Official Review: Edward Patrick: The Discovery Within

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JKO
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jko.html
Latest Review: 7 Ways To Manage Pain With CBD by David Anthony Schroeder

Official Review: Edward Patrick: The Discovery Within

Post by JKO »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Edward Patrick: The Discovery Within" by Paul Kasprzak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“When I confront God, he will strip me of this necklace and then banish me to the underworld. After realizing he cannot destroy the jewels, he will ask you all to hide them in the mortal world. God will give one of the six stones to the Archangel Michael. After we take care of Michael, we take the jewels, open the portal, and take over Earth and the Heavens.” In the previous statements, Lucifer addresses five angels as they plan to overthrow God.

Lucifer’s angel followers proceed to Earth to instigate a war that would lead Archangel Michael into a trap to obtain his jewel. However, Michael seems to be steps ahead. He obtains the jewels of the other five rogue angels, but his power is broken in the process. As a result, he must trust his human allies to place the jewels at designated points, pending the emergence of six special people that can wield six unique weapons to defeat Lucifer and destroy the jewels. With Lucifer growing impatient, can his minions find the jewels? Who are the six? Can they fulfill their destinies? Find answers to the previous questions and more in this piece of fiction called Edward Patrick: The Discovery Within by Paul Kasprzak.

I was pulled into the story very quickly as I read how the author correlated the events of Lucifer's banishment from Heaven with the American Revolutionary War. I like when real-life stories are twisted into fiction tales in a way that leaves the reader thinking that the tale may have been what actually transpired. Needless to say, the book's plot is excellent and easy to follow. I had a clear picture of what the central story was about and wasn’t confused at any point with the storyline. I can’t think of anything there is to dislike about this read. The book earns an easy 4 out of 4 stars since I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

Additionally, I liked that the writer did a great job with character development. The dialogue between the characters not only helped me understand them better but also gave the story a sense of immediacy and fast pace, which was good. Although I loved the six teenagers that were the main protagonists, I loved Erp the most. In the course of finding the jewel, he showed his determination and fearlessness when they came across a dragon called Thomas. Because of that, the team made a friend of the dragon. Also, the fact that the writer didn’t force the story to be all smooth sailing for the protagonists, where none of them lose their lives, is quite commendable. I think the book should have a sequel since there are several questions yet to be answered in the story. I can’t wait to see what happens.

Furthermore, the scenes are all well described, and I often felt like I was there in person to see things for myself. My favorite scene was when Erp rode on Thomas' back to chase John Kozel, a descendant of Lucifer. Moreover, the book is professionally edited. I found only two errors throughout the text. Although the foundation of the story is similar to one that could be found in the Bible, this novel can be enjoyed by people of every religion or non-religion. I recommend the novel to young-adult or adult readers that are into fiction books relating to magic and adventure.

Edward Patrick: The Discovery Within
View: on Bookshelves
sharon titus
Currently Reading: Her Eyes Underwater
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon-titus.html
Latest Review: My Only Sunshine by Lou Dischler

Post by sharon titus »

The review is intriguing, especially the summary part. I am looking forward to read this book. Thank you for your hard work.
Kenna Ridzi
Currently Reading: Iron Gold
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenna-ridzi.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Kenna Ridzi »

I like how this book combines historical fiction and biblical stories as you described, it's cool when novels make references from texts that you've read or know of. Thanks for your review!
Precious Naiti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Precious Naiti »

As a Christian, i was a bit skeptical when i read the summary of the book as I thought it would be offensive to my faith but as it turns out, it was quite good and intriguing. Thank you for the review.
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

The part about this not being a smooth tale, that's great. Some writers let all heroes make it to the end and create a fairytale. Here's one that doesn't. Thanks for the great review!
Miki123
Currently Reading: An Improbable Life
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Miki123 »

The review of this book teased me to know more of the discovered discoveries. So powerful to the human mind.
Thank you for reviewing.
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2316
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

Lucifer's tale sounds intriguing.
The historical parts add to my interest in reading more about the book.
I guess this is safe to recommend to my religious friends who like some twists in Biblical stories.
Great review!
just call me "jane" :tiphat:

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”