Review: The Selection Series, by Kiera Cass

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
littlebook
Favorite Author: J.K Rowling
Favorite Book: Will Grayson Will Grayson
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-littlebook.html
Latest Review: "River of Fire" by Darrell Case

Re: Review: The Selection Series, by Kiera Cass

Post by littlebook »

I love the idea of this novel. It sounds great. I'll be adding it to my TBR pile!!
Latest Review: "River of Fire" by Darrell Case
BadrQamra
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-badrqamra.html
Latest Review: "Warm Front" by Mark A. York

Post by BadrQamra »

I found this Series to be very interesting. I especially enjoyed the first book in the series, the second book not so much but the third book was definitely a page turner, I couldn't stop reading it. I enjoy the author's writing style and the story is intriguing and realistic, no super powers and stuff. Apart from the bipolar tendencies of the main character America, I liked it. I mean there are many good things about America, mainly her ability to choose to do the right thing even at her own expense, which makes her a revolutionary. However, when it comes to her own personal life she is not that brave, on the contrary she gives the impression of being a coward, not sure of what or who she wants, always wanting to have a back plan in case, and not brave enough to Love without conditions. Her indecisiveness meant that the story kept revolving around the same pole over and over again, but then at end the story moved forward nicely.
Latest Review: "Warm Front" by Mark A. York
Linda7228
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Blood Weddings by Federico Garcia Lorca
Currently Reading: Heist Society
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linda7228.html
Latest Review: "The Sham" by Ellen Allen
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Linda7228 »

I liked this series, it was good it had some action and some romance. Kiera Cass created a great dystopian world but as the series progressed I found myself a little annoyed with the main character. It's a great book but there are others out there that are so much better. Would it be a good movie? Yes, because of all the Cinderella, Prince Charming meets the Bachelor theme. The castle, the dresses and the grandeur of it would make a great visual effect. The plot is good and you're probably going to end up reading all of them just because you will want to see how it ends.
“And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
Latest Review: "The Sham" by Ellen Allen
jamiegilt
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamiegilt.html

Post by jamiegilt »

I can't wait to read this! I've been looking for something that will captivate me the way that the Divergent series did. This sounds great!
Ebook6

Post by Ebook6 »

I surprisingly enjoyed this series although parts of it were a little long and didn't really interest me. Overall, I really liked this series though.
Court-27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-court-27.html

Post by Court-27 »

This series captured my attention from the first book and I am excited to see where it goes in the forth book coming out in May.
hpsecrets99
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: Jurassic Park
Currently Reading: The Spectacular Now
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hpsecrets99.html
Latest Review: "Suppliant" by Laura Tree
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by hpsecrets99 »

I've only read the first two books in this series, but I absolutely loved them! Can't wait to get my hands on The One!
Latest Review: "Suppliant" by Laura Tree
Veraccolacci
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: The Alchemist
Currently Reading: The Mortal Instruments
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by Veraccolacci »

I am in love with this books!
But, I am more in love with Maxon. Like common' who doesn't wants a hot, charming, sweet prince to treat you like the queen of his life?

America made me nuts with her indecisiveness but at the end, I think I would be friends with her.
She is the best option he has and yet... he doubts.

At some parts my heart was racing and others it was hurt.

But its true, its a saga that is worth the read.
Original, demanding, emotional at 100%

I thought Book 3 was the end... But Kiera decided to make me happier with a new book on the series!
bronwynrb
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bronwynrb.html

Post by bronwynrb »

I love the selection its such a fun book and a quick read. can't wait to read the third book. Aspen or maxom?
Skylar41
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skylar41.html

Post by Skylar41 »

I have read the Selection series and about to read the last book. It's a really great book and is a must read!
ngocbao

Post by ngocbao »

I liked the story a happy ending.
------------------------------------------
DawnEL

Post by DawnEL »

I loved this series. It was one of the few that have come out recently that I really enjoyed all of the books. Most of the time I have an issue with book 2 of a series but the Selection series was superb all the way through. I'm also super excited for the fourth book to come out.
elovesbooks
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elovesbooks.html

Post by elovesbooks »

I haven't read The One yet, but the first two books are so good! I love cheesy romance books with a sweet, hot guy, so I loved these books. I admire America's strength and Aspen's determination even though I ship America and Maxon.
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

This book is 372 pages and I gave it 2 stars. I hated how the main character used a kind prince and her boyfriend to make herself feel better. The story doesn't pick up until the middle of the book, and even then it lacks interest.
Norma_Rudolph
Favorite Author: Mary Stewart
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =4245">The Gift of Lies</a>
Currently Reading: Enchantment
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-norma-rudolph.html
Latest Review: "Desolate" by Stephanie Binding
fav_author_id: 10582

Post by Norma_Rudolph »

aphrodite wrote:This book is 372 pages and I gave it 2 stars. I hated how the main character used a kind prince and her boyfriend to make herself feel better. The story doesn't pick up until the middle of the book, and even then it lacks interest.
That's an interesting way to look at it. Can't say I agree however, I can't see how using them (if indeed she was) could possible make her feel better. I think the point of the book was more that she felt so bad because she thought she was using them.
Latest Review: "Desolate" by Stephanie Binding

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”