Favorite YA Book About Angels

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
abbiejoice
Currently Reading: Me Before You
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbiejoice.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Favorite YA Book About Angels

Post by abbiejoice »

What's your favorite YA Book about angels?

I recommend BLOOD OF ANGELS (Elioud Chronicles Book 1).

Last edited by gali on 01 May 2019, 04:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link
Julie Petitbon
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
Currently Reading: Becoming Michele Obama
Bookshelf Size: 699
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-petitbon.html
Latest Review: Sophia Violet and the Fiery Orb by Evangeline Greene
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Julie Petitbon »

I like the Hush Hush Saga by Becca Fitzpatrick
Books own me
Currently Reading: Aristotle and Dante discover the secrets of the universe
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Books own me »

I like The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare since all shadowhunters are part Nephilim
iced_sunshine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iced-sunshine.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by iced_sunshine »

I really liked Tantalise by Cynthia Leitich Smith. There was one angel called Zachary and his character was honestly just mind-blowing. I still love him to this day.
Annony11
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Annony11 »

Angel Eyes Trilogy by Shannon Dittemore
steph_the_bookworm20

Post by steph_the_bookworm20 »

I can definitely agree on the Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick! I’ve reread them at least 12 times. She is a very talented author who created characters that were hard not to attach to and sometimes you find yourself feeling everything that the characters were feeling. I enjoyed her work very much.
shakirreads12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by shakirreads12 »

The Hush Hush saga for sure! I loved those and read them all within a few days in 8th grade. I also recommend Angelfall (Penryn and the End of Days trilogy) It's a hilarious, intense, and unique apocalyptic story about the world ending once biblical angels come to earth.
RoxieReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxiereads.html
Latest Review: Code Name Lily by Julien Ayotte

Post by RoxieReads »

The Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy by Laini Taylor has angels and demons, and is beautifully written.
~Roxie~
RoxieReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxiereads.html
Latest Review: Code Name Lily by Julien Ayotte

Post by RoxieReads »

Books own me wrote: 21 May 2019, 06:05 I like The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare since all shadowhunters are part Nephilim
I really want to read these books, I have heard that they are very good.
~Roxie~
HanElizabeth397
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanelizabeth397.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by HanElizabeth397 »

Books own me wrote: 21 May 2019, 06:05 I like The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare since all shadowhunters are part Nephilim
And if you're planning on reading this series I would recommend starting with The Mortal Instruments series! :)
VSuraj
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vsuraj.html
Latest Review: Justice by Scott Hughes

Post by VSuraj »

Definitely the Hush Hush series previously mentioned. I haven't read it, but my sister read the entire series. The thing is, she is not much of a reader, so if she enjoyed it, then it has to be really good!
Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic - J.K. Rowling
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

Fallen
sheyenne_m

Post by sheyenne_m »

I'm currently 3/4 of the way through with the Hush, Hush series, and it has been a heart-racing and sentimental novel all at the same time. From the constant danger from the enemy and the complicated love between Patch, whom is a fallen angel, and Nora, the main character, this YA book has not allowed me to become uninterested for one millisecond! I am in absolute love with the plot twist it throws at just the right times when you're not expecting it.

If you're interested about angels and the life of a very normal girls, I definitely recommend this series. :D
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

The shadowhunter series.
but Good Omens is an ultimate favorite read due to all the humor and a different story.
Baileyann080
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baileyann080.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by Baileyann080 »

I definitely enjoyed the Hush, Hush Series as well as the Angelfire Series I'd say that they are both my favorites, but I have also just recently completed the Halo Series. I would recommend each series to anyone who enjoys a good YA series with romance and and great characters. I have also read the Fallen Series and they are very good as well! In the Hush, Hush books, I really liked the twist in the beginning where Nora was afraid of Patch, and then they become friends as he introduces her to is world. I was captured in this series from the very beginning and read the entire series in a day. Good romance and plot throughout the series, and the epilogue was very sweet as well.

In the Halo Series, there is, of course, romance but also a good peak into the world around them, in it's vastness. The Halo Trilogy was a very well-written, sweet and concise story line. The main characters Beth and Xavier show so much compassion and consideration of those around them, always putting those they love first. Beth does make some decisions, on her own, that had put her into some very difficult positions, but she perseveres.

For the Fallen Series, the first book was a little difficult for me to get involved in. I found the beginning a bit odd and a slower, dryer read. However, I wanted to give this series the benefit of the doubt and continued to read all the way through. The following books in the series have much more action and by the 4th or 5th chapter in book 2, I couldn't put it down. There is definitely a surprise ending, although I did suspect it in the 3rd book, the reveal was still suspenseful.

In the Angelfire series, it is not clear in the beginning that it is about angels. As you read through the series, the pieces do connect and it's clear that the story is a battle between Heaven and Hell. I fell in love with the characters very early on in the first book. A tale about a strong female lead character who does not realize her true power or potential, but grows stronger with the help of her partner.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”