Review: Eragon by Christopher Paolini

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lisathereader76
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisathereader76.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Official Review: Eragon by Christopher Paolini

Post by Lisathereader76 »

i loved Eragon and Christopher Paolini. I have warched his vids for it on youtube. I loved the series I was about 21 or 22 when i read it. Can wait for a A sea of Stars to come out and the 5th one in series whenever it comes out
PhyllisAnne
Currently Reading: Into the Wild
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phyllisanne.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by PhyllisAnne »

This was one of my favorite books in middle school. At the time that I read it, I had a totally different response to the length and language. Rather than being intimidated by it, I thought that it made me look smarter to be reading such a long book with more difficult language. But it was the plot that kept me hooked on reading it.
nfdoughe
Favorite Author: Frances Hodgson Burnett
Favorite Book: Till We Have Faces
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 142
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nfdoughe.html
Latest Review: Willow James and the Queen of U’i’s Crown by Jett Blackk
fav_author_id: 2591

Post by nfdoughe »

I am not a big fan of Eragon and the rest of Paolini's series, but I appreciate the creativity. It certainly has continued to be popular, and I believe he just came out with something new. Shame about the movie version though.
VSuraj
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vsuraj.html
Latest Review: Justice by Scott Hughes

Post by VSuraj »

This series is considered as high fantasy, similar to Lord of the Rings and other stories, so we can expect certain things: someone from a small village embarks on a big adventure, where they encounter magic, elves, dwarves, trolls, dragons and the like, to stop a powerful enemy. With that being said, I do think the author did a good job of presenting an interesting story.
Is it great enough to be considered a fantasy classic? Maybe, maybe not, but it's a good read to pass the time.
And I agree with others about the movie...a waste of potential!
Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic - J.K. Rowling
unpocoraro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unpocoraro.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick

Post by unpocoraro »

The Eragon saga was one of my favorite books as a kid, and it remained in my top favorites for a long time..until I reread it as an adult. Looking at it now, the writing is weak. To be fair, it was written by a teenager, and for that it's amazing. But I think the best children's books are the ones that can be appreciated to an extent by everyone, at any age.
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

This was one of my favourite books in my teenage years. I'd love to reread it if I get some time. Thank you for the review.
Carlos Mata Saenz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlos-mata-saenz.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Carlos Mata Saenz »

I loved this book and, mostly, the series. I felt so much into it and the story. However, I felt so disappointed with the Eragon film (so different to the book!) and with the end of the last book. Still, I have really good memories of it, specially this first book.
Sav Sparkman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by Sav Sparkman »

As a young reader, I fell in love with the fantastical elements of this story! It is still a world that my mind wanders back to from time to time, and probably my first encounter with dragons that began a life long love affair for them. Lol. As a preteen I also thought it was very cool that the author was so young when he wrote the first book, and it really encouraged me to start writing at a young age.
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” —Helen Keller
Adéla Kapicová
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ad-la-kapicov.html
Latest Review: Replaced Parts by Stephanie Hansen

Post by Adéla Kapicová »

I love Eragon, I read it like 10 times. I´m curious - have you already read Murtagh? And did you like it? I have it already prepared on my shelf, but I wanna re-read the series before I start it. :)
Kaitlin Bryant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlin-bryant.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Kaitlin Bryant »

I'm currently listening to the audiobook of Eldest! I remembered liking them very much as a teenager. I'm not sure if it is because I am older and have read a lot more fantasy but I find myself getting bored in some parts.
Hopefully, the books will pick up for me again.
Kaitlin Bryant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlin-bryant.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Kaitlin Bryant »

Adéla Kapicová wrote: 08 Mar 2024, 20:45 I love Eragon, I read it like 10 times. I´m curious - have you already read Murtagh? And did you like it? I have it already prepared on my shelf, but I wanna re-read the series before I start it. :)
I'm currently re-reading the whole series because my husband got me Murtagh for Christmas. I'm on Eldest! I'm excited to get to Murtagh.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”