Official Review: Success! by Anne Elizabeth Nixon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Areej Tahir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-areej-tahir.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Re: Official Review: Success! by Anne Elizabeth Nixon

Post by Areej Tahir »

Its sad your experience wasn't tha good. I hate the books with too many errors, and I hope your next book is a better one. Thank you for the amazing review.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Prisallen wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 16:14 It sounds as though the author should write a memoir instead of a how-to book and get it professionally edited before publishing it. Thanks for a great review, though!
It does seem that way, doesn't it? Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment! (:
gen_g
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Areej Tahir wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 16:30 Its sad your experience wasn't tha good. I hate the books with too many errors, and I hope your next book is a better one. Thank you for the amazing review.
The errors were indeed quite distracting, and I hope so too. You're too sweet! Thank you for stopping by. (:
Ekta Swarnkar
Favorite Book: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-swarnkar.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

It appeared to me that the writer has wonderful ideas but is lacking their presentation. I'm sure the writer has enough potential only if the book was given time. Nice review!
You live your dreams in the characters of the books you read. :techie-studyingbrown:
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Ekta Swarnkar wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 22:43 It appeared to me that the writer has wonderful ideas but is lacking presentation. I'm sure the writer has enough potential only if the book was given time. Nice review!
I wholly agree with you; the book would be much better had the author took the time to properly develop it. Thank you for stopping by!
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Too bad about this read. While reading your review, I kept thinking to myself that this sounds more like a memoir than a guide, and found out you commented exactly that. Thanks for the honest review!
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Shrabastee wrote: 30 Aug 2019, 02:27 Too bad about this read. While reading your review, I kept thinking to myself that this sounds more like a memoir than a guide, and found out you commented exactly that. Thanks for the honest review!
We certainly think alike! :lol: Thank you for stopping by!
Wanjugush
Favorite Author: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Favorite Book: Becoming
Currently Reading: Finding A Job in Tough Times
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wanjugush.html
Latest Review: The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer by Julie Penshorn
fav_author_id: 2734

Post by Wanjugush »

It's sad the book doesn't meet the expectation; the title sounds promising. Thanks for the comprehensive review.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 509
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

Thank you for giving an honest review. Success books sometimes have difficulty generating a positive audience, depending on who wrote the book and how the book discusses success. It seems that this one was not as great as other books that I have read. I hope that the next book that you read is better. :)
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Wanjugush wrote: 30 Aug 2019, 23:55 It's sad the book doesn't meet the expectation; the title sounds promising. Thanks for the comprehensive review.
The book would definitely be able to reach its potential after rigorous editing. Thank you for stopping by!
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

byebye98 wrote: 31 Aug 2019, 01:03 Thank you for giving an honest review. Success books sometimes have difficulty generating a positive audience, depending on who wrote the book and how the book discusses success. It seems that this one was not as great as other books that I have read. I hope that the next book that you read is better. :)
You're too sweet, thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! (: I agree with you wholeheartedly; there are certainly many factors at play when determining the book's success, pun intended. :lol:
Bianka Walter
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

I don't think any amount of reading could ever get me to commercial pilot level. And either way, this one obviously falls very short.
Loved reading your review :)
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Bianka Walter wrote: 01 Sep 2019, 13:10 I don't think any amount of reading could ever get me to commercial pilot level. And either way, this one obviously falls very short.
Loved reading your review :)
Me too, I have no affinity for anything engineering related. Thanks for stopping by, Bianka! I hope everything with your emigration goes well. :D
Laila Hashem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laila-hashem.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Post by Laila Hashem »

The idea behind this book is overused to be honest. Had the author taken a different writing angle, it could've been helpful, but, I agree with you that the majority of the content does not seem useful. Great review!
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Laila_Hashem wrote: 03 Sep 2019, 14:23 The idea behind this book is overused to be honest. Had the author taken a different writing angle, it could've been helpful, but, I agree with you that the majority of the content does not seem useful. Great review!
Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Hopefully, the author will rework the book.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”