to handle bullying.

Due to societal pressure, many teenagers believe that social media is unavoidable. Mr. Schaefer knows about and understands the frustrations that teens go through; this makes his advice practical and authentic. Even adults struggle with having to keep up with the trendiest topics in the world. I enjoyed this chapter because the author effectively got on the teenage reader’s level and helped them understand that they are not alone in this predicament.

The decision to use profanity is something that I believe the author could have avoided. I understand he wanted to get on the same level as a teenager, but using the words “shitless” and “damn” felt out of place. I did not expect a book about changing one’s thinking and mindset to have any profanity. Sadly, this left a sour taste in my mouth.

I believe this book was professionally edited because there was only one error in it. I wanted to give this book four stars, but I could not get over the use of foul language. I give Cruising Through The Teens - Easier Than It Seems 3 out of 4 stars. Two stars would be insulting because the content is well written, and any teenager with a will to learn and apply its contents would likely enjoy this book. I recommend this title to teenagers in later middle school or early high school grades looking for help with navigating change. Even first-time college students could benefit from this book because they face new pressures as well.

Cruising through the Teens, easier than it seems
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
onyii_review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyii-review.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by onyii_review »

This book is very essential in this time where social media is the talk of the day, especially for teens. Amazing review
Uzzy_Reviews
Pearl Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-thomas.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Pearl Thomas »

Back as a teenager, there was always this dilemma of blending with pop culture but also staying true to oneself. Thanks for your review; it was quite thorough and interesting to read.
Iqra Rafiq 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iqra-rafiq-1.html
Latest Review: Heroes of Atlantis by Ryan Carriere

Post by Iqra Rafiq 1 »

I topic of the book is very sensitive, we all have been in our teens at one stage of life .Everyone has enjoyed their teenage, many of us have got bullied, many of us have done something under peer pressure . We all need to talk about the young suicides and the depression these teenagers go through. Definitely considering this book a must-read.
Patrick Musembi
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Patrick Musembi »

• wow!very powerful to teenagers who face a lot of challengesin their daily live changes👌
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

Teenagers can relate to this book📕
Great review🍀
:tiphat:
Adrian Rondon Salazar
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adrian-rondon-salazar.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Adrian Rondon Salazar »

I don't mind that this book has profanities. I am an adult, but I think I can find valuable information in this book; for example, how to deal with social networks, how to face changes, and how to improve confidence. Thanks for the review.
DipakRC
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DipakRC »

:D we all have been in our teens at one stage of life .Everyone has enjoyed their teenage, many of us have got bullied, many of us have done something under peer pressure. Definitely considering this book a must-read.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: The Blandford Fly by D.N. Moore

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

Cruising through the Teens, easier than it seems by Jerry Schaeffer gave tips on handling peer pressure as a teenager. I recommend this to teens. Great book.
Kendal Low
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Billboards Across America by D.J. Parsons

Post by Kendal Low »

Even in my 20's, I can still remember the difficulty that was being a teenager in highschool. Constantly worrying about whether I had enough friends or if people liked me enough are just some issues that I am so glad to have grown out of. I think this book could have benefited me greatly as a teenager and I hope it does for the teenagers of today.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Even if I'm not a teen, I still want to read a book because it sounds like there are tips for handling social media, and I'm interested in it. Good review Kaitlyn.
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 80354
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 793%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

Book of the day ( BOTD) is non fiction and self-help guide for teenagers too look inwards and learn how to let go chaotic psyche's! Schaefer gives examples explaining without preaching too much in a unique useful style that won off-putt the teens who would bereading this book . Schaefer also answer teens on how to handle social media, technology, their me _time to change their attitude, Schaefer also talked about bullying, ego, perfection, normalcy, judgement the words teens would like to hear, I like how the author drives the point home in a teenager thinking capacity.this book worths my recommendation 💯✅ and I like how the reviewer gave it an awesome review making it so easy to read and understand
FLbookie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by FLbookie »

Thank you for your review. This looks to be helpful for many, although I don't have teens or even know any. A good reference for navigation though.
busisiwe5754
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-busisiwe5754.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by busisiwe5754 »

I like your review, thank you. I believe that as a teacher I will recommend this book for my learner's. It's very informative. Congratulations to the author for the BOTD!
Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 259
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocky-ellery-james-tumbelaka.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka »

Thank you for the comprehensive review! I don't think I will read this book, but maybe I pass it on to someone who need it. Although the profanity coild be a deterrent, like you said.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”