Official Review: Positively Georgia, Chin up Pup

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Official Review: Positively Georgia, Chin up Pup

Post by kandscreeley »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Positively Georgia, Chin up Pup" by Elizabeth Ferris.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Positively Georgia: Chin Up, Pup by Elizabeth Ferris is a children's/young adult book. Positively Georgia is an Airedale terrier adopted by Norman during the Covid pandemic. Georgie-Girl, as her human lovingly calls her, is still a young pup and is learning how to be a good girl. She hears the word self-confidence and goes on a quest to learn what it means. Will Georgie-Girl learn how to have confidence?

The book is told from Georgie-Girl's perspective. We meet others along the way that give her insights. For example, the first character that she learns from is Stan the garter snake. These characters add a special element to the story. I also loved getting to know Georgie-Girl and seeing the lessons she learned on her journey.

Speaking of lessons, the book is full of wisdom that we all should grasp. To elaborate, Georgie-Girl discovers that no matter what others may say about us, only we can control our thoughts. At location 68, Georgie-Girl lets us know that "self-confidence starts in your mind."

Another wonderful part of the book was the drawings. They looked like cartoons with the human characters having oversized heads. All of the important, and fun, moments are pictured. My favorite was a drawing of Georgie-Girl meditating.

I also appreciated the author's use of humor. For instance, a bird named Henrietta runs into a window. She then makes a joke about how she should get a nine out of ten. Georgie-Girl realizes she's still a puppy, and we get some humorous moments from that as well. Kids and adults will have fun while gaining understanding about life.

The book was also very well edited. I found no errors. I always hold children's stories to a higher standard because they are still learning basic grammar concepts. This book did not disappoint.

The only possible issue was with the age group of the intended audience. The author or publisher has listed this book in the young adult section of OnlineBookClub.org. Amazon has the target age set from 7 - 18. The book is a bit too simplistic for high school students, but I believe it would be perfect for those in middle school. Even elementary school children would enjoy this being read aloud to them.

The book is charming, amusing, and full of life lessons. The positive attributes far outweigh the negatives. Thus, I rate Positively Georgia: Chin Up, Pup 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to children that enjoy books about animals and want to learn more about self-confidence. The author has other books featuring Georgie-Girl planned, and I can't wait to read them.

Positively Georgia, Chin up Pup
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Ir seems a lovely book, and the messages are very inspiring. Positively Georgia seems like a great pup! Thank you for this entertaining review!
LeighBee
Currently Reading: Mistborn
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leighbee.html
Latest Review: To Own Two Suns by F. E. Tabor

Post by LeighBee »

I have been looking for the next book to read aloud to my elementary school children, so I will have to check this one out. They love animals and have good senses of humor, so it sounds like they would like this. Thank you for your review!
Eutoc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eutoc.html
Latest Review: My Ups And Downs by Sam Barder

Post by Eutoc »

Most times that I read children's books are when I'm with my little cousins. Easter is around the corner, so they'd most likely be around to enjoy some fun reads.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

raluca_mihaila wrote: 26 Mar 2021, 16:02 Ir seems a lovely book, and the messages are very inspiring. Positively Georgia seems like a great pup! Thank you for this entertaining review!
Yes, she's a good girl. It's a great book. Thanks.
—Neil Gaiman
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

LeighBee wrote: 27 Mar 2021, 10:05 I have been looking for the next book to read aloud to my elementary school children, so I will have to check this one out. They love animals and have good senses of humor, so it sounds like they would like this. Thank you for your review!
Aww! This would be a good one. Georgie-Girl has a lot to teach us. Thanks!
—Neil Gaiman
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Eutoc wrote: 27 Mar 2021, 11:30 Most times that I read children's books are when I'm with my little cousins. Easter is around the corner, so they'd most likely be around to enjoy some fun reads.
Aww. I hope you enjoy your cousins, and all of you enjoy this book! Thanks for commenting.
—Neil Gaiman
Marcel Cantu
Currently Reading: Under Another Sun
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcel-cantu.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Marcel Cantu »

This seems like a great book for young people! Thank you for your review, I enjoyed reading it!
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Marcel Cantu wrote: 28 Mar 2021, 16:43 This seems like a great book for young people! Thank you for your review, I enjoyed reading it!
Thanks for commenting. It's a cute story. I'm glad the author is doing more of these.
—Neil Gaiman
LeighBee
Currently Reading: Mistborn
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leighbee.html
Latest Review: To Own Two Suns by F. E. Tabor

Post by LeighBee »

kandscreeley wrote: 27 Mar 2021, 17:12
LeighBee wrote: 27 Mar 2021, 10:05 I have been looking for the next book to read aloud to my elementary school children, so I will have to check this one out. They love animals and have good senses of humor, so it sounds like they would like this. Thank you for your review!
Aww! This would be a good one. Georgie-Girl has a lot to teach us. Thanks!
That is perfect. When the book teaches a life lesson, my kids don't even realize they are learning life lessons. They just enjoy the story. :)
Noriel DM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noriel-dm.html
Latest Review: Customer Service Is DEAD by Mitche Graf

Post by Noriel DM »

The book sounds interesting based on your review. I like life lessons and this will help children who have low self-esteem.
We are all unique in our own ways :D
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

This sounds like a great kids book, especially for children who are lacking self-confidence.
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Noriel DM wrote: 31 Mar 2021, 10:18 The book sounds interesting based on your review. I like life lessons and this will help children who have low self-esteem.
Yes, it's a fun book with a great message. Thanks.
—Neil Gaiman
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Yvonne Monique wrote: 31 Mar 2021, 16:52 This sounds like a great kids book, especially for children who are lacking self-confidence.
Absolutely! I enjoyed it, and I know it'll be great for children. Thanks.
—Neil Gaiman
Noriel DM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noriel-dm.html
Latest Review: Customer Service Is DEAD by Mitche Graf

Post by Noriel DM »

This book seems very interesting and informative too. I will definitely give this a try. Thanks for the review.
We are all unique in our own ways :D

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”