Official Review: The Realm by Maury Franklin

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
DEEPA PUJARI
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa-pujari.html
Latest Review: Seemore the Seagull by Ralph Tufo
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Official Review: The Realm by Maury Franklin

Post by DEEPA PUJARI »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Realm" by Maury Franklin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Realm Fables for Happiness and Success written by Maury Franklin is a collection of short moral stories. The book is a reminiscence of the Aesop fables and aims at retelling the moralistic stories that we need to cherish and practice in life.

The book is a consolidation of 22 stories, each intending to teach the basic principles of life and society. All the characters in the stories are represented by animals that make the book very appealing. The stories tell us about the different types of people and scenarios we may encounter in life. There are stories about confidence, love, positivity, goodness, and more. The fables like Mother Bear and the Eagle and Wild dog and the Lion talk about righteousness and positivity. These are the life lessons that we should always keep up our sleeves and apply whenever required.

What I liked most about this book is the concept of reciting the traditional and timeless parables in a fun and charming way. The author has included some classic stories like The Ass and the Ox that bring back memories of childhood. I remembered listening to similar sagas as a child from my grandmother. The book tells us about simplistic principles that can help us turn our life around. My favorite story in the book is The Earthworm and the caterpillar because it teaches about introspection. The author has added brilliant quotes by renowned personalities at the end of each story. These quotes summarize the value of the story. The illustrations in the book are beautiful and complement the stories. The book is written in children's book format, making it delightful to read and hard to put down.

There is nothing that I disliked about this book. This book is a perfect read after a long day at work. The teachings from the book are simple and straightforward. The book is short and can be finished in one sitting. I wish there were a few more stories in the book.

This book is well-written and professionally edited. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars and recommend it to everyone above 10 years of age. This is a perfect gift for children as it is both fun and educational. The stories can also be read to small children to instill social skills from an early age. It will also help children and adults to be mindful of the people around them. This book will be a perfect addition to any school libraries.

The Realm
View: on Bookshelves
Gbemisola Akinremi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35

Post by Gbemisola Akinremi »

Oh WOW? I love books that talks about good morals. It's exciting reading this review, I could almost picture the stories as described. I sure would have a good read. Thank you for an interesting and appealing review.
Unique Ego
Favorite Book: The Tales of Little Lady M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-ego.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Unique Ego »

I'm sure kids would be interested in what kind of adventures Will and Quinn were up to in a place made of sweet treats like candy. Also, did they make it back to the train in time? That's another reason to read this book. Kids would eat this up—not literally, though.
almakhu3008
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by almakhu3008 »

Just *wow* to the writer. This book is the best way to raise social awareness in people and the best thing is that it acknowledges the reader about a lot of tjings full of positivity. Its really a one of a kind book and hats off to the editor . Its the perfect master piece for It taught me alot. It taught people around me alot. And I hope it teaches you alot too.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”