Official Review: In My World by Daniel Pietrzak

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mmm17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmm17.html
Latest Review: Broke Open by Lela Becker

Official Review: In My World by Daniel Pietrzak

Post by mmm17 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "In My World" by Daniel Pietrzak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In My World, by Daniel Pietrzak, is a novel about a young man’s quest to find his purpose in life. Written in the first person, it’s an emotional tale in which Deon Dale recounts a personal soul-searching journey. With an artistic personality, struggling to adapt to a materialist society, Deon “felt misunderstood by everyone” and suffered because “nobody was as fascinated by the things that surrounded them” as he was. The book narrates the main character's adventures as he tries to follow the signs of the universe to recognize his real passion.

The book starts with Deon’s childhood memories. When he was just five years old, he told his mother he would find a treasure. The protagonist was a perceptive kid who paid attention to artwork and questioned the world around him. His father was strict and beat him frequently, which made him feel as if life was torture. After he finishes school, he leaves home and finds a job. He then decides to take a trip to Glastonbury – a place with ancient sites believed to be sacred and magical. This trip completely changes his life, but no spoilers are allowed!

The author’s depiction of Deon’s experiences was delightful and heartwarming. The language he uses is vivid and almost poetical. For instance, I particularly enjoyed the thoughts and sensations described when Deon drank water from an ancient well. Also, the secondary characters encountered during the journey are well developed and nicely woven into the plot, especially Nuelle and Alex.

Reading In My World proved to be a marvelous experience, and I was pleasantly surprised. The author is a talented storyteller, and the book offers glimpses inside the delicate mind of an intuitive person. I felt peaceful after reading this book. In my opinion, the author successfully manages to send subtle messages of encouragement and hope throughout the story. He inspires readers to practice acceptance and compassion, as well as meditation. So, I’m sure there will be at least a couple of worthy takeaways for everyone.

Lastly, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It seems well written and edited, and I did not find any errors in it. It was a fast and delightful read; I read it in one sitting. I found no noteworthy negative points in it. I believe it will appeal to open-minded readers interested in journeys of self-discovery. Due to the various mystical elements, those who are more skeptical might not like it as much.

In My World
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like mmm17's review? Post a comment saying so!
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

Deon sounds like an inspirational character. Thank you for the great review!
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

It would be interesting to see how Deon is as an adult, given the way his parents were so opposite in their way of treating him. I can see how Deon decided to go a journey of discovery. Thank you for the review!
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

It seems like the author's difficult childhood led him to create his own world where he felt safe and accepted. I enjoyed your writing about the descriptions. Great review! Thanks.
juliusotieno02
Favorite Book: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Currently Reading: Aftermath
Bookshelf Size: 229
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotieno02.html
Latest Review: Read My Mind by Stephen McLeod

Post by juliusotieno02 »

Sometimes we find ourself lost in the world and we have to struggle finding our purpose in life. This sounds like a very inspiring book. Thanks for such a good review.
Bury your dictionaries

The words you need
are in your heart
and the eyes
of the people
you love.
Wriley
Favorite Book: Executive Hoodlum
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wriley.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Wriley »

That was a good review about a book that looks intriguing. I liked that the author was about to insert a message of encouragement with it being overpowering. The book does sound like something I would enjoy.
Logic will get you from A to Z
But Imagination will get you
EVERYWHERE

Albert Einstein

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”