Official Review: Me Inside by Martha Miller

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Official Review: Me Inside by Martha Miller

Post by Ria710 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Me Inside" by Martha Miller.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Me Inside is a mystery book by Martha Miller. 15-year-old Jeannie wakes up one day to find out that her father got murdered. With her mother out of the picture, Jeannie is forced to live with her grandma. With her friend Ruthie, Jeannie tries to find out who killed her father. This required both of them to look into her father’s past. Specifically, the robbery he took part in fifteen years ago. Will Jeannie find her father’s killer before they find her?

There were many things that I liked about this book. Firstly, I loved that the story is told from Jeannie’s point of view. This is great because I was able to understand her thoughts and feelings. This also allowed me to connect to her character. In the book, not only is Jeannie suffering the loss of her father, but she’s also having to face the struggles of being a teenager. She’s discovering who she is as a person. I think a lot of young girls would be able to relate to her. Furthermore, all the characters in the book were developed really well. My favourite character was Grandma. She’s energetic, fun, and she always manages to put a smile on Jeannie’s face. I think it’s also nice that the author included characters who are part of the LGBTQ community. It’s important that books contain more characters like this.

I also like the structure of the book. The author kept me immersed in the book from start to finish. There were many moments of suspense that kept me on the edge of my seat. For example, when Jeannie notices a figure standing in the alley. The author also included twists and turns in the plot that had me turning the pages. This made the ending unpredictable.

The book teaches the importance of love, and how you should not judge others based on their appearance. At the beginning of the book, Jeannie didn’t love her grandma because she was a ‘crazy lesbo’, but as she got to know her more, she realised this was not the case. There was nothing that I disliked about the book. At 288 pages, it doesn’t take long to read.

Overall, I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because I enjoyed it thoroughly. I only found one mistake, so it’s professionally edited. This book is not suitable for children because it contains sexual content. I highly recommend this book to young adults who enjoy reading mystery books that contain romance.

Me Inside
View: on Bookshelves
Kristy Khem
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Kristy Khem »

This book sounds like a good one for young adults! Besides the mystery part of it, I like that it includes different personalities and lifestyles that are common in today's society. Nice review!
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis

Post by Harty Muli »

I like that Jeannie is a courageous girl who tries to find her father's killer. I also like the themes of love and not judging others. Thanks for the wonderful review.
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

A mystery book from a teenager's point of view, interesting. Jeannie seems like a future CIA or FBI agent. Thank you for your insightful review.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

Sounds interesting. I might give it a try.
Nice review!
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
Nelson Lyric
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nelson-lyric.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Nelson Lyric »

I must say this is a thought shifting novel. Thanks for this wonderful review. I must read this one.
Simplicity is the Voice of My Personality :no-spoil:
Goodness C N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-c-n.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by Goodness C N »

Sounds like an intriguing read. However, it doesn't really appeal to me. Great review anyways!
Atieno Magero
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Atieno Magero »

I love a story with some mystery to it. This seems like a very interesting book. I'm sure many readers will enjoy reading this book. Great review!
Zaeda Amrin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zaeda-amrin.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Zaeda Amrin »

An interesting plot blended with meaningful and important themes is a great combination for young adults! I wonder what the author with write next. I really appreciate your review!
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Coromandel Dreamin' by Ron Murray

Post by Praise GodWord »

I pray Jeannie stands to find the murderers of her father. I could feel the tension embedded in this book.
Simzreviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: slredirect

Post by Simzreviews »

A couple of 15-year-olds, murder investigations, and sexual content which may or may not include the LGBTQ community. Thats, not something you see in one sentence very much. Must read.
Great review.
Last edited by Simzreviews on 20 Jan 2021, 19:13, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”