Dorothy Must Die

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
erica_bvs
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 668">Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince</a>
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erica-bvs.html

Re: Dorothy Must Die

Post by erica_bvs »

I love reading different versions of fairy tales and classics. I can't wait to read this book!
crazilydramatic
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 104

Post by crazilydramatic »

I kinda want to read this book, but I've heard mixed opinions about it. Not sure if I want to spend money on it yet.
JBKane1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by JBKane1 »

I read this, along with the other novels. I'm currently working on the novellas. I have been hooked on these books since the very first chapter. They're all quick reads and are quite entertaining. I really liked the progression of Dorothy becoming bad, and the elements which make the lion, scarecrow, and tin man so terrifying yet alluring.
barb429
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barb429.html
Latest Review: "Tears That Changed a Nation" by Charles L. Tucker
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by barb429 »

Every time I go to a bookstore I find myself drawn to this book, but have never picked it up. The premise of it definitely sounds interesting to me. I will need to pick it up next time I see it.
Latest Review: "Tears That Changed a Nation" by Charles L. Tucker
Britney DeCamp
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Britney DeCamp »

For my first book review I'd like to discuss Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige. It puts a great twist on the story we all know and love. It might change your opinions on the beloved characters such as, Dorothy and her companions. It introduces new characters. In Overall I'd rate this book a 5/5 stars. It had amazing details. In Conclusion, this book is a good read and I'd recommend it to young adults and adults alike.
psychopathycathy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1344
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-psychopathycathy.html
Latest Review: Notes of Sorrow Songs Of Joy by Robert Lauri

Post by psychopathycathy »

This is definitely one of my favorite series! I adore how the author placed her own spin on a commonly known story. I've always been a fan of fairy tale retellings, and I loved how the story for this was set up and how the characters were described and developed. The plot was one heck of a wild ride!
Goharstu

Post by Goharstu »

I knew I had to pick this book up the moment I read the title.Dorothy Must Die was everything I was hoping for and better.If you love wicked retellings of classics or fairy tales then this is the book for you. At first you may be skeptical of how Dorothy Must Die but as you read further everything starts to make sense.Simply saying once you pick it up it's hard to put down.
Bryt11

Post by Bryt11 »

I've been wanting to read this ever since I first heard about it. I love reading different takes on classic/well known stories.
Vscholz
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vscholz.html
Latest Review: Primrose’s Curse by Kiara Shankar, Vinay Shankar
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Vscholz »

I have read this series and I think I enjoy the novellas more than the main story. I kept seeing it at Hastings (when they still existed) and finally picked up a copy to read. I found an interesting line in the first book about the Tin Man and his ability to choose (I think--I don't remember exactly) and it led me to include the series in my doctoral dissertation.

I really liked this series... until the end. I won't post any spoilers here, but I will say I was a bit disappointed.
As for you & your heart & the things you said & didn't say, she will remember them all when men are fairy tales in books written by rabbits. (Schmendrick the Magician)
camillegermo
Currently Reading: This Will Only Hurt a Little
Bookshelf Size: 71

Post by camillegermo »

I LOVE The Wizard of Oz and I especially loved Dorothy Must Die. I read it when I was 16. I still have to read the sequels though.
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

I love wizard of Oz !! This will my next must read book.
Sarah_Tricia
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: Gideon the Ninth
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-tricia.html
Latest Review: Hero by Danielle Bouthillier
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Sarah_Tricia »

I love it when someone tries 'what happens when a hero goes bad', and this story was a success at it. Who knew sweet little Dorothy would make a good villain?
VISHWA129
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vishwa129.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by VISHWA129 »

Can someone let me know if the rest of this series is worth it? I read the first three books in the series, as well as novella bind-up, but I read them years ago so I don't remember much of the plot and would have to reread all the books to actually remember what happens. I never picked up the last(?) book in the series, though I remember enjoying myself while reading the first few books. However, I also remember feeling that the second and third books didn't live up to the first, and I was worried that the end wouldn't be a satisfying and worthwhile conclusion. Now, I feel so far distanced from the series now and I don't know if it's worth it to finish now. If anyone has finished the entire series, please let me know if I should continue with it.
gatuguta2030
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gatuguta2030.html
Latest Review: Spirit of the Season by Brian Lamont

Post by gatuguta2030 »

Gfarrell wrote: 03 Jun 2014, 18:06 It sounds very interesting and very a huge plot twist on the original Wizard of Oz.
Very well said.
lwahls2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lwahls2.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by lwahls2 »

Oh I haven't read this but now I definitely want to! I loved the Movie the Wizard of Oz and the book as well.
Laura Martin

“Because when you are imagining, you might as well imagine something worthwhile.”
― Lucy Maud Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”