Official Review: Silent Lee and the Adventure of the Side...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Re: Official Review: Silent Lee and the Adventure of the Side...

Post by Manang Muyang »

I can't help but recall my passion for Nancy Drew adventures in my tween days of long ago. Sie seems to be of the same mold as Nancy. Let's find Aunt G!
perchick_7
Currently Reading: Inside Incest
Bookshelf Size: 131

Post by perchick_7 »

I could be considered a young adult, right? LOL! So many elements in this book intrigue me. The interesting names of the characters, (Silent, Generous), magic of course is interesting, who abducted the aunt. The diversity of the characters can help educate the reader that we may have different cultures and different colored skin, but we are all human. The humor woven into the story is always a desirable trait for an author. I'm looking forward to reading this book; thanks for the review.
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 142
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this seems like an interesting young adult mystery novel about a young woman who usually lives with her aunt but is suddenly forced to live with her cousins and is told that her aunt has died. All of a sudden, Silent Lee is given a letter from her supposedly-dead aunt stating that her aunt is being held captive. Silent Lee now must find her aunt and "save" her. It might be worth a second look. Well done.
Scerakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

Magical adventures have always been a significant attraction for the young-adult reader. This book sounds like an excellent addition to the annals of this genre.
Gabrielle Sigaki
Currently Reading: Business Basics BootCamp
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabrielle-sigaki.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Gabrielle Sigaki »

This young adult book sounds interesting to those readers who are in middle school right now and to those readers who enjoy fantasy and magic. However, I don't think it is for me, congrats on BOTD to the author! Thanks for the review!
Verna Coy
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-verna-coy.html
Latest Review: The Fate of AI Society by Kenneth Hamer-Hodges

Post by Verna Coy »

This book appealed to me right away because of its great cover and title. It’s nice that the errors were few and didn’t affect the rating. I plan to read this whole book. Thank you for an entertaining review!
Lisa A Rayburn
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

The author must have read all of Edgar Eager's books growing up because this one is right in line with his! I must say, Silent's family has a talent for... interesting names. I've already continued reading, and the book only gets better from when the sample ends! I'm looking forward to finding out how Silent and Raahi go about finding Aunt Gen. Excellent review, thanks!
Books are my self-medication. 8)
lavkathleen
Favorite Author: Adam Guest
Currently Reading: Weeper
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavkathleen.html
Latest Review: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech by Marcel Sahade
fav_author_id: 188841

Post by lavkathleen »

Kudos to whoever designed that book cover because it looks so good. Also, that book title is really catchy and interesting. The plot sparks curiousity and intrigue; somehow it's exciting that it's a quick read, too.
Kathleen Lavador
pronouns: she/they

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 553
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sirajuddin A »

Silent Lee sounds like a mysterious story as it holds the intrigue element of the disappearance of a person who is pronounced dead.
Sarrikoziol
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarrikoziol.html
Latest Review: House of Cuts by June Gillam

Post by Sarrikoziol »

An interesting read for young readers to be sure. I am curious how she navigates the regular world and the mishaps she's able to overcome.
Misguided angel means bad with good intentions
Swollen Members
Holly Fleming
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holly-fleming.html
Latest Review: Beyond by Ruth Mitchell

Post by Holly Fleming »

I look forward to reading all about Silent's world! It sounds like an engaging plot with interesting characters.
Monserrat21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monserrat21.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Monserrat21 »

The plot sounds fun and entertaining. I like that there also seems to be a little mystery. The names and the diversity are a nice touch! I will certainly try to read this one! Great review.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1886
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Silent Lee and the Adventure of the Side Door Key' by Alex Hiam forms a good background to the magical story of the adventure of a young girl for readers! It explains every little detail related to the story for the benefit of readers! The bright points of the story have been mentioned in the review with a full emphasis! The point that magic is a key component of the story is worth mentioning in the review! Nice to learn that the story creates some fun and educational moments for all readers!
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

This sounds like a fun, magical book. I do enjoy the names, Silent and Generous. I also really like that there is so much diversity in the characters. That's definitely refreshing. Great review!
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
Analu0309
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Analu0309 »

I love how its expressed in the review that the autor includes some personal touches because that makes me want to read the book even more. I love that it is expressed that the book can be suitable for high school readers because with that info I can have an idea of how the book is going to be in general. Thank you so much for making me look forward to reading this book that I hope I end up loving.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”