Official Review: Math Gold by Al Pasha

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Official Review: Math Gold by Al Pasha

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Math Gold" by Al Pasha.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

High school math can be tricky. Even trickier are the SAT and ACT math sections. Fortunately, Al Pasha has written a book to help with just that. Math Gold: How to increase your SAT/ACT math score dramatically in 3 or 4 weeks, without a private tutor is an informative book that delivers on its promises. In its 82 pages, Al Pasha gives advice, practical tools, and timeless tricks to help any student improve their SAT/ACT math score.

Al Pasha has nineteen years of teaching experience, with eleven of those years spent teaching at the Sacred Heart Academy and Kaplan, Inc., and eight spent as an independent math tutor. He has helped countless students increase their SAT and ACT math scores and, with this book, wishes to help even more. In the book, he discusses around 92 math concepts in arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and precalculus. He also gives details on which sections to concentrate on and which not to fuss over. To get the most out of this book, the student should use it alongside their math textbooks, as well as other more comprehensive SAT/ACT materials provided by established publishers such as Kaplan, McGraw-Hill, etc.

What I liked most about the book is that the average high school student can easily understand its contents. As a result, it's a superb alternative for students who cannot afford private tutoring services. I also liked how the author included test-taking techniques and time-management tips a student can use to maximize their performance on the tests. Also included is advice to parents on the best actions to take to help their children, which I found quite informational.

There is nothing I disliked about this book. It came across as having been professionally edited as I only noticed one minor error, where the author incorrectly pluralized a word. I would recommend it to high school students preparing to take the SAT/ACT, as well as students wishing to review and advance their knowledge of high school math. Parents, tutors, and teachers can also use the book as a supplementary resource when assisting students. Moreover, Math Gold tpe, a teacher and parent's edition of this book, also written by Al Pasha, is available for purchase.

This book undoubtedly gets 4 out of 4 stars from me. It is easy to understand, quick to get through, and straight to the point. It also contains no profanity and is suitable for the intended audience. To make the book as concise as possible, the author did not include too many illustrations, examples, or graphs. However, he has compiled an additional PDF file of examples of the techniques explained in the book, which interested readers can request by email. The author outdid himself with this book. It's a treasure, and I cannot recommend it enough.

Math Gold
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Christabel Uzoamaka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-uzoamaka.html
Latest Review: Atlantis Revealed by Riaan Booysen

Post by Christabel Uzoamaka »

Maths has always been a problem for me. For me to understand lessons, it had to be put in the simplest way possible. I’m glad that high school students who are like I was can use this book as a simple guide.

An informative review, thank you.
GiselleBengochea
Currently Reading: Nathan Turner and the New World Order
Bookshelf Size: 1720
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gisellebengochea.html
Latest Review: Terror In Manila by Frank Q. Aurillo Jr

Post by GiselleBengochea »

Congratulations on an excellent review! God bless you!
Chinelookeke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinelookeke.html
Latest Review: Fear Me Now by Christopher Williams

Post by Chinelookeke »

I've always loved maths and so I love the book already. I would have to read it. Thanks to the author and the reviewer.
kljrox
Favorite Book: The Pentagon Years
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kljrox.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter

Post by kljrox »

Sounds like a wonderful book to help someone who can't afford a tutor. Thanks for the great review.
"I promised myself that I would take the time to notice simple beauty every day."
Richard L. Haight
Topsey
Currently Reading: Something Wicked This Way Comes
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topsey.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Topsey »

This seems like a fantastic tool for those struggling with maths. Although this isn’t one for me I’d be happy to recommend it to others. Great review!
Valkyrie9
Currently Reading: the love letter
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valkyrie9.html
Latest Review: From a burned charcoal, a diamond is born by Carlos Bonilla

Post by Valkyrie9 »

No one learns in the same way. There needs to be as many teaching styles as there are learning styles. Hence, there can never be too many good mathematics books, and this ones sounds to be especially helpful. Thank you for being brave enough to review a book on a subject that scares most people. :wink:
"Doors are for people with no imagination." Skulduggery Pleasant, Derek Landy :idea:
apayne310
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Currently Reading: The 57 Bus
Bookshelf Size: 415
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apayne310.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by apayne310 »

As a math teacher, I definitely think I want to check out this book for some ideas that I can incorporate into my teaching. I know how hard it can be to wrap your head around complex topics in math and I'm always looking for new and unique ways to deliver the material.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Wow, such a great book for students, especially if they cannot afford private tutors! A must-read for sure :) Thank you very much for this insightful review!
Kanda_theGreat
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanda-thegreat.html
Latest Review: Born To Survive by Kylie-Anne Evans

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

I'm not a fan of Math and would have to skip this book.
Thank you for your descriptive review.
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho

Post by Harty Muli »

This is a helpful to improve my SAT score. Thanks for the informative review.
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

This book seems to be a treasure for the ones aspiring to go overseas. Thanks for the amazing review.
Eunice Geres
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eunice-geres.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Eunice Geres »

As an engineering student, this book seems to be really helpful to make me remember some high school maths that I have forgotten. Thanks for an amazing review!
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Honest-reviewer »

I’m sure is book is going to be useful for all those who have Mathematics as their subject! Thanks for your wonderful review.
gatuguta2030
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gatuguta2030.html
Latest Review: Spirit of the Season by Brian Lamont

Post by gatuguta2030 »

GiselleBengochea wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 13:47 Congratulations on an excellent review! God bless you!
Sure.The review is captivating.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”